Mists of Arlis

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: Mists of Arlis

Postby Rodney » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:58 am

' Now, you should rather stay polite sir, for miners deserve to be adressed with proper respect, especially when they discover stuff like this crystal. Which is a crystal you're not walking away with. '
Rodney
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Evra » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:06 pm

evra stands there "im just examining the thing you can have it" is all he says as he kneels down and gently taps it with his metal gloved hands a sorta ting sound is made like he hit a normal rock "hmm seems like a normal but extremely large crystal"
Evra
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby TKC » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:49 pm

OOC: Evra, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me handle the results of your actions. All is not as you'd think in Arlis, and proceeding past certain points without letting me post a reaction could be dangerous to your character. No harm this time, but please keep it in mind for the future. :)/OOC

~~Moridin's Forge: Mines~~

Attempting to tap his gauntlet against the crystal Evra finds that he cannot, his armored hand stopping a few inches from the surface of the crystal. As the three men watch the light grows dimmer from the crystal, quickly becoming little more than you'd get from a simple lantern, and shadowy movement can be seen in it again. The voice that had been singing earlier returns, though it does not sound like she is singing now, but speaking. None of those present can understand what she says though.

~~Moridin's Forge: Streets(And nearby buildings)~~

As Ash walks towards the streets with the golden rod hidden under his cloak he feels a sudden sharp pain, like being stabbed, right where the rod was brushing up against his body. Following the pain his skin around it started to itch and burn. Oddly enough if Ash looked, he would see no blood in the area, just a small hole in his clothing, and his skin slightly swelled and red beneath.

~~Loriae: Streets(And nearby buildings)~~

The merchant burst into loud laughter at Erik's words, "Teach both of us? Oh no, she is not here to do any such thing. She was just accompanying me on my walk, weren't you Rebecca?"

Erik caught just the slightest hint of anger in the woman's eyes before she smiled and gave a small tittering laugh, "Well of course. I wouldn't dream of dirtying my hands with a weapon."

Having apparently missed the anger the merchant turned and nodded to Erik again, "I do have some training in fighting with a light sword. Do you have any weapons like that?"

~~Deep Water: Docks~~

"You put this shiny thing on the string?" Rina asks as she reaches up towards the hook to touch it, "How would such a small thing get stuck in a fish?"
TKC
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Falka The Bat » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:05 pm

It was one of those few days that Danny Heliclops was glad for the winding streets of Loriae. Most of the time they were a pain, but maybe it just took an angry mob to get some appreciation.

In retrospect, he should have been more careful. Telling that merchant he could divine the location of his daughter was a bad idea, a fact that was not made apparent until Danny had "predicted" that she was with a lover when she was actually out for a walk.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid!" he snarled as he ran. He could hear voices behind him-the merchant's guards, no doubt-but they were growing feint. His escape was a success.

Danny had to think. He had made far too many mistakes here, even if he could evade the merchant, there were several others to follow. A caravan had just left, so he would have to lay low for a while.

But if you were a real sorcerer, you wouldn't have to deal with this. whispered his subconscious cruelly. He sighed. Pulling a hood over his head, he began to look for somewhere to sleep.
You remind me of the babe.....
Falka The Bat
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Rodney » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:05 pm

Romeo is quite puzzled by the varying light : " It's strange, it seems to be reacting to the touch ". He walks to the crytal and moves his bare hand to touch it.
" And are you guys hearing a voice now ? "
Rodney
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Mystic Mina » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:13 pm

A slight blush came to Bishop's face when he heard the woman talk about what might happen later. There was no way she was serious.... Right?

"Um, yeah...."
Mystic Mina
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Gee-chan » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:24 pm

Calon lingered just inside the mists along the side of the caravan, slowly drifting away, deeper into the realms outside of man's welcome. In the obscuring fog, his senses honed themselves to see more clearly than he would have outside, the smells of trees and animals drifting towards him, the sounds of his own footsteps reaching his ears which heard the sounds as clearly as his eyes saw the very woods around him.
This was where he could belong, where he could set free the parts of him which longed to run and explore, to feed and relish the taste, to hunt, and to kill....This was where the darker side of him dwelt, where the true face of the human boy showed itself to the world.
Last edited by Gee-chan on Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
I'm looking at the world through a Jaffa-cake filling.....

Let the loli's hit the floor.....

Things to do before you die: Number 57: Lunge wildly at The Pope!
Gee-chan
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Zoey » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:35 pm

"Yeah..." says Gorten as he aprouches the stone again. "I think we should take it and try to inspect it in a better place" he sas feeling the crystal.
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby AshK » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:05 pm

TKC wrote:~~Loriae: Streets(And nearby buildings)~~

The merchant burst into loud laughter at Erik's words, "Teach both of us? Oh no, she is not here to do any such thing. She was just accompanying me on my walk, weren't you Rebecca?"

Erik caught just the slightest hint of anger in the woman's eyes before she smiled and gave a small tittering laugh, "Well of course. I wouldn't dream of dirtying my hands with a weapon."

Having apparently missed the anger the merchant turned and nodded to Erik again, "I do have some training in fighting with a light sword. Do you have any weapons like that?"

"Actually, I only sell martial Arts Weapons. I have never heard of a Light Sword." Erik said.
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby Evra » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:19 pm

( sorry :S shoulda posted i went to tap the crystal )
Evra is sorta curious as to the apparent magical properties as he stands up looking down at it trying to make out the voice
Evra
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Shadowmaster » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:51 pm

Ash looks at the hole in his clothes and his red skin. "What in the world...?" he says aloud. Did the rod stab him? Was it poison? Maybe that's how the old man had died... "Maybe I should try to find out more about this thing." he says, changing his route to the library. He could sell it once he knows exactly what it is, for now he wanted to make sure it wasn't lethal.
I am a ninja, zam.
Shadowmaster
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Postby Musashi » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:20 pm

TKC wrote:~~Loriae: Streets(And nearby buildings)~~

Soon enough Eric lead the way to a small and simple house in the fair side of town. While it looked serviceable enough it certainly had never felt a woman's touch, as there was no color or decoration to it. It was simply there.

"You'll have to excuse a bit of a mess, I wasn't expecting to have such lovely company," Eric said as he nodded to a small pouch on his left hip, away from Maewyn, "The key should be in there."

~~~~

Maewyn didn't mind the simplicity. In fact, a blank canvas was kind of exciting. Already thoughts danced and pranced in her mind about how she could cheer the place up. Bright happy places encourage healing, of course!
She reached into the pouch to grab the key, and opened the door to enter... "Oh, don't worry about any mess. I can take care of any cleaning!"
Item 1: ShounenAi Badger Badge
2: God of Bishounenkind Badge
3: FtM Badge

"Yer so funny in a harmlessly psychotic way ;-p" - Coru-moose

"You're like a ninja ferret on crack." - Zack

Dubbed "Moon Master" by Kata
Musashi
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Alissa of Someday » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:16 pm

/Virgil pauses awkwardly for a moment--it was a bit...gruesome to describe in detail...but.../

"Well--it gets...caught in the fish's insides..."
Alissa of Someday
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Rodney » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:30 pm

Kaizer wrote:"Yeah..." says Gorten as he aprouches the stone again. "I think we should take it and try to inspect it in a better place" he sas feeling the crystal.
" Agreed. but it looks heavy, how many men do you think it would take to lift it ? "
Rodney
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Zoey » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:42 pm

"It would take about 4 men to pull it out, but luckly for you I count as 3'" says Gorten as he gets ready to pull. "Get over here you panzy and help me pull!" he shouts.
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying