Mists of Arlis

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: Mists of Arlis

Postby Rodney » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:48 pm

Romeo grumbles at the foul language but decides, out of good will for the commoner (and probably love for the crytal) to give him a hand.
He walks to the crytall and pulls with Gorten.
Rodney
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Evra » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:52 pm

"evra shakes his head "ahh greed" he says to himself but out loud as he turns "apparently nothings in this mine but a big crystal now to get payed
Evra
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby TKC » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:30 am

~~Loriae: Streets(And nearby buildings)~~

Looking around in the nearby area Danny noticed a couple places he could hide. There was a Inn nearby, the Foggy Flagon, which he knew had a rather bad reputation. Or there was a nearby building that looked abandoned, with the roof sagging and the walls showing a few holes. Whichever he was going to though he'd have to go quick, as he could hear the voices start to grow louder again!

~~~~

"Don't know what a light sword is!?" the merchant asked incredulously, "It's one of the most common weapons of the civilized world! Perhaps it was a mistake for me to come here. Come Rebecca," turning to leave the merchant motioned for Rebecca to follow. The woman hesitated a moment, having been eying the weapons on display, and then turned to follow the merchant.

~~~~

Inside the house was certainly disorganized, with dishes and various items scattered about, and quite dusty from lack of use, but other than that it seemed not that bad. There was a bare bed over near a good sized fireplace, which had a stack of wood and pot near it. A rough dresser sat near that. In fact all the furniture was rough, probably not purchased from any kind of merchant.

"Well, welcome to my home," Eric said as he guided Maewyn inside, "Sorry about the dust, it's been a while since I last stayed here..."

~~Moridin's Forge: Mines~~

As Gorten and Romeo move to grab the crystal they find their hands stopped inches from the surface. It felt almost like touching glass, there was nothing there to see, but something was stopping them. When they tried to pull on it the force pushed outwards, slamming back back and away, and even causing Evra to stumble as it pushed him forward. As the three men were pushed back the light grew bright again, and the voice grew louder, plainly angry as it spoke in the high, musical language.

~~Moridin's Forge: Streets(And nearby buildings)~~

With a soft laugh the woman lead Bishop down the street, and then turned down an alley, "This way Bishop," she called lightly over her shoulder as she moved deeper into the dark alley.

~~~~

As Ash walked towards the library he could feel the heat and itching slowly starting to spread along his skin, until it had spread to all of his left thigh. It didn't hurt though, and so it didn't hamper Ash from reaching the great library in Moridin's Forge. Inside an older man sat behind a desk, and peered over it at Ash as the man came in, "Yes? How may I help you?"

~~Loriae: Rescue Caravan~~

As Calon moved about in the mists he noticed that the mist spawn seemed to be keeping an even further distance than they normally did. He could barely see them moving on the edges of his vision, but he could hear them, quickly moving away as he moved towards them. It was like something had spooked the mist spawn, making them even more wary of clean air than normal.

~~~~

Ahead of the caravan the noises began to fade as more of the mist spawn scattered, and the first signs of the earlier flight started to show up on the road. Mostly they were scattered and crushed supplies, though Loid could see where some of the mist spawn had been feeding on them. There didn't really seem to be much to salvage of yet, and so the group continued forward.

"You think we'll get attacked like the caravan was?" one of the town guards near Loid asked softly.

~~~~

Back in the back Justin caught sight of movement in the mists as he looked back. As he turned to get a closer look he caught a glimpse of a shadowy form. It was tall, far taller than any of the mist spawn he had ever seen, and it seemed to be following the caravan inside the mists.

~~Deep Water: Docks~~

Touching the hook Rina gave a gasp and quickly slid back into the water, "It's sharp!" Looking at the small drop of blood welling up on her finger for a moment she looked back up at Virgil, "Is that how it catches the fish? So it is like a small spear?"
Last edited by TKC on Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
TKC
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Zoey » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:12 pm

"Ok! I'm really getting pissed right now!!!" shouts Gorten getting pissed as he raised his pickaxe.
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Jacqueline » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:18 pm

"Doesn't look like it, so far," said Loid levelly. "All the same, better keep our eyes peeled. I'd just as rather not be snuck up on by any mist spawn."
Check out the test to find out who you are!
Jacqueline
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Rodney » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:28 pm

Romeo, protested : ' Please lord miner, I conjure you to refrain from such hasty action. This could be worth a lot more in on piece. '

He turned to Evra : ' Tell him to calm down. '
Rodney
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Marky » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:39 pm

Looking at the tall, shadowy form, Justin knew he needed to warn the others. Turning back around, he yelled toward the front of the caravan. "Michael, Jace, there's a huge mist spawn back here, following us!"
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Zoey » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:41 pm

"I've had it! And now the crystal won't shut the heck up!!!" shouts Gorten once again hitting the Crystal.
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby AshK » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:08 pm

TKC wrote:
~~Loriae: Streets(And nearby buildings)~~

"Don't know what a light sword is!?" the merchant asked incredulously, "It's one of the most common weapons of the civilized world! Perhaps it was a mistake for me to come here. Come Rebecca," turning to leave the merchant motioned for Rebecca to follow. The woman hesitated a moment, having been eying the weapons on display, and then turned to follow the merchant.

*Erik stops them before they leave.*

"Hold on a minute! By Light Sword do you mean these?" Erik asks the two as he shows them a Wakasashi and a Katana

"These two are pretty light weapons. Here take a look at them." Erik says offering the Wakasashi and Katana to the Merchant and the woman accompanying him.
Last edited by AshK on Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby Falka The Bat » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:19 pm

Danny weighed his options; the Foggy Flagon would be ideal, lots of noise, chaos, large crowds of people...people who he probably owed money...

His decision was clear. With the kind of agility only one raised on the streets could posses, he leaped through one of the holes of the abandoned building, and slammed his back against the wall. Hopefully the merchants men would have the same first thought he had.
You remind me of the babe.....
Falka The Bat
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Nosnits » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:51 pm

Andrew peaks out of the caravan he's hiding in and sees the supplies that were left there from last time and then goes back to hidding in 'his' caravan.
Hey, you! No...not you....You! Go ---> HERE <--- to red the drabbles of stuff I've written, or ---> HERE <--- to see both my doodles AND writing. Double dip right there.

Knit the scarf. Ride the ogre.
Nosnits
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Evra » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:04 pm

evra turns to him and quickly grabs the pickaxe riping it away from him as he swings it the force sending the pick into the rock walls of the mine as he growls "clearly messing with it ISNT WORKING"
Evra
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Mystic Mina » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:11 pm

Jasper continued to follow the woman despite the ever growing feeling in his gut that something was very fishy about the whole deal. Perhaps it wasn't such a good idea to leave the shop.

"You're sure it's down this way? It doesn't look like there's very much back there...."
Mystic Mina
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Shadowmaster » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:56 pm

Ash looks down at the old man. "Yeah...I need a book. One on ancient items. Rods, in particular, if you have one." he says, a little put off by the itching.
I am a ninja, zam.
Shadowmaster
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Postby Alissa of Someday » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:01 pm

/Virgil laughs./

"I guess you could say that--a fishing pole is much more...advanced then a spear though..."

/He smiles slightly./

"..And I might make it even better, soon enough."
Alissa of Someday
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying