Mists of Arlis

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: Mists of Arlis

Postby Evra » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:59 pm

as evra stops and looks at the merchant listening to him he stands there for a moment before nodding and speaking in a deep voice that made him seem evil even though he didnt mean it even though he stopped speaking as soon as he started after saying "ok"
Evra
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Nosnits » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:21 pm

Andrew stays in the square with the pretext of helping people, but still asking questions to the survivers.
Hey, you! No...not you....You! Go ---> HERE <--- to red the drabbles of stuff I've written, or ---> HERE <--- to see both my doodles AND writing. Double dip right there.

Knit the scarf. Ride the ogre.
Nosnits
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Shadowmaster » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:40 pm

Ash grins as his eyes catch the gleam of gold. Hmm, looks like a good target... he thinks. If only he didn't seem that paranoid. Oh well. Ash leaves the alley he's in and begins to trail the man from a few yards away, making it seem he wasn't following him. All he had to do was wait for an opportunity to rob the man to present itself, and if that didn't happen, there was always the more...direct approach.
I am a ninja, zam.
Shadowmaster
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Postby Musashi » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:12 pm

As Maewyn approaches the square, she notices shouting, but is just out of earshot. She too is curious about what happened, both because of the killed/injured, and because the caravans bring baking supplies. But she's also here to help! Fresh-baked bread can cure even the deadliest injury! ... or at least cheer someone up. For the visit, she's dressed herself up a little nicer, in a simple green peasant-y dress. In her arms she carries a bag full of loaves of bread.

"Anybody hungry...?"
Item 1: ShounenAi Badger Badge
2: God of Bishounenkind Badge
3: FtM Badge

"Yer so funny in a harmlessly psychotic way ;-p" - Coru-moose

"You're like a ninja ferret on crack." - Zack

Dubbed "Moon Master" by Kata
Musashi
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Gee-chan » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:17 pm

The slight rustle of leaves could be heard as Calon emerged from the woods outside the town. It was quiet in there today, yet there was an unusually high sense of watchfulness about. Looking back into the misty trees, he took one last deep breath of wild air, before turning away to head back into the town.
As he walked he concealed an object in his belt. It was a knife, of sorts. Not steel or any other metal like one would expect, it was almost white with a pale yellow hue to it, and did not have the same shine that a device of metal would hold. It's blade was incredibly sharp, running all the way down to the handle on one side. The handle was a scrap of leather wrapped round a rounded and blunt section of the single-piece blade. this was an object that had served the young man well for many years, as such, even when he went into the town, it did not leave his side.

As he walked through the streets the talk of an attack on a caravan hung in the air. Under most circumstances Calon would have ignored it, but the talk also included words of there being something unusual happening in the forest. He himself had noticed this, and such a thing does not happen without reason.

Hoping to discover something, he made his way to the town centre, where the remnants of the caravan were gathered in their tattered glory.
I'm looking at the world through a Jaffa-cake filling.....

Let the loli's hit the floor.....

Things to do before you die: Number 57: Lunge wildly at The Pope!
Gee-chan
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Mystic Mina » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:42 pm

"Ugh, dumb nightmare. How come I can't dream of something cooler, like being.... Being a one-armed pirate! Yeah, that'd be cool!" Bishop thinks to himself as he helps his father set up for yet another day of blacksmithing. He heard a few details about the strange dream while he was heading over to the shop in the early morning, but he didn't really care to discover anything else about it. It's just a dream, right? It shouldn't mean anything.... Even if everyone in town had the same one. Besides, he has more to worry about, like his duties as the assistant blacksmith. ".... Well, at least it has the town in a bustle. It's usually so boring around here."
Mystic Mina
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Jacqueline » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:14 am

Jace nods to himself at the square master's speech. Of course he is going to stay and help. He doesn't know anything about treating wounds, so instead he makes his way to the square master.
"I'll accompany you," he tells the man.
Check out the test to find out who you are!
Jacqueline
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby TKC » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:02 am

~~Moridin's Forge: Mines~~

The crowd quickly splits before Gorten's shouting, letting Gorten, Romeo, and a good portion of the miners pass. Some of the miners joke and laugh about the foolish superstitious folk, while others looked about nervously as they went down into the darkness of the mines. There was certainly an air of unease as the group descended deeper, past the areas that had long ago been cleared of anything of value.

~~Moridin's Forge: Streets~~

The wealthy looking merchant gives a small shiver at Evra's voice, but smiles and motions to a nearby tavern, "Please, this way Sir Slayer."

The man lead the way inside, revealing that this tavern was very fancy and expensive looking. Expensive furniture and decorations were everywhere, sparkling with precious metals and gems. Though Evra got many strange looks for being there, no one said anything when they noticed who he was with.

"Here we are," the merchant motioned to a large table that normally sat 6, "Please, sit and order whatever you'd like."

~~~~

Despite the man's paranoia he didn't seem to notice Ash at all. He made his way through the streets, apparently moving at random. After some time he turned and went down a small, empty street.

~~~~

"Bishop, there you are!" the blacksmith called out as he worked at the forge, "I was starting to wonder if you'd be hiding scared in your bed after that dream everyone is talking about. I need you to run the counter for now, I've got a special order I'm working on. Seems the dream might be good for business!" with roaring deep laughter the blacksmith went back to his work, trusting Bishop to do as he was told.

~~Loriae: Caravan Square~~

Andrew soon found himself helping to unload the wagons, asking his questions to those who were least hurt in the attack. Most didn't want to talk about specifics of the attack, but one young man was more than happy to, describing the twisted mist spawn as they jumped from the mists, hurling themselves at the wagons and attacking even as the clean air killed them.

~~~~

Many were more than happy to take Maewyn up on her offer of fresh and delicious bread. In particular was a young guard from the caravan, his left arm in a freshly made sling, "Thanks... Maewyn, right?" he said with a warm smile to her.

~~~~

As Calon approached Caravan Square he noticed several people were giving him a very wide berth. Some whispered as they moved aside. As he walked he heard whispers about a strange horn in the mists. When he did arrive at the square most paid him no attention, except for the few guards posted to keep gawkers back while the clean up continued, who glared at him with open suspicion.

~~~~

Michael looked Jace up and down at his offer, and then gave a firm nod, "Thanks for offering. We'll head out once we get a few more volunteers."

Looking around Michael notices Justin and calls out, "You there! You're a guard as well, right? You offering to help out with the search as well?"
TKC
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Musashi » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:12 am

Maewyn smiled shyly and blushed just a bit, nodding. "Yes, that's right. I'm afraid I didn't catch your name..."

She glanced around briefly, then lowered her voice and added, "And, I mean, if you're allowed to... can you tell me more about what happened?"
Item 1: ShounenAi Badger Badge
2: God of Bishounenkind Badge
3: FtM Badge

"Yer so funny in a harmlessly psychotic way ;-p" - Coru-moose

"You're like a ninja ferret on crack." - Zack

Dubbed "Moon Master" by Kata
Musashi
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Jacqueline » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:16 am

Jace nodded in return. "In the meantime, I'll help unloading." The guard went to help the others unpack the caravan.
Check out the test to find out who you are!
Jacqueline
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby TKC » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:22 am

~~Loriae: Caravan Square~~

"I'm Eric," the guard said with an even brighter smile, "Don't worry about not knowing it though. I just stop into your bakery every now and again, you make such delicious bread."

At Maewyn's hushed question Eric looked around for a moment, and then leaned forward to speak quietly to Maewyn, "Well, it was really weird. We were just settling down for dinner when this really strange horn sound came form the mists. Just as I was looking up mist spawn started swarming at us from everywhere! The caravan master told us all to run, so we started to run. It was chaos, running and fighting and running. I did this," he gave a gentle shrug of his broken arm, "While fending off eight of the beasts by myself."

~~~~

Michael simply gave a nod to Jace as he waited for Justin's answer.
TKC
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Zoey » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:50 pm

"Ok men, listen up!" said Gorten to the group. "Today we have double the work force thanks to that stupid superstition. So instead of spliting up through the sub division tunnels, I want everyone to escavate the main shaft today. Got it?!"he said as they decended to the area. "Remember men, thanks to these mines Moridin's Forge is the way it is. If it wasn't for us, I'd be just a ghost town... " added Gorten
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Marky » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:58 pm

Turning away from the person he just finished questioning about the attack, Justin looks back over to Michael and makes his way toward him. "Yeah, I'll help. I want to get to the bottom of this, as well."
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Rodney » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:21 pm

Once the small group has entered the mine, Romeo turns his heels and tries to get back to the outside of the mine, looking for a gem seller.

Going into those dark places isn't his thing.
Rodney
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Shadowmaster » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:49 pm

Ash follows the man down the empty street, not only to acquire the objesct the man had, but also curious as to what he was doing. He moved his hand closer to the dagger he always carried, just in case.
I am a ninja, zam.
Shadowmaster
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying