Mists of Arlis

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: Mists of Arlis

Postby Falka The Bat » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:47 pm

"What to do..." Danny mumbled as the mercs passed. "Is there anyone who owes me a favor..."

"Got it!" He blurted . "That Eric chap, he owes me a favor....or I owe him one...either way, I can't think of anyone else who isn't gonna turn me in."

Danny silenced his rambling. He began to slink through the alleyways toward the house of his...friend...in hopes of asylum and safety.
You remind me of the babe.....
Falka The Bat
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Gee-chan » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:54 am

Calon was uneasy in this tense quiet. He had never felt this before, even back when....no, this was not the time for reminiscence...

Either way, it was like something was out there. the monsters usually stayed away from the crystals and the 'clean' air they brought about them, that was part of the reason they left him alone, but now it was something else, something he didn't like.

The sound of a horse reminded him of his companions. As experienced as some of them were, they were still strangers here, and if even he felt as though he were in danger, they may well be walking into the jaws of a trap.

Making sure not to draw attention to himself, he slipped back out the mists towards the caravan, little more than a shadow in the gloom noticeable only by those who were looking, or had honed their instincts. This was his true form, the boy of the mists, the human who the animals saw as their own.

Beast....
I'm looking at the world through a Jaffa-cake filling.....

Let the loli's hit the floor.....

Things to do before you die: Number 57: Lunge wildly at The Pope!
Gee-chan
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby TKC » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:47 am

~~Moridin's Forge: Mines~~

As the three men argue in the mine the voice grows quiet once more, and the light from the crystal grows dimmer, eventually fading away, leaving Evra, Romeo, and Gorten in the dark with nothing but the sound of their own breathing and heartbeats. After a few moments the singing resumes from the crystal, but the light remains gone. The song this time is not sad. It feels... dangerous, like listening to a large beast snarl and growl as it slowly walks towards you.

~~Loriae: Rescue Caravan~~

As Calon approached the caravan from within the mists a couple of the guards glared at him, while the horse nearest to him pranced nervously for a few moments. Before the guards could say anything though, even the one who had been talking to Jace, Justin's voice came loudly from the back.

"Halt! Back guards to the rear, defend the wagons!" Shouted Michael in a voice that showed well his experience with how strong and well it carried, bringing the wagons to a quick halt. The guards in the back half of the wagon quickly moved to join up with Justin, their weapons out as the watched the shadowy figure, whom had stopped as well.

~~~~

Inside the wagon Andrew heard the commotion outside, and then he heard a soft voice in his mind, "Greeting lesser one..."

~~Loriae: Streets(And nearby buildings)~~

The merchant stopped reluctantly, but when he saw the blades Erik was offering his eyes lit up, "Yes, exactly like that! Look at that design, so elegant" taking the Katana in one hand he gave it a few swings, "And it's so well balanced as well! Even though it has the longer grip I can swing it easily with one hand!"

The woman looked with interest at the Wakizashi, but did not move to pick it up.

~~~~

Inside his hiding spot Danny heard the guards talking as they passed by, and went right into the Foggy Flagon. Not long after shouts could be heard at the start of a brawl coming from inside. With his persuers thus distracted it was easy for Danny to make his way via alleyways towards Eric's home, where he found the front door open, and Eric just inside with one arm in a sling, his other arm around a woman.

~~Moridin's Forge: Streets(And nearby buildings)~~

"Of course," The woman said without looking over her shoulder, "It's just in here."

She motioned towards a wooden door set into a building, it's front darkly stained by... something that had been splashed on it, from the looks of it multiple times, "Would you be a dear and open it for me? It's a bit sticky."

~~~~

"Ancient items? You mean items of the Ancients?" he motioned to a nearby shelf, "Down that way are all our books on the Ancients. Don't think we have anything that talks specifically about rods though."

~~Deep Water: Docks~~

Rina tilted her head up at Virgil, "How is a smaller spear more advanced, especially if it requires the fish to eat the bait. How do you decided which fish to catch then?" she gave a gasp and smiled up at him, "Oh! Is that how you will make it better?"
TKC
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Marky » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:05 pm

Noticing the reinforcements, Justin felt a bit of relief, but still kept at least one eye trained on the beast, sword at the ready, in case the beast would attack before the rest of the guards, arrived from the front.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Shadowmaster » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:10 pm

"Yeah, thanks." Ash says, walking over to the shelf and looking for any book that may give him a clue to the rod.
I am a ninja, zam.
Shadowmaster
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Postby Gee-chan » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:19 pm

Calon shifted his attention to the figure at the rear of the caravan. He did not like this. It was not something he recognized and he was as close to an expert as it came with identifying the denizens of this place. On top of that it had approached without him noticing it, yet a normal town dweller had seen noticed it. It stung his pride and plucked his nerves. With a hiss he dashed towards where Justin stood guard and drew his knife, now that it was out of the town and near the mists, it seemed to have an unusual gleam to it, as though it were somehow stronger near it's presence....

Regarding the beast he immediately noted it's height. This thing was tall, taller than anything he had seen out here, perhaps it came from some other region, but if so, what had drawn it here, or worse, driven it out.

Beast.....Kill.....
I'm looking at the world through a Jaffa-cake filling.....

Let the loli's hit the floor.....

Things to do before you die: Number 57: Lunge wildly at The Pope!
Gee-chan
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Nosnits » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:06 pm

"Hey, I find that offencive." Andrew says outloud to the voice in his head. "It would be better to say my skills lie in a different catagory.....wait" He looks arounf the caravan. "Where and who are you?"
Hey, you! No...not you....You! Go ---> HERE <--- to red the drabbles of stuff I've written, or ---> HERE <--- to see both my doodles AND writing. Double dip right there.

Knit the scarf. Ride the ogre.
Nosnits
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Evra » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:32 pm

evra stands there "uhmm maby you should get out of here" he says looking in the direction of the crystal
Evra
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Zoey » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:58 pm

With pickaxe is hand, Gorten turns on his helmet light. "This better make me rich..." says Gorten as he inspects the crystal once again. "I'm gonna get help from the other miners to move this thing..."
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby AshK » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:10 pm

TKC wrote:~~Moridin's Forge: Mines~~

As the three men argue in the mine the voice grows quiet once more, and the light from the crystal grows dimmer, eventually fading away, leaving Evra, Romeo, and Gorten in the dark with nothing but the sound of their own breathing and heartbeats. After a few moments the singing resumes from the crystal, but the light remains gone. The song this time is not sad. It feels... dangerous, like listening to a large beast snarl and growl as it slowly walks towards you.

~~Loriae: Streets(And nearby buildings)~~

The merchant stopped reluctantly, but when he saw the blades Erik was offering his eyes lit up, "Yes, exactly like that! Look at that design, so elegant" taking the Katana in one hand he gave it a few swings, "And it's so well balanced as well! Even though it has the longer grip I can swing it easily with one hand!"

The woman looked with interest at the Wakizashi, but did not move to pick it up.

"Do you wish to try the Wakizashi out miss? It's okay I don't have a problem with it." Erik says.
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby Evra » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:15 pm

evra sighs "you are one of the dumbest miners iv ever met" ( isnt this in like medival times if so how does your helmet gotta lightbulb? )
Evra
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Falka The Bat » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:37 pm

Some people will politely ask for entrance to a friends house. Danny, however, had learned a long time ago that if people he knew got a chance to realize he was there, they would throw him out. So, he walked right in.

"Eric, it's been far too-" he burst in, and immediately realized that he was with a girl.

"Sorry for interruptin', mate, but I was wondering if you could give me a hand with a little problem I'm dealin' with. We're pal's, en't we?"
You remind me of the babe.....
Falka The Bat
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Mystic Mina » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:57 pm

"Um.... Well...." Bishop considered bolting out of there, but the two had gone through quite a maze of alleyways. It would be difficult for him to get back to the shop, and there's no telling what this increasingly creepy woman would do to him if she caught him. "Sure, I guess. Just move aside."

He walked up to the door and gave it a quick shove, trying his best to keep his hands off the sticky material on the door as he did so.
Mystic Mina
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Jacqueline » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:29 am

With no specific orders for the front guards, Jace simply remains where he is. He keeps his sword at the ready and his eyes on their surroundings.
Check out the test to find out who you are!
Jacqueline
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Rodney » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:51 am

Evra wrote:evra sighs "you are one of the dumbest miners iv ever met" ( isnt this in like medival times if so how does your helmet gotta lightbulb? )
Romeo grew concerned that a fight might erupt. Making a stand for proper respect of the miner was one thing but there was to him no reasons for a violent confrontation : "Please gentlemen, let us all remain courteous to each others."

Moreover, the fact that darkness had crept into the mine didn't reassured him the least bit, if it wasn't for the prospect of the riches that could be extracted from the crystal, he would have run away a long time ago. The only glimps of light he got was the wet reflexion of the dark walls, as if he was in the bowel of the earth. That feeling of entrapment was most unpleasant to him.
Rodney
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying