Mists of Arlis

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: Mists of Arlis

Postby Shadowmaster » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:14 pm

Ash ignores the heat and itchingas he takes the three books to a table and begins to look through them for the rod in them.
I am a ninja, zam.
Shadowmaster
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Postby Falka The Bat » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:18 pm

Truth be told, Danny had no idea what he was going to say. On the way over, he remembered that he had owed Eric a favor, which had effectively spoiled his original plan. But then he noticed the cast around his friend's arm.

Instantly, a plan began to brew in his head. His reputation in this town was bad-the merchant was hardly the only person after his hide. However, he dared not brave the mists himself, and he could never save money long enough to get on a caravan. But now, an opportunity had presented itself.

"Well, I was just-wait, Eric, 'ow did that 'appen to your arm!?" He said with concern, hoping he sounded sincere.
You remind me of the babe.....
Falka The Bat
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Marky » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:32 pm

Standing there, sword at the ready, Justin, however, didn't move a muscle when Calon yelled. Maybe he didn't hear him, maybe he did. Justin was in a state of total concentration, glaring at the beast, waiting for it to make the first move, instead.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Alissa of Someday » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:40 am

/Virgil let himself smile--this invention might be the one! Usually he was told that his ideas were impractical right off the bat.
cocking his head though, he paused./

"...Clan shell? Is that... a mer-village?"
Alissa of Someday
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Zoey » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:38 pm

"I'm gonna need atleast 3 of you men to help me move a big stone!" shouts Gorten to the miners.
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Mystic Mina » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:40 pm

Dan took a deep breath to calm his nerves before he stepped into the room and made his way towards what he guessed was the box the woman wanted him to move. The stench in the room was nauseating.... What did that woman have in that thing, a dead body?
Mystic Mina
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Gee-chan » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:21 am

In less time than it took to blink, Calon was rushing forward. His speed was amazing; as fast as he eye could see, faster than the mind could comprehend, one action was already over before the others could tell he had made it, but to himself, it seemed like time had slowed down.

He couldn't feel what he was doing, his mind couldn't keep up with that but he could hear what was happening. His foot fell as the grass crumpled beneath it, no, his stride had already moved on. His hand felt like it had melded with his blade, such was his grip, his feel. The mists fled before the crystal he wore about his neck, damaged and pale, but still he pressed on, almost gaining on the retreating fog. How he knew he had reached the figure, his conscious mind did not know, bit his subconscious was telling him that he had. Before even slowing down, he thrust with his blade; a killing blow, aimed to pierce the throat and bleed the life out of the prey, yet even before he could tell whether it had hit he had moved it down, and in one fell motion, drew it back up in a tall sweep, honed and brutal, able to reveal the insides of a man before he even knew it had happened, but still, he could not yet tell whether he had hit, such was his speed.

To watch from the outside, it was a fearful spectacle, a wanton display against all that was sane, yet still, it was wondrous in it's savagery, its terrible grace. It was as though the boy no longer existed, instead there was a creature of such purity, such joy, such beauty, rivalled only by the intricate dancing of the very mists themselves, yet it was impossible the look at one without looking at the other. For he was one with them, they danced around them, and he danced in turn, endless and hypnotic and breathtaking without compare.

OOC: heh, got this image stuck in my head yesterday...but I don't know, something seems missing from how I was reciting it to myself as it came to me....oh well
I'm looking at the world through a Jaffa-cake filling.....

Let the loli's hit the floor.....

Things to do before you die: Number 57: Lunge wildly at The Pope!
Gee-chan
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AshK » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:43 pm

"Well do you wish to hold it? I don't care if you hold it." Erik says to the woman that is accompanying the merchant.
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby TKC » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:23 pm

OOC: Please try to limit intentional double posting. I don't mind accidents, or responding to other players, but the reason I go for days without posting here isn't because I forget about it, but because I'm trying to give everyone a chance to post, especially those that are in groups with other players. Thanks. :) /OOC

~~Loriae: Rescue Caravan~~

Jace peered into the mists, looking for anything suspicious in the mists as the guards around him did similar. As he focused he heard the sound again, this time clearer. It was like an assorted group of horns being played all at the same time, causing a rather chaotic sound. This time the horns were answered by the shrieks and howls of mist spawn ahead of the caravan, and all the guards around Jace instantly tensed

Michael heard it as well, shouting out to the group, "Bring the second wagon up, let's make a tight defense!"

~~~~

"You can," the voice started to say in Andrew's head, but then cut off. After a few moments the voice returned, this time with a noticeable touch of frustration, "You can start by telling your companions to not attack me if they wish to survive."

~~~~

Calon rushed forward and struck, the mists parting before him and leaving an opening for all to see. The shadowy figure was revealed, though this form made little sense. It's skin gleamed like metal, almost like it wore armor, but there were no edges for plates. Even stranger was its head, which appeared to have no face, just a section of the metal skin that reflected light a little more than the rest of its body.

As Calon stabbed upwards there was no soft resistance, like one would feel from stabbing into something, just a hard, jarring impact that caused a clang loud enough for even Justin to hear it. Continuing with his attack Calon dragged his blade against the creature's skin, but it didn't even cause a single scratch.

As Calon moved to continue the attack he suddenly felt an invisible force grip his body, holding him in place as the blank head tilted down to look at him. After a moment of silence Calon was flung backwards towards the wagons, tumbling to the ground at the feet of Justin and the other guards as the mists hid the strange creature once more.

~~Loriae: Streets(And nearby buildings)~~

The woman reached for the sword hesitantly, but before she could pick it up the merchant reached out and stopped her with a hand on her arm, "Do be careful Triana. Swords can be quite dangerous."

Triana gave a small nod, clenching her jaw, and waited for the man to let her go before picking up the sword. She made an act of looking over the details of it, but Erik noticed that she was also hefting it, getting a feel for its weight.

~~Moridin's Forge: Mines~~

Light slowly returned to the crystal, illuminating the small section of cave where Romeo and Evra stood. After Romeo finished talking the voice came again, a little confused, but hopeful, "I... Mi'drani... You... invite... out?"

~~~~

It only took a moment for Gorten to get three volunteers, and they eagerly questioned him, "A big stone? What'd ya find Gorten?"

"Is it valuable?"

"Shiny?"

Eager and willing the three followed Gorten.

~~Moridin's Forge: Streets(And nearby buildings)~~

As Ash looks through the books the feeling of itching and heat slowly begins to fade, though it continues to spread throughout his body. The books mostly contain vague descriptions of items and their uses, though there is the occasional picture. It isn't until he reaches near the end of the third book that he finds something resembling the rod.

Called the "Key of Heaven", the book describes a rod of glimmering gold that was said to be a key to the Ancient's home high in the sky, where some believe they left after the mists were released upon the world.

~~~~

As Bishop moved into the room his eyes slowly adjusted, and he could see the large box back against the far wall. As he moved towards it he heard the door behind him groan as it shut, making the room even darker, and the woman gave a dark and menacing laugh, "You men are all the same... Willing to do anything as long as you get to ogle me."

~~Deep Water: Docks~~

Rina frowned thoughtfully for a moment at Virgil's question, "It is not the same as your villages. In your villages you have many different... what is the word? Those who are related?"
TKC
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Rodney » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:36 pm

TKC wrote:~~Moridin's Forge: Mines~~
Light slowly returned to the crystal, illuminating the small section of cave where Romeo and Evra stood. After Romeo finished talking the voice came again, a little confused, but hopeful, "I... Mi'drani... You... invite... out?"

Romeo is confused by the strange question. "Well, I suppose so"
He still can't believe he is talking to a crystal, there must be someone around. Before he takes the time to think about it, he switches to his personnal auto-pilot : his salesman personnality " I invite you to visit my shop where I will offer you a selection of wonderfull items, miss Mi'drani. "
Last edited by Rodney on Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rodney
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Shadowmaster » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:43 pm

"Well, that's just great..." Ash says. "It didn't mention anything about itching or burning sensations." He then looks at the rod. "Key of Heaven? If this thing can do what the book says, then it's more valuable than I thought." He stands up from the table he's sitting at, puts the books back and leaves the library. "Maybe when I sell this thing, it'll take this itch with it." he mumbles to himself, walking down the street toward the shops. "Maybe someone here will be interested in it..." Surely there was a collector of rare artifacts somewhere in this city.
I am a ninja, zam.
Shadowmaster
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Postby Nosnits » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:46 pm

I’ll try…’ Andrew thinks to the voice in his head. He sticks his head out of the caravan. ‘I’ll assume you’re the ominous figure in the mists. Here goes nothing….’ He cups his hands to his mouth. “Hey!” He shouts out to everyone. “Do not, I repeat, do not attack that shadowy creature in the mists!
Hey, you! No...not you....You! Go ---> HERE <--- to red the drabbles of stuff I've written, or ---> HERE <--- to see both my doodles AND writing. Double dip right there.

Knit the scarf. Ride the ogre.
Nosnits
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Gee-chan » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:22 pm

Calon staggered to his feet, the wind knocked out of him but swiftly returning. His mind was an inferno, hatred, rage and humiliation swirled around inside the very core of his soul and his heart cried out for blood with such passion that it overrode the senses comprehending even the presence of his companions. never mind their words. His arm stung, his palm ached but he ignored them, instead altering his grip to hold the blade he bore in both hands. Quick slashes were not going to work here, this called for brute strength. If his knife was to be turned by the hide of this thing, then he would just punch a hole straight through it.

In a gale he was charging one more. A strange combination of a human run and an animal charge, one hand leaving his knife to be used for a single stroke of extra propulsion before automatically and instantly returning to it's place. But then he was in the air, throwing himself up, aimed to fall down upon his prey, the momentum reading with his attack to create a thrust of staggering force, and inhuman resolve.

Deep inside the boy's head, a terrible roar echoed forth from the darkest depths of his soul, and in his eyes the glint of a beast's glare slowly presented itself, peering into the world with malice great enough to shake the very foundations of man, and crumble him into madness.

Kill!!!!
I'm looking at the world through a Jaffa-cake filling.....

Let the loli's hit the floor.....

Things to do before you die: Number 57: Lunge wildly at The Pope!
Gee-chan
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Marky » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:44 pm

Gripping his sword tighter, Justin heard Andrew's call. However, he noticed Calon was already attacking the creature once again. Having been shaken out of the bit of terror he was in from seeing the creature, Justin steps forward a bit, yelling at Calon.

"Calon! Snap out of it! Quit attacking that thing!"
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Jacqueline » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:06 pm

Whatever she sound was, it was apparently agitating the mist spawn. Cautiously Jace took a step towards the edge of the crystal's protection. If he could just make out what was causing the sound...
Check out the test to find out who you are!
Jacqueline
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying