Mists of Arlis

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: Mists of Arlis

Postby Alissa of Someday » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:53 pm

Rina nodded and smiled at Virgil, "Yes, it is as I have heard then. The world of you legged ones is very different from ours."

Her eyes trailed to the fishing rod, and her smile grew a little wider, "Enough rippling though, may I see fishing?"

/He nods./

"I suppose it would be alright--and....Rippling? You mean...talking?"

/He reaches over, grabbing the rod as he talks, and begins to hook on bait, in the form of worms.../
Alissa of Someday
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Musashi » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:05 pm

TKC wrote:Eric gave a little sigh at Danny's suggestion, "You don't understand Danny, this was a big attack, bigger than anyone has seen. People are talking about whether or not caravans will even run anymore. It's probably just best for you to hide somewhere for a little while, this attack will probably get you forgotten quicker than normal."

Turning away from Danny he smiled a little sheepishly at Maewyn, "Ah... I don't really have cleaning supplies. Usually I'd just use an old shirt or something... And why don't I help you? I've still got one good arm, and I don't want you having to carry anything heavy or the like."

Maewyn ignored Danny for now, and waggled a finger at Erik. "I carry plenty of heavy things, thank you. I'm here to take care of you, and I say you need to rest up. Where are those old shirts, then? I can work with that."
Item 1: ShounenAi Badger Badge
2: God of Bishounenkind Badge
3: FtM Badge

"Yer so funny in a harmlessly psychotic way ;-p" - Coru-moose

"You're like a ninja ferret on crack." - Zack

Dubbed "Moon Master" by Kata
Musashi
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby TKC » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:31 am

~Moridin's Forge: Streets(And nearby buildings)~~

The old man behind the counter doesn't even seem to notice Ash as he continues to rotate the crystal in his hands and mutter, "Asnotis... Drodrin... Tralil... Undora..."

~~~~

The woman gave a dark chuckle as she started slowly moving towards Bishop, "Yes, now you're sorry. Now you say you want to change, but that's just because you're afraid. A tough man terrified of a sexy woman," she burst into a loud laugh that echoed faintly in the dark room as Bishop heard the soft sound of a blade being withdrawn from a sheath.

~~Loriae: Rescue Caravan~~

"Everyone to the front!" Michael bellowed as the first of the mist spawn crashed against the defenders of the wagon. Even with the mist spawn gasping for breath they pressed the suicidal attack. Some died from being out of the mists, thrashing for a moment on the ground and then falling still, others from Michael's arrows, but there were still almost a dozen creatures of various sizes that made it to the wagons.

Jace was able to catch the first one to approach him clean on the tip of his blade, killing it, but that then weighed his blade down, causing it to drop down as two smaller ones, little larger than children, jumped at him.

~~~~

Despite the chaotic sounds of battle coming from the front of the wagon the back of the wagon seems almost peaceful, like a whole different world. As Andrew writes Justin hears Michael's cry of, "Everyone to the front!" and sees Calon rise up, as if in response to Michael's words.

~~~~

Calon ran into the mists, and they quickly closed about him. Thankfully his face was kept free of them, but the rest of his body burned at the touch of the mists. There was something else there though, a strange feeling. It was almost as if he could feel the mists entering into his body through his skin.

After a few moments he emerged near the front of the wagons. Before him was a large swarm of mist spawn, separating him from the other people. They didn't seem to notice him however, simply swarming past him to try and attack the others.

~~Moridin's Forge: Mines~~

Mi'drani titled her head at Romeo's questions, "Mine? Clothes? My last memory... Dancing in a field of flowers... as far as I could see."

Her words made the miners freeze in shock. Even among them they knew that a field of flowers, much less one as far as you could see, was not something that had not been seen in the world since before the mists arrived.

~~Loriae: Streets(And nearby buildings)~~

"Huge swarm of them, more than I've ever seen in my years of guarding," Eric said as he lead Maewyn by the hand to the dresser and opened the top drawer, revealing various torn and dirty shirts.

With a sigh at Danny's last comment he turned to face his "friend", "Fine Danny... You can hide here for a few days, but you'll be helping Maewyn out, alright?"

~~~~

Erik is left alone for a little while after the merchant and Triana leave. Soon enough though a man shows up. He wears simple clothes, and walks with a small limp from a stiff left leg. He smiles at Erik as he comes up, "Ello there good sir. I was wondering if I could purchase one of your fine weapons?"

~~Deep Water: Docks~~

"Ah... What is the words?... Small talk?" Rina asks thoughtfully, though she is quickly distracted by the sight of the worms, "What are those wriggling things?"
TKC
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Jacqueline » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:37 pm

With a curse, Jace tries to free his blade. Dropping one hand to his belt he reaches for his dagger to fend off the two attackers if he has to.
Check out the test to find out who you are!
Jacqueline
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Marky » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:12 pm

Hearing this, Justin quickly ran to the front, to help Jace and the rest with the mist spawn.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Gee-chan » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:41 pm

Calon erupted into the flood of mist spawn like a tide himself. His knife was a blur, shining in the dim light filtering through the mists, staining the very air dark red as it tore and cut through flesh and bone. Blood covered his hand and clothes, smearing his face, entering his mouth and nose. His senses were flooded with the madness of combat, even though his prey did not seem to be actively fighting back. His dance was frantic and wild, cutting a swath through the ranks of all in his path. It was an amazing sight, breathtaking, hypnotic, horrifying. There was a sea of bodies gathering around the boy, yet the onslaught did not falter, just incorporated them into the path they trod, mere stones in the road while all around them, the mists lazily wandered, a cold and emotionless balancing contrast.

Calon's body was on fire, both from the mists and from exertion. With every drop of energy he forced out of himself, he seemed to replace with fuel from the mists. It seemed to saturate his very being, flooding him with ecstasy. It was like a drug which he drank through the motions of his knife, and he was already addicted. The more he drank of it, the more lost in it he got, he was not even using his knife half the time any more, simply ripping with his bare hands with more strength than he knew it had.

His hand felt lighter, although he was not in the mind for it to register.....
I'm looking at the world through a Jaffa-cake filling.....

Let the loli's hit the floor.....

Things to do before you die: Number 57: Lunge wildly at The Pope!
Gee-chan
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Rodney » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:08 pm

TKC wrote:Mi'drani titled her head at Romeo's questions, "Mine? Clothes? My last memory... Dancing in a field of flowers... as far as I could see."

" A field of flowers ? There hasn't been any since ages ago. ". Puzzled, he covers her with his coat, embarrassed at his own leering.
" Maybe you need some fresh air to get your memories all back together. "

" Sir Miners, could you lead us to the surface ? "
Rodney
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Mystic Mina » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:14 pm

Bishop gulped when he heard the familiar sound. This is it. It's all over. His job, his life, his dream, everything.... And it's all because he let himself be duped by a woman....

"Just.... Just make it quick, please...."
Mystic Mina
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby AshK » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:33 pm

TKC wrote:Erik is left alone for a little while after the merchant and Triana leave. Soon enough though a man shows up. He wears simple clothes, and walks with a small limp from a stiff left leg. He smiles at Erik as he comes up, "Ello there good sir. I was wondering if I could purchase one of your fine weapons?"

"Sure sir, what kind of Weapons are you interested in?" Erik asks.
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby Falka The Bat » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:50 pm

"Well, mate, I can 'ardly see a problem wid dat!" Danny said. It always did help to have friends who the watch never searched.
You remind me of the babe.....
Falka The Bat
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Evra » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:36 pm

evra walks qietly listening and thinking
Evra
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Shadowmaster » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:40 pm

"Hey, old man?" Ash asks. Is every elderly person I meet insane? he thinks to himself, walking closer to the man.
I am a ninja, zam.
Shadowmaster
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Postby Zoey » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:28 pm

"Not unless you tell us, what the heck that thing is!" shouts Gorten pointing at the woman. He looks amazed and angry at the sametime.
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Musashi » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:36 am

Maewyn didn't look incredibly thrilled with the idea, but she wasn't going to argue. Not her house, not her friend, so it would be rude to make a scene about it. But there was just something that irked her...

She grabbed a pile of the dirty shirts. "Well, if you want to help, start by getting a fire going, all right?"
Item 1: ShounenAi Badger Badge
2: God of Bishounenkind Badge
3: FtM Badge

"Yer so funny in a harmlessly psychotic way ;-p" - Coru-moose

"You're like a ninja ferret on crack." - Zack

Dubbed "Moon Master" by Kata
Musashi
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby TKC » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:23 am

~~Loriae: Rescue Caravan~~

Jace couldn't quite get his sword free of the creature, but he was able to block one of the smaller creatures with his dagger. The other one though ducked low and slashed at his leg, slicing through Jace's clothing and cutting into his skin.

Justin came up upon the chaos of the battle at the front of the wagons, and as he did a creature came charging up at him, long clawed arms flailing about as it shrieked angrily.

As Calon attacked the mist spawn he managed to kill several with his dagger. His attacks with his bare hands were mostly fruitless though, in fact causing him to receive several cuts to it as he flailed about himself madly. Suddenly his blood soaked dagger flew free of his hand, disappearing into the mists as the tide of mist spawn began to slow.

~~~~

Inside the wagon Andrew hears a shriek, and then from the skies above comes a flying mist spawn, diving straight for the scholar.

~~Moridin's Forge: Mines~~

Mi'drani blinks as Romeo puts his coat over her, apparently a bit confused by the gesture. She isn't as confused by Gorten's actions though, and her strange eyes narrow at the miner, "You are... rude. You were the one who struck... yes?"

Meanwhile Evra starts walking away from the group quietly, soon finding the path growing dark.

~~Moridin's Forge: Streets(And nearby buildings)~~

Bishop's words cause the woman to pause, and after a moment she rushes towards him. He sees the faint glint of the dagger as it moves towards him... and stops a short ways away.

"Beg for your life! Scream and cry and plead like all the others!" the woman screams in Bishop's face, apparently upset and a bit confused by Bishop's request.

~~~~

"Ah!" the old man gives a startled gasp as he almost drops the crystal, and there is a bright flash of light.

When Ash can see again the old man is blinking and looking at the crystal. After a few moments he sets it down on the table and looks at Ash, "What can I do for you?"

~~Loriae: Streets(And nearby buildings)~~

The man with the limp looks around the store a little bit, and then walks up to a pair of intricately decorate sais, "Could I perhaps purchase one of these?"

~~~~

Eric gave a nod to Danny, and then smiled at Maewyn, "Thanks Maewyn, I..." his voice trailed off as he wobbled unsteadily on his feet for a few moments, "Whoa...."
TKC
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying