[SRP]NoMoreHeroes–Issue10: Mannahatta

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: [SRP]No More Heroes–Issue8: New Beginnings

Postby ZeroForever » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:54 pm

Ickle Harri-chan - Katherine 'Kitty' Harrison AKA The Flying Fox – Catalina Essex
Maiden Miki - Michael Anderson AKA The Hub – Mimi Eoria
Danarth - Daniel Horatio Blaidd AKA 'Lykos' – Horo Gleason
Hmm MIA?? (Kaizer - Mark Habel AKA Grav – Ming Zhu)
Random stuff –
Dr. McCoy is listed in their cell phones if any of you bother to check.
I’ve worked out the villain/adventure of the next universe, if you want to jump to getting called on by Dr. Deus Ex, though 3 of you haven’t formally agreed so that still needs to be worked out.
Otherwise I’ll give a few more pages of revised universe new life banter.
Prob want 1-2 more new characters for new dimension there going to be sent to, so I guess open slots.
Horo’s magical weapons and such require her to do a magical girl transformation with her bracelet to unlock. Its part of the method Deus used to restrict their powers to avoid dimensional quakes when send them out.
Heavenly Hotty nodded to the fans as the police finally managed to stick the villain in the truck, as news vans could be seen arriving as well. Hotty patted Cat on the head “You don’t need another autograph” was all she said with another wink before shuttling her towards the approaching Horo smirking in a knowing way. No sooner though did several bright flashes of cameras started going off. At the notice of the paparazzi Heavenly Hotty sighed before bursting back into flames and flying off to the sky, much to the crowds dismay… which they took out on the paparazzi by throwing trash at them as it turned into a unruly mob.

After a few minutes a beep emanated from Mimi’s and Cat’s cell phones as they both got the same text messages.
‘lol, u guys off today or something?’
‘why in crowd? Bored?’
‘would invite over but place got blown up again’
‘Rena says it’ll be fixed in like 4 hrs if still free’
from one Jana Star who was obviously the superhero from earlier
the anti-thesis of myself... come see, feel, know the truth beyond truths it'll just cost your soul.....
Overlords+Magic+Tropes=TF TG and flying jigglypuffs... among other things
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Harri-chan » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:09 pm

Cat, deflated, had gone to sit on a bench outside the coffee shop, miserably watching the crowds of fans and paparazzi slowly dissipate from the scene. She seemed rather suprised by the beeping of the cell phone, and pulled it out from her bag before squinting at the message. Confusion spread over her face, and she glanced up at Mimi, and then back down at the phone, "We're friends with... her? With that attention seeking show off?", she huffed.

"And what is she talking about? Off from... what? School?", she pondered aloud, glancing down at her uniform again, her cheeks going a little red. "I don't even know what day it is... but I'm not sure I'd go around dressed like this at the weekend... so maybe we are supposed to be at school", she continued with a frown. With the phone in her hand from reading the message, she absent-mindely scrolled through it before spotting something that made her sit up straight! "Hey! McCoy's number is in here!", she said as she pressed the call button with her thumb!
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Zoey » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:51 pm

Mark walked up to the group and groaned. Great, more teenagers and stupid flooding over to someone the internet had made famous or something. "Heavenly Wha?" she mumbled before just shaking her head at the who situation and of course Cat had gotten herself in a troublesome situation. She had to admit she wanted to tie a leash around her neck and keep it short. Maybe becoming a kid has more than affected that girls head. Mark tried to push into the crowd, being very careful not to fall or push herself into a very... awkward situation. "Cat!... Hey Cat!" she exclaimed before hearing the girls voice and then heard it leave, leaving Mark even more annoyed. Thankfully the crowd started to dissipate at the strange super woman burst into flames and left.

Mark finally catched a glance at the girl. "Cat! What in the world is getting into you?! Don't run off on us and especially when we don't know all about whats going on!" she said trying to keep it to angry hush against the girl as she put a hand on her shoulder, looking very annoyed. "What part of sticking together to you not understand?!"
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Maiden Miki » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:54 pm

Mimi had tried her best to stay close to Cat the whole time. She wasn't sure what was going on but was able to stay close by as Cat was petted by the flaming superhero. She simply watched and took note of what was happening. It looked as if the superhero was familiar with Cat. Either Cat was a rapid fangirl of this hero or there was more then what was being suggested.

Her cell started to ring and Mimi began to pat herself down to see if she can find it. She eventually pulled it out from her bust, a strange and unusual place to keep it thought the Micheal side of her mind but knew that women tend to keep it there if they were lacking a purse. She just looked though the text messages trying to get an idea of what had happen. Mimi had completely forgotten to even consider the cellphone for information. Then again, she didn't even think she had one considering that she didn't have one in the previous dimension.

"It would look like it," said Mimi to Cat as she tried looking for past conversations with this Jana Star character. The name did ring familiar with her as she dug into the cell trying to get information. "It is only a random guess but is it possible that we are heroes in this dimension as well and that today is our day off?"

Mimi then went to her cell and quickly wrote a reply:

We would like to come but maybe later. We are off from what? School?

She then press send and hoped to get some bits of information. It was a simple technique to mine information when you have somebody who looked willing to give. Mimi then got closer to Cat and was listening as she called Dr McCoy. She then said, "Good idea calling her."
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Location: Luffy is punching me in the face, while Eneru is laughing about it

Postby Danarth » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:05 pm

Horo blinked for a moment as she caught the smirk from Heavenly Hotty. She had not a clue what that was about. She suspected that it might be something to do with a rivalry or perhaps the superhero simply didn't like Horo. Shielding her eyes for a moment as the woman burst into flames before shrugging her shoulders a moment before looking around for Cat who seemed to have disappeared again. Shaking her head a moment before looking around and spotting Cat sitting on a bench nearby along with the other members of their little out of place group. She caught up as she heard Cat grumbling about something to do with the woman who they had just met.

“Well, she seemed friendly enough with you, Cat.. though I get the feeling she may not like me all that much”

Sitting down on the end of the bench as she looked around listening to the rest of the little group, trying her hardest but ultimately failing to suppress a chuckle as Mark chided Cat for running off as if she were some ill-disciplined teenager. As she looked about, she watched Cat and Mimi utilizing their phones. . She looked on, rather fascinated by the two using them. Horo did have some memories from her own life of seeing such devices although she had never really used them before. There had not really been much of a call too. The former collar device she had worn had usually facilitated conversation and communication between her and her former own so the presence of such devices outside that setting was fascinating to her. Daniels memories of them were one of mostly indifference, he had used one but he had never particularly cared much for the fashion for having modern ones.

“I never know Super heroes had days off....Sounds like they are employed...” she mentioned idly as she looked as Cat as the girl announced she had found the number of this realities version of Doctor Mccoy they were searching for. Seemed like they might finally find something out. As she waited for Cat to make the phone call, Horo's attention drifted to the device the other Doctor had left on her wrist. She raised it up to the light a moment, tapping it a few times gently with her finger. Technology had never been her keenest interest and this device looked even more perplexing than the other devices she had seen.
Danarth
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby ZeroForever » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:16 pm

Kaizer - Mark Habel AKA Grav – Ming Zhu
(In general I’ll leave your interpersonal conversations to do amongst yourselves)

The crowd at this point while unruly was more or less disbursing though the police lest there be trouble were ordering people to leave the area so that construction crews could evaluate the damage. Most of the people did without question though there were a few unruly ones here and there like always. The press meanwhile had a few crews reporting and interviewing bystanders on what they had seen.
“Hello would you mind telling us what you saw” One of them asked as she began to prod Ming on what she had seen as she looked like a respectable business women given her clothes.

Ickle Harri-chan - Katherine 'Kitty' Harrison AKA The Flying Fox – Catalina Essex
Meanwhile on the phone *ring ring ring* the tile tone went on three times before eventually someone picked up the line.
“Hello?” a somewhat familiar voice responded from the other end, while not as sultry as she remembered it was still clearly an adult female.

Jana’s response was a barrage of texts
‘kk’
‘let me know then’
‘how would I know?’
‘blah’
‘=/ Sis is making me help with the cleanup’
Mimi would find on her phone all the typical apps for social networks like Mylife, which more or less had her social life listed from the friends list to scheduled events.
In her favorites app section she would also find stuff like a superhero time which listed all the newest trends for superhero clothing lines, gear, and even training routines.
She would also realize that it was clearly listed that she, horo, and cat were all students at Xanny’s Stepford Institute for the gifted and Ming was a TA/graduate student.

Playing with bracelet had no reaction other then it being incredible sturdy despite its light weight appearance almost as if it wasn’t earthly, which given its source it wasn’t. As she tapped at it in boredom a voice suddenly spoke into her mind.
“Greetings Horo, I know this is earlier than I anticipated but a causality spike has appeared in a nearby dimension” Dr. Deus Ex ‘said’ or most likely thought to her, given the lack of reaction from the others they obviously weren’t getting the transmission most likely since they didn’t have their own bracelet.
“While it’s still weak I would like to intercept it before it grows stronger.”
“Check with the others.”
the anti-thesis of myself... come see, feel, know the truth beyond truths it'll just cost your soul.....
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Maiden Miki » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:35 pm

Mimi didn't have to wait long for a response as she was hit with text message after text message from Jana. She could tell that this girl didn't understand how to use a single text message. Still, she was just happy to be getting information. Mimi then replied back.

'About what we are skipping. I am confused. Also, what clean up?'

Mimi then went back to take a deeper look at the items on the phone. She saw a few times that had interest her. She could see that in this life that Mimi was on a social network. What got her was that she was a student along with Cat and Horo. She also saw that Ming was a college student which explains why she was so much older then them.

Still, Mimi was feeling much more certain that she and the others were superheroes in this timeline. The Superhero Time app was making her feel certain. She tried to look there to see if she could figure out what kind of hero she was. She then went into MyLife and quickly search there for information about her and Cat's life.
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Cat glanced up at Mark and Horo, first blushing in embarrassment at the way the smart-dressed woman told her off as if she were a kid, and then her brow creased slightly, and she held a finger to her lips in a sign for them to quiet, looking every bit the spoiled girl that could demand such a thing.

When the voice answered on the other end of the phone, she swallowed a breath and cleared her throat, "Hi... Dr. McCoy? It's Cat... ", she began. "I'm kinda stuck in the city with... ", she paused a moment, and glanced up at the odd group, "... some of my friends. I was wondering if you were over too, you could give us a ride back to school?", she asked, her nervous tone quite the contrast to that earlier flash of spoiled brat.

"We're over by that coffee place I think you brought me too before. If you've seen the news, it was where... Heavenly Hotty... ", she cringed as she said the name, jealously clear in both her voice and her expression, "... just kicked the ass of those bad guys".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Danarth » Wed May 02, 2012 5:04 pm

Horo stared intently at the device on her wrist for a few moments, wondering at the strange device in her few moments of boredom. She had started to relax for a moment, letting the others of their little group sort out where to go and how to get there. Horo had never many problems with transportation before. She had never really had much choice in where to go in the past, always being told where to go and her larger wolf form could move quickly enough. She looked up for a moment and wondered where all this might go, especially with Dr.Dues Ex's request to help her.

A moment later, the voice of the Dr sounded inside her head. Her wolf-like ears which had been relaxed up until now suddenly twitched and perked up as a reaction to the presence of the voice. Looking around furtively for a moment before relaxing and looking upwards. She didn't know if the Doctor was actually up there, but it seemed the most appropriate place to look.

“I hear you, Doc.” she said as she looked towards the sky, she said this out loud so it might well look like she was speaking to herself for a few moments, not knowing whether or not that Dr.Dues would hear her. Looking down from the sky and back towards her companions and stood up, brushing down the front and backside of her long robe before turning on her heels towards them

“Seems like Dr.Dues has found something she needs us to help with, so I suppose you guys are going to have to make a decision about whether or not you'll help out with saving the Multi-verse or however she described it” she checked the sleeves of her robe for a moment before turning to the group again, she seemed to be grinning now. The idea of whatever adventure the Dr had in mind seemed to appeal to her.

“Who knows, we might even get new outfits or uniforms” she grinned a moment as she looked up at the sky then back towards the others “Hrmm....and I wonder if the Doctor will give us a team name, after all, what is a team of hero's without a team name....Like the Avengers, Forge Works..they certainly had some good names or perhaps we'll have to give ourselves a team name...” she tapped her cheek a moment as she seemed to be thinking, pondering on what might be a good team name.
Danarth
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby ZeroForever » Fri May 04, 2012 8:10 pm

Dr. McCoy seemed rather busy at least on the phone "Cat I'm in the middle of a experiment right now. Take the M train back and if your short on cash remember your Y badge has built in credit card though it will be deducted from you-AH!! crap crap buzz zap 'click' " before the call suddenly ended.

Mimi would find that the superhero social network was vast, while it kept some stuff off the register like real names or identities of heroes most popular ones seemed to have there own devoted fan pages and networks as well as guesses on who was who.
If the sheer number of favorites she had marked of the Generation Y and some screen shots of them in action it was clear that she was a member as was the rest of her little entourage... and her superhero uniform was.... yeah.... and that name seriously MetaMaid. Still it had a timeline and everything of her first appearance, known events she appeared at, and other stalkerish things that would make her shudder like a aftermarket for figurines, panties, and other weird things of her and a few other members.

(also respond to horo... )
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Harri-chan » Sat May 05, 2012 3:34 am

Cat winced at the sound of the buzzing and zapping before the call ended. She sighed and slipped the phone back into her back, and her blue eyes glanced up at Horo informed them all Dr. Deus Ex had a mission waiting for them. She chewed her bottom lip in thought, and nodded her head as she climbed up to her feet.

"Maybe we should go help her. Dr. McCoy can't come get us... although she did mention an M train that would get us back, and using a Y badge to pay for stuff. I don't know about you guys, but I'm fed up of wandering around aimlessly... I say we go help her, and next time ask us to drop us off at home or somewhere a bit more helpful than this".

Her cheeks went a little red at Horo's mention of new uniforms, "You wouldn't sound so excited if you'd got dressed as a little girl by her last time like I did. Seriously... was that meant to intimidate the bad guy?", he huffed, and then went even more red as she remembered that situation had ended with her wetting herself.

Stepping closer, she set her hand on top of Horo's hand, and then glanced at Ming and Mimi. "Ready?".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Maiden Miki » Sat May 05, 2012 7:47 pm

Mimi looked at all what she was able to gather from the social networking site. It would look as if she had spent some time here and wondering if this was all true. She knew that she had to take in all of this but it was a surprise nonetheless.

"I think...." said Mimi as she was pulled out of her thoughts. She looked at the other two and heard what Cat said. She consider it for a moment and after staring at Cat she said, "I think so....Still...I found a lot of information about us in this dimension. Still, if we are leaving this place then it could all be pointless to know."

Mimi then showed her the page that she believes is her own to the others.
Maiden Miki
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Zoey » Tue May 08, 2012 5:13 pm

Mark's eyes widened as Cat told them that they wouldn't get picked up. The prospect of more walking didn't seem to be very comforting. Not in this body or the idea of this rag tag team of weirdos just walking along the city, but then again the city had worse problems. Still they did finally have a direction to where they could go so that was a nice change of pace.

"Guys, come on. We have more important thing to worry about that uniforms and stuff that we haven't even seen or know fully about" said the woman as she put a hand over her face almost face palming. "If the Dr. is asking for our help, then let's respond. It's better than whatever we're doing here. How do we get there?".
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Danarth » Wed May 09, 2012 2:07 pm

Horo grinned a moment before reaching out with her free hand and ruffling Cat's hair for a moment before flashing another almost wild grin
“Oh now then, think about it in a positive manner there, Cat...When you beat a bad guy, you'll get extra bragging rights because the bad guy got beaten up by someone dressed like a kid” she winked once, an awkward attempt to try and make cheer Cat up.

Her attention was drawn towards the device on her wrist for a moment again before she heard Mimi mention that she had managed to find out information about who they were on this world. That did catch her interest, she was curious as to what her life was like in this world. It could have explained the reaction from that woman from before, Heavenly Hotty. There did seem to be some interesting mysteries to this new reality, ones that it seem might benefit them all to learn about.

“Well, I don't think it matters if we are leaving this place for now. Whatever it's condition this world is our home and reality now, so I think it might be a good idea to have some information about who we are and how we belong in this new world. So, I dunno, if you can download, screenshot or get whatever information you can before the Dr sends us of on whatever wild adventure she has in mind”

Grinning again as she looked up for a moment at the sky. It was not that she had any problem with this current world but neither did she yet feel a particularly great attachment to it. The idea of adventure, whatever crazy adventure that the Doctor had in mind was a thrilling idea. It was an interesting sort of freedom but freedom none the less and she would get to discover more of the new powers. Flexing her other hand for a moment before looking around at the group, since they seemed to be happy to go along with the Doctor's plans.

“No idea if you can hear me like this, Doc, but it seems we are as ready as we'll ever be”
Danarth
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby ZeroForever » Wed May 09, 2012 7:23 pm

[I honestly probably should have situated everyone from the start of the universe rebuild. Mainly to skip the ‘the what’s going’ scenario as it was already done the first time around and this was really just for character recreation rather than plot importance. Anyways onwards we go]
Kaizer - Mark Habel AKA Grav – Ming Zhu
(well technically this is still your new home dimension so assuming everything works out you’ll return to it when done.)
(as for the website, lots of specific details aren’t known but the speculation in most cases has partial truths to it.)

A flash of light similar to earlier engulfed the waiting group surrounding them, just as suddenly it disappeared and they found themselves once again standing in Dr. Dues citadel chamber.
“Welcome back, sorry I didn’t give you longer to situate yourselves but the situation in the neighboring reality seems to be larger than I thought.” Dr. Dues said as the thousands of view screens showed a world much like their own, the satellite view showed a geography very similar but not the same as their own.
“There have been similar energy spikes from this realities version of earth, while low key they have been increasing in frequency and in size, while their still a fair ways from cascading into a reality change I would prefer that it be stopped sooner than later. Most of them seem to be focused around one city”
Suddenly a video started up
Mannahatta also known as the City of Heroes and Villains, the corner stone city of this earth. An earth where both super heroes and villains had become commercialized. In terms of size it was easily the largest city in the world boosting a population of over 62 million the city also boosted the highest population in the world of heroes, villains, and meta-humans. There was ‘heroes’ of all levels in this city over fifty thousand in fact, from E rank commercial heroes like Captain McDonald to S rankers like Ultimate man. Heck even the police were commercialized renamed the Mannahatta Men Brigade in logo’ed uniforms. This didn’t just apply to the heroes though as the under city had gotten in the habit as every drug lord had a super villain name to ‘strike fear’ in the populace. Heck even colleges had gotten into it, offering hero classes and a hero as a career path it was the main stream.
Something was wrong however, while still low key and being blocked by the higher up’s in the Hero League, the organization that managed hero contracts. Several heroes and villains had gone missing, it wouldn’t have been anything new given heroes often got drafted into other worlds and villains often would go low key before reappearing with a global takeover attempt. There was something similar a calling card that appeared at the location worried them, after all they had no record of anyone in their database that left a detention notice.
However the main issue was that whoever it was; was indiscriminate with their targets and they were strong. After real villains would never bother kidnapping a E ranker, it just wasn’t done. A social taboo if you may as everyone knew they were really just mascots. On the other hand even an S ranker hero and villain had gone was missing, while not the strongest S rankers to be able to take out one meant that they were a security risk.
Suddenly the video flipped to over head views of girls in various states of undress and showing before being abruptly ended.
Dr. Dues turned back to them sighing “Well that’s all I could get from the watcher of that reality, though that reaffirms my belief that there all just peeping toms.”
“Anyways, I believe that whoever is behind the kidnappings is the source of the reality bending energy, you job is to capture them or put them down if capture isn’t possible. Questions?”
(do you have preferences for uniform/character design? If so let me know otherwise I’ll just put you in whatever.)
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying