Mists of Arlis

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: Mists of Arlis

Postby Nosnits » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:34 pm

Andrew does as he is told and gets into one of the wagons, makes a seat for himself and sits down.
Hey, you! No...not you....You! Go ---> HERE <--- to red the drabbles of stuff I've written, or ---> HERE <--- to see both my doodles AND writing. Double dip right there.

Knit the scarf. Ride the ogre.
Nosnits
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Jacqueline » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:37 pm

Jace heads for the head of the caravan and takes position at the front.
Check out the test to find out who you are!
Jacqueline
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Zoey » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:45 pm

Gorten is too amazed by the size of the crystal to notice the music is coming from it. "HOLY COW!!!" he shouts as he rushes over to the crystal. "This thing could be worth Millions! Look at it's shape, it's glow! The mother load! I knew these mines stored something big!..." Gorten continues to ramble on almost hugging the crystal from exitement.
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Shadowmaster » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:27 pm

"Really?" Ash says mockingly. "The ancient ones are coming back, and I'm going to doom us all? You're clearly a crazy old man, so I'm going to go ahead and take this from you. It's to valuable looking to be in the hands of some old coot..." Ash begins to pull harder on the rod, and makes sure that his knife is plainly in the old mans sight.
I am a ninja, zam.
Shadowmaster
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Postby Rodney » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:35 pm

Romeo eyes could almost display dollar signs. That gem was one of a kind. A long time ago, he had worked on an egg sized rubi and he still remembered how often his heart had squipped a beat when setting it into a large pendant for his rich customer.

But this...

This was unbelievable, a miracle of nature, moreover if the song coming from it was related to an enchantment. then, the shards produced from the cutting would probably sing the song too. He could envision himself selling little music boxes with a small piece of the crystal in it. He could already imagine the price he would be selling those boxes times the number of small pieces he could get. After getting the result of his mental calculation, Romeo burst :

' You're darn right sir ! It's the HOLY COW mother of all gems ! '
Rodney
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Marky » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:27 pm

Seeing Jace go up to the front, Justin decides to hang back at the back of the wagons.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Gee-chan » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:31 pm

Although he did not show it, Calon did in fact have a good deal of respect for Micheal, something which he did not like to admit, even to himself.
What he had said was indeed true, but he knew that there was a great difference between moving through the mists in a caravan for a few days at a time with food and water provisions in tow, and fending for yourself on the terms of the lands.

As the caravan set off, he followed around the middle of the line. Something was still bothering him though. He had seen how the forests worked and knew the 'laws' of it's denizens but never had he seen it like this. The other thing was this horn. There were many beasts out there who's cry could sound like such an instrument, but supposing it was a horn...who, or what could be blowing it to such an effect....

OOC: Cleared up a few mistakes, false assumptions and errors in this post.
I'm looking at the world through a Jaffa-cake filling.....

Let the loli's hit the floor.....

Things to do before you die: Number 57: Lunge wildly at The Pope!
Gee-chan
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Evra » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:21 pm

evra walks into the mines walking examining it going deeper and deeper
Evra
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Alissa of Someday » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:44 pm

/Virgil nods, glad to have shifted the conversation...well, anywhere./

"It is--Actually, I think I might improve it though..."
Alissa of Someday
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Mystic Mina » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:58 pm

Bishop's eyes widened when he saw the beautiful maiden walk in through the doorway. A woman? In the shop? Why, that hasn't happened in.... In forever! Oh, what to do, what to do!?

"Er, um, yes! I work here! Bishop Vermilion, at your service, miss!" The surprised boy gave the woman a quick bow. "Is there anything I can help you with? Weapons? Armor? Anything? I'm at your command!"
Mystic Mina
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby TKC » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:57 pm

~~Loriae: Rescue Caravan~~

With everyone in position the pair of wagons left the safety of Loriae, passing through the northern gates that lead to Moridin's Forge. Once outside protection of the town's pure crystal the mists closed in, leaving just a few feet between the wagons and the wall of heavy mist that obscured the landscape from sight. It wasn't long before the group started to see signs of the passage of the caravan this morning. Items scattered about the road, most trampled beyond recognition or use.

As the group made its way carefully along the road they began to hear noises that would make all those experienced with travel in the mists anxious. The snarls, howls, and other noises of mist spawn, and they were slowly growing louder.

~~Moridin's Forge: Mines~~

As Gorten approached the crystal he realized that not only was it glowing, but it was providing a gentle warmth as well. As the two men looked at the crystal they could almost see movement inside of it. Maybe it was just their images reflected back, but something about the movement didn't seem right.

~~~~

As Evra walks into the mines he finds them to be mostly empty, at least at this level. Further down he can hear the sounds of miners working and talking loudly to each other, and oddly enough, he could swear he heard the sound of a woman singing...

~~Moridin's Forge: Streets(And nearby buildings)~~

"Everyone says I'm crazy!" the old man yelled, spittle flying everywhere, "But they'll see! I've seen it! The six armed creature that guards their gate! It lives once more, and soon they will come and destroy us for taking what is theirs!" he seemed headless of the knife as he continued to yell, "But they can't come, oh no they can't, because I have the key!"

~~~~

"A pleasure to meet such a fine and proper man," the lady said with another dazzling smile for Bishop, "I was hoping I'd find someone like you," leaning forward she gave Bishop an eyeful of her ample chest as she said softly, "There's something that I need help with, and I need someone strong and dependable. Do you think you could help me Bishop?"

~~Deep Water: Docks~~

Rina looked up at the pole Virgil was holding and tilted her head slightly to the side, "How do you catch fish with it without a spear point though?"
TKC
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Jacqueline » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:05 pm

Jace drew his sword. He had no intention of being surprised.
Check out the test to find out who you are!
Jacqueline
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Marky » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:23 pm

In the back, Justin draws his sword, as well, keeping a very close eye on his surroundings.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Musashi » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:42 pm

TKC wrote:~~Loriae: Caravan Square~~

"Truly?" Eric said with a warm smile as he gave Maewyn's waist a gentle squeeze, "To be honest, there is no one I'd rather have helping me to recover..."

(Sorry for lateness. My brain has been shut down lately due to a bad cold. @_@)

Maewyn beamed at Eric, and started trying to lead him further into the village. "Come with me, then. I'll find a place for you to rest~" Despite the worry brought on by the attacks, she was walking on happy fluffy clouds <3
Item 1: ShounenAi Badger Badge
2: God of Bishounenkind Badge
3: FtM Badge

"Yer so funny in a harmlessly psychotic way ;-p" - Coru-moose

"You're like a ninja ferret on crack." - Zack

Dubbed "Moon Master" by Kata
Musashi
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Mystic Mina » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:22 pm

"Um.... I really shouldn't...." Bishop tore his eyes away from the woman's cleavage and glanced back towards the back of the shop. After a few moments of thought, he turns back. "But I guess it'll be ok if I step out for just a little bit. There aren't any customers out here anyway."
Mystic Mina
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying