Starfall

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Starfall

Postby Ookalf » Mon May 14, 2012 4:56 pm

Jello Shot Mischa wrote:"An unidentified object entered the atmosphere from orbit and landed here," the robot explains to Ookalf. "We believe a dangerous tranformative agent may be within. For your safety, you are advised to keep your distance."

Well, helping out in dangerous situations is kind of what I do... You sure you can't let me pass?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Mon May 14, 2012 5:39 pm

Jello Shot Mischa wrote:As Dact pushes past to approach the pod, he can hear the high-pitched whine of a charging energy weapon behind him!

Dact dosent turn around. "Fire that, and I'm turning you into scrap metal. I don't react well to threats."
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Anonymouse » Mon May 14, 2012 6:06 pm

The pod door, for reference, does seem to have an outward facing handle inset in it, though it is no doubt hot to the touch.
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Blaze » Mon May 14, 2012 6:45 pm

Jean beams and holds out her hands, which begin to glow with a golden light. Should the drone try to analyze it, it's sensors would find it is simply some kind of magic that massively accelerates healing.

"I can heal pretty much anything not dead~" she says, sounding rather proud.

Looking over at the approaching Caine, she think for a moment before recognition hits!

"Ah! You were at the Christmas party yes?"
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Mon May 14, 2012 7:09 pm

Ookalf wrote:Well, helping out in dangerous situations is kind of what I do... You sure you can't let me pass?

"Our assessment indicates that the pod may contain a dangerous transformative agent, with potential memetic capabilities. It may prove necessary to sterilize this site with high-energy bombardment. If you feel that you have sufficient protection against such threats and accept the potential risk, you may proceed," the robot explains.

Knight Errant wrote:Dact dosent turn around. "Fire that, and I'm turning you into scrap metal. I don't react well to threats."

"This is not a threat. It is tactical preparedness," the robot explains! How does it even know such big words? "Our assessment indicates that the pod may contain a dangerous transformative agent, with potential memetic capabilities. Exposure to said agent may result in a hazardous transformation of your mind and body. I am simply preparing should it be necessary to subdue you."

Anonymouse wrote:The pod door, for reference, does seem to have an outward facing handle inset in it, though it is no doubt hot to the touch.

(( Open the pod bay doors, Hal! ))

Blaze wrote:Jean beams and holds out her hands, which begin to glow with a golden light. Should the drone try to analyze it, it's sensors would find it is simply some kind of magic that massively accelerates healing.

"I can heal pretty much anything not dead~" she says, sounding rather proud.

Looking over at the approaching Caine, she think for a moment before recognition hits!

"Ah! You were at the Christmas party yes?"

Caine nods. "I am Special Adjutant Caine, of the CTC." She pats the dagger at her side. "I did want to express my appreciation for the gift." She turns, and glances at the pod. "I presume you are here to investigate this? We are concerned that it may be extremely dangerous."

She pauses, and turns back to Jean. "Do you know where it came from?"
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Mon May 14, 2012 7:12 pm

Dact pauses, then turns back and grins to the robot. "Much better! If I become some kind of rampaging monster I'll do my best to stand still for you to shoot me. Deal?"

He then turns back to the pod... reaching into his pack until he grabs a Cooling Potion... drinking it to boost his heat resistance! Then he... knocks on the door of the pod!
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Anonymouse » Mon May 14, 2012 7:15 pm

The knight knocks! It's pretty solid metal...though he is beginning to suspect that it may not be starmetal after all, and instead some kind of steel. The knock rings hollow, but beyond that he hears no particular response.
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Blaze » Mon May 14, 2012 7:17 pm

"Ah, well you're welcome! I'll pass your thanks on to Alex!"

Looking at the sphere, she just points heavenwards.

"It just fell down from the sky! I couldn't give you a heading or bearing unfortunately."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Mon May 14, 2012 7:29 pm

Blaze wrote:"Ah, well you're welcome! I'll pass your thanks on to Alex!"

Looking at the sphere, she just points heavenwards.

"It just fell down from the sky! I couldn't give you a heading or bearing unfortunately."

Caine nods. "We were able to track it from its point of origin." Her eyes narrow. "Are you familiar with the Beige Star?"
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Mon May 14, 2012 7:30 pm

Jello Shot Mischa wrote:"Our assessment indicates that the pod may contain a dangerous transformative agent, with potential memetic capabilities. It may prove necessary to sterilize this site with high-energy bombardment. If you feel that you have sufficient protection against such threats and accept the potential risk, you may proceed," the robot explains.

Well, I do have this... Henshin! *Ookalf climbs off his bike and strikes a pose as he summons his protective Rider Suit, then stands up straight to the robot can get a good look at him.* Good enough for you?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Mon May 14, 2012 7:32 pm

Ookalf wrote:Well, I do have this... Henshin! *Ookalf climbs off his bike and strikes a pose as he summons his protective Rider Suit, then stands up straight to the robot can get a good look at him.* Good enough for you?

The robot pauses, scanning Ookalf once again. "That suit should provide a certain measure of protection, although I am unable to quantify its defenses against color energies and mental effects. However... you may proceed." It motions towards the pod.
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Mon May 14, 2012 7:36 pm

Yeah, I dunno about those... Thanks, though! *Ookalf runs past the robot and jumps into the crater.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Blaze » Mon May 14, 2012 7:46 pm

Jean thinks for a moment, placing a finger to her chin before nodding.

"One of those orbital bases right? Shoots lasers at the planet!"

She looks at the pod and frowns.

"So you think this came from there? Some kind of attack?"
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Mon May 14, 2012 7:56 pm

Blaze wrote:Jean thinks for a moment, placing a finger to her chin before nodding.

"One of those orbital bases right? Shoots lasers at the planet!"

She looks at the pod and frowns.

"So you think this came from there? Some kind of attack?"

Caine nods. "It was a space station assembled by the Brotherhood, under the command of an individual named Amalia. We believe it was a significant component in a plan to dominate the world... however, she fell prey to some kind of memetic attack, possible borne from color energy. An expedition to the Beige Star revealed she is still somewhat active, in the form of a music-obsessed gynoid. We were unable to determine if she still had her ambitions of conquest, but..." She glances at the pod. "It's entirely possible she has completed a new plan to conquer Muffinville, and that this is the first step in it."
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Blaze » Mon May 14, 2012 7:59 pm

Jean frowns slightly and looks at the pod.

"I'm not so sure... if it was an attack, surely the pod would have opened by now with so many potential victims! Perhaps someone managed to escape with information! They could be stuck in there!"

She marches over to the pod, her whole body aglow to shield herself from the heat!
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse