Elliot's Empire

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Elliot's Empire

Postby Anonymouse » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:19 am

The girl hesitates...but before she can respond, they're out the door! Walking along, Elliot will find the business district of Muffinville is cleaner and more well-maintained then most of the city. Not a piece of debris in sight! The PBC building is about ten minutes away.

Brom nods dutifully. "...Just be careful, sir; Fortunes can change...quickly."
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:18 am

"You need to be more optimistic, Brom! How can this go wrong? I'm sure we're employing a lot of smart people to keep things running smoothly", he explained as they strolled through the business district. "The coin gave me fame and fortune, but now I'll make my own popularity with this TV station. Maybe I could host a prime time chat show...".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Anonymouse » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:48 pm

Brom rubbed her eyes. "Ah...it...could be, sir. Anyways--we're here."

She motions to the large rectangular building in front of them. It doesn't look all that different from the Rainbow Inc. building, but then, that's not saying all that much. The main lobby is fairly sparse, though there are framed posters on the wall of some of the more popular programs. A black-haired secretary looks up from her desk. "May I help you?"
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:57 pm

Elliot approached the desk and tipped his hat in greeting to the secretary. "Good afternoon. Yes, I think you probably can. I'd like a meeting with the owner of this station. Immediately", he said, the cheerful smile never leaving his lips as he spoke. "You probably already know who I am, right?".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Anonymouse » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:17 pm

The woman blinks.

"I--oh! Well...I mean. I'm not supposed to let anyone in without an appointment, but..."
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:51 pm

"Good girl", he said, utterly ignoring what the woman had said about needing an appointment. Reaching into the inside pocket of his jacket, he produced a monetary note, and slipped it across the desk to her with a wink.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Anonymouse » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:40 pm

The woman's eyebrows raise slightly.

"...Well. It's not that far off from my lunch break, actually."

She takes the note with slight trepidation.

"You must have come in when I was eating."
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:03 am

Elliot watched her take the note, and nodded with a smile, "Don't you worry, dear. You won't be getting into trouble for this. Quite the opposite". He turned slightly, glancing around the reception area, "Now... which way?".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Anonymouse » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:46 pm

The woman motions to an elevator door behind her.

"Top floor, first door to the right...l

She frowns.

"I should warn you though, Ms. Jones tends to be very busy..."
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:11 pm

"Sounds like Ms. Jones could do with a vacation", smiled Elliot as he pressed the button for the elevator, and then motioned for Brom to follow him inside as the doors opened. "I guess it's her lucky day", he added to the woman at the desk before pushing the button for the top floor. "See? Nothing to it", he grinned to pink-haired girl as they went up.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Anonymouse » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:32 pm

Brom sighs, fidgeting with her skirt as the elevator dings up slowly floor by floor.

"I'm..."

She purses her lips and shrugs.

"...of course, sir. I just have a bad feeling, is all." She. Left it at that, though it wasn't somuch Elliot's fantasies that worried her as it was this Mr. Anastasio. She just couldn't remember why. Once she had access to her computer again she'd have to check up on it.
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:08 am

Elliot leaned over, and condescendingly patted the girl on the head. "Don't worry about it, Brom. There's a reason I'm the boss and you're my assistant", he smiled, clearly not realising how insulting his words and actions could possibly be. "I know what I'm doing".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Anonymouse » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:21 pm

Brom gritted her teeth...but luckily the elevator doors take this moment to -ding!- open, revealing a neutral grey hall. The door nearby is labeled 'Ms. Madison Jones'.

"...ah, well it looks like we're here, sure. Time to show off your know-how."
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:49 am

"Hmm... we might need to think about redecorating the place. Can you make a note of that, Brom?", he asked as he stepped out of the elevator and into the hall. He didn't even pause in front of the door, and certainly didn't knock, but just reached out, twisted the handle and stepped into the room.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Anonymouse » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:23 pm

"Uhm. Noted, sir."

Brom pulls out a small pad, scritching something down...as the door is thrown open! The office seems to be simultaneously fastidiously organized and burgenoing with chaos. In the center there is a commanding desk with a tall, serious looking woman, her glasses shining in the mild light of the room. She is dressed in a uniform grey business suit and has dirty blonde hair.
She frowns, looking up from her work. "...who let you in here?" Her tone makes it clear that she isn't expecting an answer that will please her.
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse