Circe's Manor Raids Again

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Circe's Manor Raids Again

Postby xGoggles » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:44 pm

Ookalf wrote:...Holy crap. Why have I not been using this all game!? *The maid grins and keeps running through the level, slashing apart anything that gets in her way!*

The blade was pretty fun to use, shame she couldn't get it in earlier levels because of the pricing. Happily slashing away, she discovered one major downside of using a melee weapon.. What was she going to do about all those flying units that kept firing at her? She couldn't switch to a previous weapon and dodging their barrage the whole level long seemed unreasonable...

Ryan5011 wrote:Arisu gives Dan a nod, confirming that he had got that part right! Arisu extends her arm again, offering a handshake again. "I'm Arisu Cyr, and you would be?"

Dan returned the handshake and said, "Arisu-Cyr? That's a.. umm. special name. Oh, I'm Dan. Circe's apprentice..I think..." Then he gestures to Penny "And this is Penny, but I think you already heard that already."
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:11 pm

xGoggles wrote:The blade was pretty fun to use, shame she couldn't get it in earlier levels because of the pricing. Happily slashing away, she discovered one major downside of using a melee weapon.. What was she going to do about all those flying units that kept firing at her? She couldn't switch to a previous weapon and dodging their barrage the whole level long seemed unreasonable...

...Oh. That's the drawback... *The maid starts experimentally swinging her blade around, trying to see if she can do any kind of ranged attack, or maybe deflect bullets or something.*

xGoggles wrote:Dan returned the handshake and said, "Arisu-Cyr? That's a.. umm. special name. Oh, I'm Dan. Circe's apprentice..I think..." Then he gestures to Penny "And this is Penny, but I think you already heard that already."

*Penny nods.* That's me. Nice to meet ya.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:58 am

Ookalf wrote:...Oh. That's the drawback... *The maid starts experimentally swinging her blade around, trying to see if she can do any kind of ranged attack, or maybe deflect bullets or something.*

And indeed she could counter the bullets, as when the blade intercepted any of the shots it absorbed its energy and started to turn more yellowish. The more she blocked to more the glow of the blade intensified and brighten in color, all until it became very bright and white, giving a buzzing sound as if it was ready for something.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ryan5011 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:21 pm

"Cyr's my last name. And apprentice? You think? You mean you aren't sure?"
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:57 pm

"Well umm.. Ever since I got.. magical powers of my own.. Circe said she wasn't sure if she had anything left to teach me... So I'm unsure if I'm still her apprentice or not... Or if I'm still allowed to stay here... She didn't say I have to leave or anything, but I'm don't really know what my situation is right now...", Dan said looking down at the table.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:52 pm

xGoggles wrote:And indeed she could counter the bullets, as when the blade intercepted any of the shots it absorbed its energy and started to turn more yellowish. The more she blocked to more the glow of the blade intensified and brighten in color, all until it became very bright and white, giving a buzzing sound as if it was ready for something.

Yeah, here we go... *Once it seems fully charged the maid swings her blade at the nearest enemy, eager to see the results.*

xGoggles wrote:"Well umm.. Ever since I got.. magical powers of my own.. Circe said she wasn't sure if she had anything left to teach me... So I'm unsure if I'm still her apprentice or not... Or if I'm still allowed to stay here... She didn't say I have to leave or anything, but I'm don't really know what my situation is right now...", Dan said looking down at the table.

Y'know, that sounds like something you should probably figure out quickly...
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:24 pm

Claire: *audibly slurps down some spaghetti* You could always stick around and help out the old-fashioned way, if you like. I doubt Lady Circe would mind too much, and there's no lack of work to be done here.
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby xGoggles » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:56 am

Ookalf wrote:Yeah, here we go... *Once it seems fully charged the maid swings her blade at the nearest enemy, eager to see the results.*

And as the maid swings the sword in the direction of the nearest enemy.. the blade didn't seem to care how near or far it was.. A bright slash of white energy cuts through the sky, slicing anything in its path as it traveled through and beyond the map! Since this was a 2D game, all aerial units in the direction of the strike had nowhere to dodge and were instantly destroyed by the devastating attack!
Maybe it wasn't the most expensive weapon in the game, it sure was worth its price!!

Ookalf wrote:Y'know, that sounds like something you should probably figure out quickly...

Dan nods but gives a deep sigh and says, "True... But... I'm not sure I want to know that just..yet... I really like it here. I-I don't want to risk it..."

AmbushCat wrote:Claire: *audibly slurps down some spaghetti* You could always stick around and help out the old-fashioned way, if you like. I doubt Lady Circe would mind too much, and there's no lack of work to be done here.

He looks at Claire and blinks a few times after her suggestion. "W-wait... You mean... As..a-a.. m-maid??"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:29 am

Claire: It doesn't have to be as a maid, but it would be nice. Those that have joined us the past few years chose the outfits out of personal preference more than anything else, so if you don't want that, that's fine too. *continues eating, smiling* Mmm, awesome sauce.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ryan5011 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:51 pm

"I agree with her. Circe doesn't seem like the type to force things, at least from my short experiences around her. If you decided you really wanted to help out around the place, I don't think she'd force you to dress as a maid."
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:13 pm

xGoggles wrote:And as the maid swings the sword in the direction of the nearest enemy.. the blade didn't seem to care how near or far it was.. A bright slash of white energy cuts through the sky, slicing anything in its path as it traveled through and beyond the map! Since this was a 2D game, all aerial units in the direction of the strike had nowhere to dodge and were instantly destroyed by the devastating attack!
Maybe it wasn't the most expensive weapon in the game, it sure was worth its price!!

Oh, nice! This was totally worth it! *With this knowledge obtained the maid starts absorbing blasts whenever she can to unleash more blasts.*

Ryan5011 wrote:"I agree with her. Circe doesn't seem like the type to force things, at least from my short experiences around her. If you decided you really wanted to help out around the place, I don't think she'd force you to dress as a maid."

Yeah, you might be able to talk something out with her. But like I said, you should probably get that figured out before Miss Circe decides you're just a squatter...
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:59 am

Ookalf wrote:Oh, nice! This was totally worth it! *With this knowledge obtained the maid starts absorbing blasts whenever she can to unleash more blasts.*

Lucky for her, there were plenty of enemies still trying to shoot her down in the level, as she continued her path towards the boss's massive tower~

AmbushCat wrote:Claire: It doesn't have to be as a maid, but it would be nice. Those that have joined us the past few years chose the outfits out of personal preference more than anything else, so if you don't want that, that's fine too. *continues eating, smiling* Mmm, awesome sauce.
Ryan5011 wrote:"I agree with her. Circe doesn't seem like the type to force things, at least from my short experiences around her. If you decided you really wanted to help out around the place, I don't think she'd force you to dress as a maid."
Ookalf wrote:Yeah, you might be able to talk something out with her. But like I said, you should probably get that figured out before Miss Circe decides you're just a squatter...

Listening to the girls, Dan starts to think. "Uh.. umm... I don't want her to think I'm a squatter but... I suppose I could be a butler or something..even though I'm not really the most 'handy' type. On the other hand.. I could just magic-fix all my chores.. or well everyone chores for that matter. But Circe didn't sound very happy with the last time I suggested to wish all the maid's chores done...."
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:17 pm

Claire: *chuckles* Yes, don't do that. Being able to clean and work around the manor is one of those things that give my life purpose. Just ask anyone here who knows me: I wouldn't know what to do with time off.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:27 am

xGoggles wrote:Lucky for her, there were plenty of enemies still trying to shoot her down in the level, as she continued her path towards the boss's massive tower~

*By the time she reaches the tower the maid is pretty sure she has a solid feel for this absorption mechanic.* This just might finally do it... Hey, you hear me in there boss!? I'm coming for you!

AmbushCat wrote:Claire: *chuckles* Yes, don't do that. Being able to clean and work around the manor is one of those things that give my life purpose. Just ask anyone here who knows me: I wouldn't know what to do with time off.

Plus, this is kinda our jobs. If you're gonna do everything then what are we getting paid for?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:59 am

Ookalf wrote:*By the time she reaches the tower the maid is pretty sure she has a solid feel for this absorption mechanic.* This just might finally do it... Hey, you hear me in there boss!? I'm coming for you!

Though the maid still needs to reach the stage of the boss first, and now she had to do the challenging climb up the tower jumping those platforms that start to drop as soon she touches them similar to the Iron Bull stage, only difference now is that air-units and turrets attached to the tower were also shooting at her at the same time!

Ookalf wrote:
AmbushCat wrote:Claire: *chuckles* Yes, don't do that. Being able to clean and work around the manor is one of those things that give my life purpose. Just ask anyone here who knows me: I wouldn't know what to do with time off.

Plus, this is kinda our jobs. If you're gonna do everything then what are we getting paid for?

"Uhh, I guess so.. And if you enjoy doing chores... Thought it seems a bit pointless for me to do them if I can just wish them done...", Dan says with a sigh.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse