Circe's Manor Raids Again

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Circe's Manor Raids Again

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:34 pm

*Almost as soon as Dan finishes speaking, the theme from what sounds like "The Super Mario Bros. Super Show" can be faintly heard."

Claire: Excuse me a moment, sir. *turns to the side to answer her smartphone, cutting off the music* Claire speaking... ...Yes? ... ... *jaw drops open* But... I...! Why shouldn't I have to attend to my shift today? ... ...What do you mean, the billiard hall is as clean as it's ever been? ... *glares at nothing* Look, Miss Sabrina, you know how I get when I don't have any work to do. Break the lights over the tables and spill wine on the floor if you have to. ...Yes, I'll take the #^$*%!ß pay deduction, just do it! ...Thanks, I'll be there shortly.

*Claire hangs up her phone, then hurriedly takes the rest of her meal with her and leaves the room.*
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:51 pm

xGoggles wrote:Though the maid still needs to reach the stage of the boss first, and now she had to do the challenging climb up the tower jumping those platforms that start to drop as soon she touches them similar to the Iron Bull stage, only difference now is that air-units and turrets attached to the tower were also shooting at her at the same time!

*Tricky as the platforming might be, the maid can at least use her shield to absorb some of the shots coming at her. That should make things a bit easier, she figures, as she begins her climb.*

xGoggles wrote:"Uhh, I guess so.. And if you enjoy doing chores... Thought it seems a bit pointless for me to do them if I can just wish them done...", Dan says with a sigh.

I mean, I guess you could probably do yours that way, if you really want. But if you really wanna avoid doing chores that bad, you might wanna think about finding another line of work...

AmbushCat wrote:*Almost as soon as Dan finishes speaking, the theme from what sounds like "The Super Mario Bros. Super Show" can be faintly heard."

Claire: Excuse me a moment, sir. *turns to the side to answer her smartphone, cutting off the music* Claire speaking... ...Yes? ... ... *jaw drops open* But... I...! Why shouldn't I have to attend to my shift today? ... ...What do you mean, the billiard hall is as clean as it's ever been? ... *glares at nothing* Look, Miss Sabrina, you know how I get when I don't have any work to do. Break the lights over the tables and spill wine on the floor if you have to. ...Yes, I'll take the #^$*%!ß pay deduction, just do it! ...Thanks, I'll be there shortly.

*Claire hangs up her phone, then hurriedly takes the rest of her meal with her and leaves the room.*

Later, then...
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:59 am

Ookalf wrote:*Tricky as the platforming might be, the maid can at least use her shield to absorb some of the shots coming at her. That should make things a bit easier, she figures, as she begins her climb.*

It certainly helped a lot! Before she had to both jump and aim her blaster and try to shoot down everything shooting at her before the sea of bullets became too much, but now she just has the sweep in the right direction to absorb the energy bullets and shield herself while the blade charges up. She still had to focus on jumping though.. but now the other issue covered, this made it way easier!

Ookalf wrote:I mean, I guess you could probably do yours that way, if you really want. But if you really wanna avoid doing chores that bad, you might wanna think about finding another line of work...

Dan ponders out loud again "Hmm, but what other kinds of work is there in the manor? I have only seen maids here so far..."

AmbushCat wrote:*Almost as soon as Dan finishes speaking, the theme from what sounds like "The Super Mario Bros. Super Show" can be faintly heard."

He subly waves goodbye to Claire as she leaves.
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:45 pm

xGoggles wrote:It certainly helped a lot! Before she had to both jump and aim her blaster and try to shoot down everything shooting at her before the sea of bullets became too much, but now she just has the sweep in the right direction to absorb the energy bullets and shield herself while the blade charges up. She still had to focus on jumping though.. but now the other issue covered, this made it way easier!

*Like she thought! With the way her new weapon is simplifying things, the maid figures she'll be able to get through this in half the time!*

xGoggles wrote:Dan ponders out loud again "Hmm, but what other kinds of work is there in the manor? I have only seen maids here so far..."

Hmm... Well, what are you good at?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Ryan5011 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:54 am

Arisu headtilts as Claire leaves after finishing their phonecall. "...Is everyone here that crazy about cleaning, or is that just her that'd purposely cause a mess solely to work?"
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:57 am

Ookalf wrote:*Like she thought! With the way her new weapon is simplifying things, the maid figures she'll be able to get through this in half the time!*

Eventually, her blade got fully charged up from all the enemy barrage, but was she going to use it on the tower defenses now, or wait until she reached the top of the tower to attack the gate guard there?

Ookalf wrote:Hmm... Well, what are you good at?

"Umm, what I'm good at? As in without powers?" Dan kind of shrugged. He wasn't particularly talented in anything, or at least nothing came to mind at the moment.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:10 pm

Ryan5011 wrote:Arisu headtilts as Claire leaves after finishing their phonecall. "...Is everyone here that crazy about cleaning, or is that just her that'd purposely cause a mess solely to work?"

*Skye shrugs.* Eh, maybe a couple others...

xGoggles wrote:Eventually, her blade got fully charged up from all the enemy barrage, but was she going to use it on the tower defenses now, or wait until she reached the top of the tower to attack the gate guard there?

*The maid feels like she's been doing a good enough job of dodging and blocking so far, so she decides to just keep that up and save her charge for when she really needs it.*

xGoggles wrote:"Umm, what I'm good at? As in without powers?" Dan kind of shrugged. He wasn't particularly talented in anything, or at least nothing came to mind at the moment.

I mean, sure. There's gotta be something, right? Have you ever had any other jobs?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:34 am

Ookalf wrote:*The maid feels like she's been doing a good enough job of dodging and blocking so far, so she decides to just keep that up and save her charge for when she really needs it.*

And so the maid jumped her way up the tower, not returning any ranged attack and kept on focusing on her movement and blocking off enemy's fire. The blade once fully charged didn't seem to load any further beyond its current maximum capacity.
She reached the top of the climb, a big platform that led to a huge gate, guarded by a giant golem-like figure holding a sword and a shield. It started to charge and move in with great speed! As facing her back were still the air units shooting at her! Which side would she attack first? Would she even have enough time to attack one side and defend against the other?

Ookalf wrote:I mean, sure. There's gotta be something, right? Have you ever had any other jobs?

He slowly nods and says, "Yes.. but I wouldn't say I was necessarily very 'good' at them... Besides those, I also sometimes helped my granddad when he was working on some of his inventions. That was kinda fun. Are there any invent-y kinda stuff going in the manor?"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ryan5011 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:17 pm

Arisu gives Skye a nod, quickly returning her attention to Dan. "Inventy? In what way?" Arisu asked, the robot girl wondering if Dan would be able to help her with some repairs.
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:10 pm

xGoggles wrote:And so the maid jumped her way up the tower, not returning any ranged attack and kept on focusing on her movement and blocking off enemy's fire. The blade once fully charged didn't seem to load any further beyond its current maximum capacity.
She reached the top of the climb, a big platform that led to a huge gate, guarded by a giant golem-like figure holding a sword and a shield. It started to charge and move in with great speed! As facing her back were still the air units shooting at her! Which side would she attack first? Would she even have enough time to attack one side and defend against the other?

Here it comes... *As the golem approaches the maid attempts to jump behind it before launching her wave, hoping to slice through it and hit both it and the air units.*

xGoggles wrote:He slowly nods and says, "Yes.. but I wouldn't say I was necessarily very 'good' at them... Besides those, I also sometimes helped my granddad when he was working on some of his inventions. That was kinda fun. Are there any invent-y kinda stuff going in the manor?"

Yeah, actually. We've got some labs where Miss Circe and and some of the more magicy-slash-sciencey people work on things for her shop. You might be able to do something for them.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:59 am

Ookalf wrote:Here it comes... *As the golem approaches the maid attempts to jump behind it before launching her wave, hoping to slice through it and hit both it and the air units.*

And her strategy worked! lucky she invested in some gear to increase her jump as well. And again just like the last time, the strike of massive energy from the blade obliterated anything on that side of the map instantly as it waved through!
Now what was left was an open gate and a few more stages between the maid and the big boss.

Ryan5011 wrote:Arisu gives Skye a nod, quickly returning her attention to Dan. "Inventy? In what way?" Arisu asked, the robot girl wondering if Dan would be able to help her with some repairs.
Turning back to face Arisu. "Ummm well, kind of working with science but then trying to add magic into it to make something new? Uhh.. I think some people might call it alchemy. But yeah, my granddad could make some awesome stuff! I just, kinda.. was his assistant, I guess."
Ookalf wrote:Yeah, actually. We've got some labs where Miss Circe and and some of the more magicy-slash-sciencey people work on things for her shop. You might be able to do something for them.
Upon hearing Penny he responded, "Oh yeah, like that! Something like that would be great I think. But, umm, will Circe be okay with that? I mean, how do jobs get scheduled over here?"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:41 pm

xGoggles wrote:And her strategy worked! lucky she invested in some gear to increase her jump as well. And again just like the last time, the strike of massive energy from the blade obliterated anything on that side of the map instantly as it waved through!
Now what was left was an open gate and a few more stages between the maid and the big boss.

Nice! I wasn't sure that would work for a second there... *The maid breathes a sigh of relief before proceeding through the gate.*

xGoggles wrote:Upon hearing Penny he responded, "Oh yeah, like that! Something like that would be great I think. But, umm, will Circe be okay with that? I mean, how do jobs get scheduled over here?"

*Penny shrugs.* I dunno. That's not really my department... You'd have to ask Miss Circe or one of the lab geeks to know if they'd want you and when.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:59 am

Next for a more challenging part platform-wise; a lot of platforms rotating and moving around horizontally and vertically, and below a very deep fall, so proper timing was in the essence.

Dan nods. "Oh, okay.. But I should do that soon then?..."
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ryan5011 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:03 am

"Well, it's not like sitting around gets you any answers. Pretty sure I'll need to meet with them pretty soon, so if you don't want to go by yourself, we could see them together."
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:07 pm

xGoggles wrote:Next for a more challenging part platform-wise; a lot of platforms rotating and moving around horizontally and vertically, and below a very deep fall, so proper timing was in the essence.

OK, more jumps... At least there don't seem to be many enemies this time. *The maid starts making her way across the platforms, stopping to carefully time each one.*

xGoggles wrote:Dan nods. "Oh, okay.. But I should do that soon then?..."

Ryan5011 wrote:"Well, it's not like sitting around gets you any answers. Pretty sure I'll need to meet with them pretty soon, so if you don't want to go by yourself, we could see them together."

Yeah, sooner is probably better in this case. It's all up to you, though.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse