Elliot's Empire

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Elliot's Empire

Postby Harri-chan » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:27 pm

Elliot lifts a hand and wriggles his fingers in a wave as he walked into the office. "Hello, Madison. I'm the owner of Rainbow Inc, and I've come to buy your TV station", he announced proudly as he headed over to the desk. "Would you like me to find a place on the staff for you, or would you prefer a well earned break?".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Anonymouse » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:51 pm

Though neither the woman's expression nor her tone of voice show any signs of change, the room seems to grow a few degrees colder. Metaphorically speaking, of course.

"I am the head of one of the Pastryland's leading television studios--I do know who you are..."

She shakes her head, taking a moment to fill out another line of whatever form she'd been working on.

"...but please be assured, I plan to stay at this current position." There is a slight scowl, finally. "And it's 'Ms. Jones', please."
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:10 am

Elliot sat himself on the edge of her desk, his eyebrows arching for a moment before he smiled again and shook his head. "Now now, Madison, we don't have to be all formal about it. I'm not sure I can let you keep THIS particular position, but I can certainly find you something that's just as important. How would you like to front a cookery show?", he offered with a big grin.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Anonymouse » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:29 am

'Madison' 's scowl deepens slightly.

"Look. I'm not giving up my position, or my company. Do you understand?"

Her voice sparks with an edge of condescension. "Now please, get out of my office before I call security."
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:17 am

Elliot glanced back at Brom for a moment with a suprised expression. "Madison... is this a... uh... privately owned company, or do you have shareholders?", he asked, looking rather proud of himself.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Anonymouse » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:19 am

Brom pauses, and after a moment settles for giving Elliot a small golf-clap...though she's already edged halfway back out the door.

Ms. Jones frowns. "It's...a publicly traded company..."
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:55 am

"Brom", called Elliot without looking back at the pink-haired woman. "Can you phone up the appropriate people and have them buy up the shares in this place. Tell them I want this, no matter what the cost", he ordered. "I'm trying to be nice here, Madison. If you don't want an on screen presence, I'm sure you could... make the coffee or something".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Anonymouse » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:08 pm

"I'm not su--" Brom catches herself, and nods, ducking into thr hall after a minute, speaking in hushed tones on her cell.

Madison stares at Elliot, as if she could cause him to combust from a glare, standing from her desk.
"I--never! What do you think you're playing at?"
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:30 pm

"What do I think I'm playing at? Why... whatever I like", he smiled. "You should be a little more appreciative, Madison. I could have chosen another station to take over, and then blown you out of the water. As it is, you have a chance to share in my success. Today is an important day in Rainbow Inc's history. This TV station is the catalyst for increasing our wealth tenfold, I bet!".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Anonymouse » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:44 pm

The woman grits her teeth.

"It's a well-known fact that you only got what you have through an incredible dtring of luck. By all means, take over some other station and drive it into the ground--but I've worked too long to see you--"

She breaks off, as Brom pokes her head into the room.

"Ah. All done, sir."
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:04 pm

"Good work, Brom!", he said with a smile, glancing over at the pink-haired girl before turning back to Madison. "Okay, I'd like you to show me a show schedule, and some figures on ratings. That's a good girl", he said.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Anonymouse » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:46 pm

Madison gave him a blank look.

"I--This isn't happening..."

She hesitates, but after a moment tosdses him a TV guide. "Fine. Knock yourself out."
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:45 pm

Elliot picks up the guide and begin paging through it, but after a few seconds, he turns and holds it out to Brom. "I want our products on the air as much as possible. Commercials, product placement, news items about how great they are. Hey, did you get a call from... that guy? The one the receptionist mentioned... ".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Anonymouse » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:40 pm

The shows, for the record seem to be mainly educational programs, documentaries, news and a few peppered daramas.

Jones bites down, but takes a deep breath. "Look. Look. I'm the region's most successful TV executive. I took over the PBC when I was 22, and it's only improved since then. Leave me in charge of it and things will go well."

Brom meanwhile frowns. "I checked actually--he doesn't even seem to be in my phone.
Anonymouse
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:15 pm

Elliot brushed his fingers around his jawline as he studied the woman, "You were being rather rude only a few moments ago, Madison. Besides, I have countless operations that are run by people who know what they're doing. This is different. It's personal. Please... remove yourself from my chair, and bring me a coffee. Just a touch of milk, no sugar".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse