Circe's Manor Raids Again

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Circe's Manor Raids Again

Postby Abillioncats » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:02 am

Ookalf wrote:This might be a little awkward, then... See, Nozomi only speaks Japanese. She seems to understand us just fine, but actually having a conversation with her's tricky...

Robin looked confused. "How is that possible?" How could someone understand their language but not be able to speak it? That didn't make any sense to her.
Kitty Kennel (aka my roster of characters)
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:36 pm

Abillioncats wrote:Robin looked confused. "How is that possible?" How could someone understand their language but not be able to speak it? That didn't make any sense to her.

*Kelly shrugs.* Beats me. Magic I guess, or maybe some kind of ninja thing... Anyway, we're here. *She stops in front of a door with "Nozomi" written on it.* You think you can handle this?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:13 pm

*Amanda grins and gives Charis a thumbs-up.* I figured you'd like it! So, can I get anything else for you in here?

Charis: *calms down some* Well, some copies of this particular uniform would be nice. *gestures at her clothes* Almost everything I had went into paying off my debts, so I'm short on a lot of stuff.
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Abillioncats » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:14 pm

Ookalf wrote:*Kelly shrugs.* Beats me. Magic I guess, or maybe some kind of ninja thing... Anyway, we're here. *She stops in front of a door with "Nozomi" written on it.* You think you can handle this?

“Sure, I don’t see why not...” She knocks on the door. “Nozomi? I have a ninja mask for you...”
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:06 am

AmbushCat wrote:Charis: *calms down some* Well, some copies of this particular uniform would be nice. *gestures at her clothes* Almost everything I had went into paying off my debts, so I'm short on a lot of stuff.

More uniforms? Can do! *Amanda takes a quick note.* Anything else?

Abillioncats wrote:“Sure, I don’t see why not...” She knocks on the door. “Nozomi? I have a ninja mask for you...”

*The door opens, and a cute Japanese girl steps out! She looks at Robin and her basket, then says something in Japanese (translation provided for convenience).* Ah, my mask! They really did get that stain out quickly! *She takes cloth from the pile and wraps around the lower part of her face as a mask.* Yep, that's perfect. Thank you!
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Abillioncats » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:14 am

Ookalf wrote:*The door opens, and a cute Japanese girl steps out! She looks at Robin and her basket, then says something in Japanese (translation provided for convenience).* Ah, my mask! They really did get that stain out quickly! *She takes cloth from the pile and wraps around the lower part of her face as a mask.* Yep, that's perfect. Thank you!

Robin found herself blushing a bit, the girl was really cute... She couldn't understand what Nozomi was saying but from her tone of voice and how happy she looked, it seemed she was quite pleased. "Well uh...forgive me for assuming what you're saying but...you're welcome." She rubbed the back of her head, feeling a bit awkward...it was kind of hard to have a conversation like this. "I'm Robin...just in case you wanted to know...man I wish I could understand you..."
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:46 pm

Ookalf wrote:...She's in the phone, isn't she? *Leona sighs and shakes her head.* You can't let me be done with this can you? *Leona shoots a text back saying, 'Go home, Qtty! Leave me alone!' She then leaves the arcade and starts heading back to her room, where she'll hopefully be able to get some proper rest. She's really not in the mood to deal with anything else at the moment...*

The maid didn't receive any messages back from this unknown sender; likely they found themselves a new home to 'play' around in. Leona was finally free and able to catch up on some well-needed rest.

Ookalf wrote:See for yourself. *Penny shows Danaye Abby's message.* I think she's saying she's in a study on the first floor. She didn't say to leave her along or anything...

"I suppose we could check up on her while we think of something to do around here?", Dan suggests, ready to look for the stairs nearby to get them to the first floor.

Abillioncats wrote: "I'm Robin...just in case you wanted to know...man I wish I could understand you..."

Depending on if Dan was anywhere nearby, Robin might have gotten her wish granted by the genie's subconscious.
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:25 am

More uniforms? Can do! *Amanda takes a quick note.* Anything else?

Charis: Hmm... *thinks for a moment, then points out an empty corner of the room* I'm thinking... a mini-fridge, maybe? Water's the only beverage I can safely drink without getting sick, and I'd like to be able to have easy access to it without needing to raid the kitchen whenever I get thirsty.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:06 am

xGoggles wrote:"I suppose we could check up on her while we think of something to do around here?", Dan suggests, ready to look for the stairs nearby to get them to the first floor.

Works for me. Let's go. *Penny leads the way down to the first floor and to the study where Abby said she is.*

Abillioncats wrote:Robin found herself blushing a bit, the girl was really cute... She couldn't understand what Nozomi was saying but from her tone of voice and how happy she looked, it seemed she was quite pleased. "Well uh...forgive me for assuming what you're saying but...you're welcome." She rubbed the back of her head, feeling a bit awkward...it was kind of hard to have a conversation like this. "I'm Robin...just in case you wanted to know...man I wish I could understand you..."

xGoggles wrote:Depending on if Dan was anywhere nearby, Robin might have gotten her wish granted by the genie's subconscious.

*Around the time Robin says this, another maid and a girl in a genie outfit pass by her. Afterward she realizes that, even thought Nozomi hasn't stopped speaking Japanese, she can now understand her perfectly!* It's a pleasure to meet you, Robin. My name is Tsukikage Nozomi. *Nozomi places her hands at her side and bows.* Even if you can't understand me, I hope we can get along.

AmbushCat wrote:Charis: Hmm... *thinks for a moment, then points out an empty corner of the room* I'm thinking... a mini-fridge, maybe? Water's the only beverage I can safely drink without getting sick, and I'd like to be able to have easy access to it without needing to raid the kitchen whenever I get thirsty.

Uniforms and a mini-fridge with water, got it! *Amanda finishes her note taking and puts away her pad.* I can go ahead and arrange for all that now, if that's OK. Feel free to look around the manor more in the meantime! Or you can just stay here and chill. Totally up to you!
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Abillioncats » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:08 am

Ookalf wrote:
xGoggles wrote:Depending on if Dan was anywhere nearby, Robin might have gotten her wish granted by the genie's subconscious.

*Around the time Robin says this, another maid and a girl in a genie outfit pass by her. Afterward she realizes that, even thought Nozomi hasn't stopped speaking Japanese, she can now understand her perfectly!* It's a pleasure to meet you, Robin. My name is Tsukikage Nozomi. *Nozomi places her hands at her side and bows.* Even if you can't understand me, I hope we can get along.

"I hope we get along too..." Robin's eyes widen as she realises she can understand Nozomi. "Wait...I can understand you now! How am I able to understand you!?"
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:25 pm

Uniforms and a mini-fridge with water, got it! *Amanda finishes her note taking and puts away her pad.* I can go ahead and arrange for all that now, if that's OK. Feel free to look around the manor more in the meantime! Or you can just stay here and chill. Totally up to you!

Charis: I think I'll look around a bit and get a feel for this place. I'm assuming there's a room set aside for work schedules and such?
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby xGoggles » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:46 am

Ookalf wrote:Works for me. Let's go. *Penny leads the way down to the first floor and to the study where Abby said she is.*

Danaye blinks as her male disguise poofed away again while they were walking. "Really?.. What happened this time?..", she says a bit annoyed. Going by that likely a wish has been granted, she looks around for anything that might have changed.
Giving a shrug when not finding anything out of the ordinary, she continues to follow Penny to the study.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:48 am

Abillioncats wrote:"I hope we get along too..." Robin's eyes widen as she realises she can understand Nozomi. "Wait...I can understand you now! How am I able to understand you!?"

Oh? *Nozomi looks up from her bow.* So you couldn't understand me a moment ago, but can now? How mysterious... But it's not a bad thing, is it?

AmbushCat wrote:Charis: I think I'll look around a bit and get a feel for this place. I'm assuming there's a room set aside for work schedules and such?

Oh, sure! Let me just... Here. *Amanda hands Charis a map of the manor and points her to a certain room.* There's a meeting room where you can find out about stuff like that.

xGoggles wrote:Danaye blinks as her male disguise poofed away again while they were walking. "Really?.. What happened this time?..", she says a bit annoyed. Going by that likely a wish has been granted, she looks around for anything that might have changed.
Giving a shrug when not finding anything out of the ordinary, she continues to follow Penny to the study.

*And so the two of them reach Study #4, where Abby is presumably waiting for them!* Hello, anyone in here?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:22 am

Oh, sure! Let me just... Here. *Amanda hands Charis a map of the manor and points her to a certain room.* There's a meeting room where you can find out about stuff like that.

Charis: *looks over the map, nodding when she's done* This... this'll be fine. Thanks for helping me get situated, Amanda.

*And so the two of them reach Study #4, where Abby is presumably waiting for them!* Hello, anyone in here?

Anyone's not here. Abby's here, though.

*When they arrive, Abby's bunched up on top of a high-backed chair, staring out the window at nothing. She looks over when they arrive, sighs quietly, then jumps off.*

Just doing a bit of bird watching.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby xGoggles » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:12 am

Ookalf wrote:*And so the two of them reach Study #4, where Abby is presumably waiting for them!* Hello, anyone in here?
AmbushCat wrote:Anyone's not here. Abby's here, though.

*When they arrive, Abby's bunched up on top of a high-backed chair, staring out the window at nothing. She looks over when they arrive, sighs quietly, then jumps off.*

Just doing a bit of bird watching.

"Bird watching? Hm.. What kinda birds are around here?", Danaye asks while also looking outside to see if she could spot any birds.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse