Raleigh's Magic Shop

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Raleigh's Magic Shop

Postby AmbushCat » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:43 pm

*shrugs* I'd heard that she sleeps 18-hour days and hibernates during the winter. Maybe the naps make up some of that extra time, or something.
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Raleigh » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:39 pm

Hm... so she snuck out. That would get a young one in trouble. *Holds that its rather amusing she managed to do it while that young to himself.* So Circe was mad because she had snuck out or because she was at the fight?

Hello Mischa. What can we hook you up with? Wanting a Letty costume? Perhaps Lily White? I would offer Sakuya but I think there are at least two people who already have her pocket watch and all that. Or could I interest you in one of our latest items? Its a costume patterned after Gilgamesh.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AmbushCat » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:10 pm

Well, she was at first mad at Eunice. She believed that he had little faith in her abilities, pitting her against a child.

I was both proud and angry when I heard about what happened next: proud because Ellen remembered that lesson you gave on sharpening paper, and angry at... well... I'll just let this say it for me.

*A. C. opens her mouth, projecting a 3-D image of a baseball field into the air. Eunice, Circe, and Ellen are all visible.*

Ellen: ... *yawns mightily; wipes her eyes* ... I'd heard you were being tested, so I decided to tag along. ...Raleigh's been teaching me some things. *walks toward Circe leisurely, a card sliding into her hand* ...Can we get this over with? I'm already in trouble as it is.

*Circe looks over at Eunice.* Seriously? You're making me fight a kid? How little faith do you have in me!?

*Looking highly annoyed at this dismissal, Ellen wings one of the cards she was holding at the collar on Circe's dress, sheering it off in one go.*

... *Circe looks down. Seeing her discarded collar, she spends several moments staring between it, Eunice, and Ellen.* ...What the ****!? Where the **** did you get those ******* things!? Why!? That's... ****! Who ******* thought this was a good idea!? I don't... Why is everyone trying to kill my- *She goes on like this for a while...*

*Eunice nervously looks at something off-camera, then sighs in relief.*

*Ellen folds her arms and waits for Circe to finish her tirade, one eyebrow twitching.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Raleigh » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:00 pm

You know it occurs to me that Eunice isn't entirely blameless in this situation on one level. I do feel bad that there are some issues now between Circe and Ellen. I hope it'll be worked out though. Once her punishment is over perhaps I should allow Ellen to fight with me? That way she can go nuts with it and push it to the limits as chopping me to pieces really doesn't do any harm and I could cover some more advanced stuff while doing so.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:48 pm

*turns off the recording* Maybe. I already asked Eunice about that, and he told me that Ellen was rather adamant about being allowed to join. He decided that she had some sort of plan in mind and let her through.

Turns out he was right; she used most of her deck as a shield to block Circe's strikes, attacked in 'waves' (so to speak), and at one point actually got the upper hand for a moment via a sneak attack. She had to discard some of the cards just to stay on the offensive, though, and by the time she was in a position to do serious harm she was too tired to make what she had left so much as twitch. *shrugs* Circe didn't hurt her, thankfully; just a light smack to the face to declare victory, and that was it. After her anger at Eunice wore off, she was more worried that I was going to kill her if she did harm to my daughter.

As for taking her to fight you, sure. It's a much better way for her to practice.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Raleigh » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:08 pm

Good good. We need to cover the potential issues of fighting other paper masters and even more finer points of density control.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:30 pm

Got a question. Considering where paper comes from, have any masters of that art shown any sort of connection with plants and trees?
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Raleigh » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:24 am

Actually quite a few have yes. There are exceptions of course. Yomiko Readman, for instance, can only control paper due to the power coming from paper's returning mutual love of her more so than anything else. I can say safely that a few paper masters have also had the ability to at least work with wood if not plants in general.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Circe » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:55 am

*Sireen enters the shop and looks around.* Hello?
Circe

Postby Raleigh » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:56 am

Greetings Sireen. How can we help you today?
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Circe » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:08 am

Ah, right. You said you might be able to help me with my little bottle problem...?
Circe

Postby Raleigh » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:29 am

Aye that I did. Are you wanting it returned to being your old home or something else?
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Circe » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:39 am

As close to the same as possible.
Circe

Postby Raleigh » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:06 pm

Alright. Where do you want it set up at? I suppose I should have you show me so we can get you set up. Ambush, could you watch the store for me while I step out?
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:46 am

Raleigh wrote:Actually quite a few have yes. There are exceptions of course. Yomiko Readman, for instance, can only control paper due to the power coming from paper's returning mutual love of her more so than anything else. I can say safely that a few paper masters have also had the ability to at least work with wood if not plants in general.

Something I'll have to look into, then. Ellen seems to really enjoy working with plants for her age; she even helped us reseed our lawn prior to her grounding.

Raleigh wrote:Alright. Where do you want it set up at? I suppose I should have you show me so we can get you set up. Ambush, could you watch the store for me while I step out?

Sure. No prob.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse