Breaking and Re-entering

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Breaking and Re-entering

Postby xGoggles » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:59 am

"Hm, do you think she can still perceive us like this? I don't think donuts have or should have a sensory system...", Goggles says while inspecting the donut up close from different angles, trying to see any signs of it being aware or not.
Meanwhile, Fox will start to feel her mouth to suddenly become full with 'something' as mass was added and now resting on her tongue... Then some pressure between her teeth, almost like small hands start to take hold and try to push her mouth open?
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:24 am

"...Pwueh!" Any normal person's reaction to a mysterious thing in their mouth is to forcefully spit it out, so Fox does this almost as soon as something's there, though she is careful to aim down and slightly to one side so it won't go anywhere near Goggles.
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:02 am

And when Fox does, she'll find she spit out the small girl, though with regular undecorated donuts on her head. No explanation is given how she even got to be in her mouth.
Even though the distance to the ground would surely be dangerous for such a small body to fall, she small girl gets up basically unharmed; it appears she is quite sturdy for her small size. "Yay~! Free~", she cheers up and then starts to move back to the fridge.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:03 pm

"I...suppose that was actually some form of teleportation." Fox gives a bit of a disgusted look at having briefly had a living thing in her mouth. "Maybe I should just contact Lyra to get us some normal food and let her have the run of this kitchen."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:59 am

Goggles's eyes following the donut-girl as they rushed back towards the food without a care in the world. She moves to go grab the small girl again before she tries any more contaminated food, but meanwhile says to Fox, "Sure, I'm if you think that is the safest way to deal with this issue."
She then picks up the small girl, by both arms instead of around her waist, "Now for this other issue...", she gives the donut-girl a stern look, "Say, little girl can you tell us what you are?" Yet the donut-girl doesn't answer too busy trying to squirm lose again, "Ahh~! Lemmi go~ Lemmi go~!"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:34 pm

"My antecedent wasn't too clear. I meant to let that one go eat to her little heart's content and get food that won't do weird things to us from Lyra," says Fox. She briefly pats the sides of her sweater as if expecting to find a pocket there, before realizing. "Oh, yeah...hm.." Digging around in the purse, she produced what looks like some kind of smartphone and starts tapping on it.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:49 pm

"It doesn't seem responsible to let a.. questionable creature, have their way without knowing what they are or are capable of...", she says, reluctant to let the donut-girl go, even if she seemed so small and harmless.
The donut-girl eventually gives up struggling and goes limp, her head lowered and her body just dangling there as Goggles's holds her up. Then a light snoring could be heard coming from her. Goggle's raised an eyebrow and inspects the tiny girl up close. "Is she trying to convince us that she actually fell asleep.. in that position?", Goggles asks out loud, moving away from the fridge to lay down the donut-girl on the kitchen counter. She remains to skeptically look for any movement that could prove the small girl was just trying to trick them.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:17 pm

"Well, she'd be happy, and this food would just go to waste otherwise," Fox shrugs. At this point, Lyra appears (looking the same way as before) at one of the doors into the kitchen.
"Hi again! Food trou--uh..." She pauses to stare at Fox for a few seconds. "What happened to you? Oh, wait--what's that?" And she moves over closer to the kitchen counter to take a look at the tiny girl 'sleeping' on it, quietly using something resembling a Final Fantasy Scan spell.
"I found out I can use Crimson avatar powers to switch forms a bit. You like it?"

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:56 pm

Goggles keeps an eye on the donut-girl, frowning, making sure she doesn't try to run away. "Welcome back... And honestly no idea 'what' this girl is even supposed to be? Does this world have things like leprechauns or any other small fey creatures?"
Well, the scan certainly reveals the girl has little to do with fairy creatures. She was just small in nature and had a little bit of Brown in her. Now, what was fascinating though was her massive amount of health and mana.. it was outrageously large. While her psychical strength was dismissively small and her magical resistance was.. negative? A magical resistance like this would absorb and amplify magic more than repelling it.
The tiny donut-girl peeks open an eye check if anyone was looking, then quickly shuts it back closed, acting like she was still sleeping. "Z-zz.. ZZzz~"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:53 pm

"It's cute, yeah," Lyra answers Fox first. "Depending on what you mean by 'this' world, probably the answer's yes. This one doesn't look like any kind of fae to me, though. Maybe a magic eater?"
"She was eating enchanted food earlier, and seems to be able to detect their effects," Fox says.
"Hmm." Lyra tries casting a size-change spell that would normally make a person the tiny girl's size grow one inch in height in a uniform manner that preserves the normal proportions of the rest of the body in the process.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:03 pm

"Magic eater?", Goggles gives Lyra a puzzled look and then looks back to the donut-girl. "I'm not all too sure about that... Also, it wouldn't explain this.", she says holding up the donut with the yellow frosting and monkey drawings.
The spell Lyra cast on the girl has the expected result and the tiny girl grew. Though depending if she was still scanning and how detailed it was, Lyra would also be able to detect that even after the result occurred none of the transferred energy was lost and even grew, then concentrated in one of the donuts on the tiny girl's forehead as small decorations of mario-growth-mushrooms appeared on it.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:36 am

"There are many kinds of magic eaters," says Lyra. "Sometimes it looks like immunity, but not always. This seems more like a kind of transference property. My guess is that donut carries a set of enchantments based on what she ate before making it." The witch makes a quick magic-check of the donut in Goggles's hand to see if she's right.
Fox's stomach growls. She looks away as if trying to pretend it didn't.
"Oh yeah! Food," Lyra raises a hand and snaps her fingers, and a table appears in some unoccupied space of the kitchen floor, with a miniature buffet of bread, meat, cheese, and other various potential sandwich parts on it, and a few empty plates stacked at one end. "That's perfectly safe to eat, of course."

"Thank you. I haven't eaten since coming into existence..." The fox-girl goes to get a plate and start making a sandwich on it.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:23 pm

And indeed the donut that was magically created earlier had the 'grow monkey tail' enchantment and the 'Yellow' color in it; the magical energy contained in that donut was even higher than from the original sources it was taken from, making resisting the effects a lot harder to do than normal, if one would try to eat it of course.
Goggles comments, "Seems that one of her donuts changed again..." She gets momentarily distracted when Lyra creates the table with the food, giving it a quick glance, only to see the tiny girl taking that moment to try to escape as soon as her gaze returned back to donut-girl. Goggles doesn't hesitate to grab the tiny donut-girl and take her to be put on the food table. "Now, here is food you can eat, go ahead if you are that hungry...", the donut-girl looks at the tasteful food around her on the table and then looks disappointed back at the others, "But... This food, safe~?" Goggles takes a deep sigh, "Yes, this food is safe, that is the point... Now you can eat as much as you want from it I suppose..." In return, the tiny girl shakes her head, "Nu-huh~ Other food, still there. I wanna try~! Make sure, food is safe~!"
The logic the donut-girl maintained didn't agree with Goggles's, "But why even bother to risk it, when we can just use proper food from now on? Why would you want to try hazardous food? That doesn't make any sense..." But saying that made the tiny girl giggle and then stand tall and heroic, "So others, don't have to~ So everyone, can be safe~!" Goggles can't help but just facepalm at that.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:02 pm

Fox is busy making some food and eating, having more or less decided she isn't worried about the small girl one way or the other now that Lyra's here.

The witch, meanwhile, heads a bit closer to the table to speak with the small girl. She produces a chocolate bar, and waves it somewhat in her direction. "This has nanomachines in it. Will your powers work on something like that?"

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:30 am

The tiny girl takes interest in the chocolate bar and goes towards it. "I dunno~? Can I try~?", she ask, willing to jump at it, to get hold of it with her tiny hands.
Goggles gives a deep sigh, "Please don't encourage her into this...That habit of her seems to be pointless and likely to cause her more harm than good." This performance of illogical behavior was was annoying her way more than it should. How can she act like a responsible host of the house if others aren't able to grasp the dangers they might be dealing with? She looks at Fox that appears not to be all that worried, maybe she should take example to that and take a back seat and just obverse how things work out.
She goes next to Fox and watches her eat, then looks back at the food then back to her and asks, "So how do you know, with what food to start with?"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse