Breaking and Re-entering

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Breaking and Re-entering

Postby xGoggles » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:41 pm

Goggles leans herself against the wall for a moment feeling a bit weak and dazed, "Uff... what was that? Why am I feeling a slightly lightheaded?"

The former-armor figures that anyone that came with Fox is likely allowed at this point. She turns to the zipper-portal, weapon in hand but managed in such a way it shouldn't cause any harm, and enters the portal, the shadow follows suit. (Question though: is Raleigh still in her body or did he get out fully?)

(( Okays that's fine ^^
Also I feel a bit bad about Raleigh not having much of a chance to add anything if he wanted; his presence got somewhat ignored at this point. =/ ))
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:13 pm

Lyra watches the girl go through the portal, then waves to Fox cheerfully before stepping through it herself, leaving it to zip closed immediately afterward. They wind up in another pocket dimension...

The sword says: I'm not sure. I didn't use any of your personal energy...
"...It's because you're a lich," says Fox, just realizing it himself. "If it was using ambient energy then it might have misconstrued whatever magic of yours is maintaining the link between your body and soul across dimensions as generic surrounding magic."
Oh! the sword's mental-voice responds. Well, that's embarrassing. I became far too used to a single master and lost my habit of accounting for some things, it seems...sorry about that, I'll keep a closer eye on what energy I use from now on.

((I've been running on the assumption that Raleigh left the dream world/the girl's body and mind when everyone else did, pretty much. I do feel a little bad leaving Raleigh this far behind, but he hasn't been online in a while and sometimes it feels like a choice between leaving someone behind and letting the thread die because nobody responds to it for what feels like a long while. I've been on the 'offline long enough that people zoomed ahead of me' side myself sometimes. I am trying to wait on Raleigh in some other threads like Magic School Dorms, though.))
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:13 pm

"That's fine, try to re-calibrate what energy is viable to tap into... Speaking which, I still have no knowledge myself on what energy source I'm running on. There were mentions of this body maybe needing food or not; even though I'm not sure if this particular body even has a working digestion system", she gives her undead belly a few pokes as a gesture to that. "But if tampering with the surrounding energies makes me feel drained, I can conclude that I'm running a type of ambient energy as well?"

Feeling slightly better now than a few moments ago, "So Fox, is something the matter; it looked like you wanted to tell me something earlier?"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:24 am

"Ah, right. I wanted to apologize about this whole 'Heir' business. I had already figured out what I'd probably set up here, and meant to bring it up after we got the security system turned off and there wasn't any more danger, but Lyra brought it up early." He shrugs. "You're not obliged to own this place or the things here if you don't want to, even the sword. I can't take it of course, but if you wish to find someone you feel is worthy of it that's fine. The owner can reconfigure the security system, too, so if you wanted to give away the house or anything in it you could. But...since you were recently created you don't really have anywhere else to stay, so you could at least use this place for that if you wanted to. And, I'm in the same boat, so insofar as you are considered the owner right now I'd appreciate being allowed to stay here at least for a while.

"Also, whenever Raleigh reappears one or both of us owe him an artifact or something for helping him in. He won't like it if he doesn't get paid."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:50 pm

Goggles just stares at him for a while, a rather neutral expression on her face, "Well I have given it some thought. And as true as I like to admit, I'm not 'made' for this. However, I understand the importance of this Heir to be responsible, and given my created personality, I think I'm sufficient enough for the task." She stretches the blade to the side into the air, giving it a few strokes, "And just like how a swordsman would use their sword as an extension of themselves; I feel like I could use new ownership as an extension of my usefulness; an upgrade perhaps, as I'd like to call it."

Resting the blade on the floor slightly, "Given that perspective, I'll take on the role of being the Heir, so long I'm adequate for it. However, I might have to learn all the assets it entails to be one properly"
Giving a welcoming smile, "And of course you are allowed to stay, it was your house after all, and you know how the things work around here. So long you aren't a negative influence on here, there is no reason for you to leave."

"True... But it would also be nice if he helped clean up the mess that he mostly created." She says, looking towards the last room they passed, full of wreckage and broken armor pieces.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:04 am

"Well, I'm glad you're not too broken up about it," says Fox, smiling very slightly. "We practically asked Raleigh to destroy those armors; anyway they're not really the valuable ones. Now let's see...I suppose I could try to give you some kind of tour of the place. The control room can rearrange the location of rooms in this house, and it seems like I did that at least once since the last time I can remember, so I'd be rediscovering the layout myself in the process."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:55 pm

"Yes, a tour around the house would be nice" she nods at the suggestion. "But coming to my previous yet unanswered question... I wish someone could tell me, on what kind of energy I'm running on in this body.", Goggles speaks up still holding the sword.

((Referencing to this, as it was kinda skipped over it seems >,<))
xGoggles wrote:"That's fine, try to re-calibrate what energy is viable to tap into... Speaking which, I still have no knowledge myself on what energy source I'm running on. There were mentions of this body maybe needing food or not; even though I'm not sure if this particular body even has a working digestion system", she gives her undead belly a few pokes as a gesture to that. "But if tampering with the surrounding energies makes me feel drained, I can conclude that I'm running a type of ambient energy as well?"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:42 am

"Oh, sorry about that. There's some devices around here somewhere I could probably use to scan you and figure it out, but..."

Let's see.. Goggles will feel a very slight tingling as the wishing stone does some kind of passive, deep scan. Interesting. You're running on magical energy, and the tie to your soul is entirely magical in nature, but it seems like you've got some powerful magic workings around your stomach area capable of metabolizing food into that magic in a way that looks like the effects of a live body eating. Or...actually, I don't think it has to be food strictly speaking. You could drink jet fuel and it would probably taste horrible, but it would give you a lot of quick energy.

"...The sword can probably figure it out much faster than I can right now."

((Blaarh, I meant to address that myself. We'll play it off as "Fox forgot or something" I guess.))

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:22 pm

"Taste, huh... That sense creatures have to instinctively determine what they consume is eatable or not, right?" Goggles smacks her tongue in her mouth, "But if almost anything is eatable to this body, then anything should taste fine then?"
Giving it some more thought, "Actually never mind, this body is based on my owner's by yellow altered body. So I guess I have his--... erm her, taste sense then?"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:20 pm

"It is strange," Fox agrees, "without specific modification to combat it, human-based bodies have a strong tendency to have human-adapted taste even when they overcome the limitations on what they're actually capable of eating. Based on what the process of our creation was like, though, you might have been 'made' with a unique sense of taste of your own. If there's any food still here and good, or..well, maybe Lyra has some, you should take the opportunity to enjoy the sense of taste. A lot of former-objects find good flavors at least to be a high point of being organic."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:46 pm

She thinks for a bit, "I don't think many food substances have a expire rate less than two-thirds of a century, so I doubt any of it will still be considered 'good', for humans that is. I should give most options a try, however, to see what taste and energy they provide. The ones that give the most energy with the best taste will obviously be my main source of food from then on."
Recalling some lecture on fruit colors energies, "I'll pass on any fruit though, rather not get involved with any of that."
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:56 pm

"It sounds like a good strategy, but the sense of taste is a little fickle. Eating the same thing just gets dull after a while." Fox starts his way out of the crystal room into whatever room is opposite the one the armors were in, curious what room was actually next on the 'testing possible Heirs' track.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:31 pm

"Food can become dull? And here I thought humans were just irrational and had no sense for efficiency with all their weird diets and all.", her neutral expression doesn't really change, but the idea of changing her food patterns every so often just seems like an annoying and unnecessary task.

Goggles gives a slight look to Fox, then to the sword, "Do I need to command the next doors to unlock?"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:48 pm

"Nah, security system's off. Out of all humans you've seen, how many do you think would find it reasonable to have to give an individual command to open every single door in a gigantic house that's theirs?" says Fox, casually strolling through the door with no trouble. "Don't get the wrong impression, though. People in general have a hard time doing things rationally or efficiently." This room is...a big kitchen. Nice, white-tiled floors, some partially-magical cooking appliances which only look a bit dusty from the passage of time, big pantries and two huge doors clearly labeled "Refrigerator" and "Freezer". "These slow time to something like a ten thousandth of regular speed when nobody's inside and it's closed," he says, waving at the doors. He opens the "Refrigerator" door to reveal a walk-in fridge which seems reasonably fully stocked with things like bread, cheese, meat, sodas, normal, non-color fruits and veggies, anything a person could want a fridge to have, and all seemingly perfectly fresh.

But Fox stares at the supplies for a few seconds in silence before just closing the door again. "Ooh, I get it. We can't eat anything in here. Or, well, we shouldn't. Even without the security on, this is a trap."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:08 am

"Not many... though where I'm from people still usually just use regular keys and don't have flying swords or fighting armors protecting their house; or hire fleshy made individuals or powerful entities to break back into their house~", the tone she says this almost sounds like it was a joke, if only~
Goggles gives a curious look at the walk-in refrigerator, talking about unusual, this was very practical for sure, but not something she'd expect someone to have.
"Why is a trap still active, when the security system is down?", she starts to frown, did Fox never had guests before, what if someone thought it was okay to grab a snack? "Are there any more of these 'traps' I have to be aware of in.. my house?", well, that made her shudder a bit, even if it was true, calling things her property.. just a weird feeling.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse