Breaking and Re-entering

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Breaking and Re-entering

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:41 pm

"Of course I wouldn't have set up the kitchen as a trap under normal circumstances, but I mean, I was preparing to erase myself from existence at the time," says Fox, looking maybe a little embarrassed. "But just going off of what I would do...the only reason I would put a stocked kitchen in the middle of the 'testing track' for a new heir is as a trap. The floor would be red here but nothing else would be after a person who's entered this room from the security system, and they'd have just drawn the sword so it would seem like maybe they already won. Therefore, it might seem okay to take a break here and eat a snack. And anyone who's made it this far would be likely to know about color energies and fruits, so I would lace every food in here, or at least the majority of it, with some other kind of transformative, like enchanted foods from other realms, spells cast on the food, nanomachines...I mean, the transformations might not really harm whoever decided to eat something here, but they would likely make the remaining parts of the track more difficult to get through.

" ..I might not have done that, but I don't personally have a way to check besides someone trying some food anyway, and that seems unwise. There should be more than enough money and/or treasure in the post-testing-track portion of the house to buy normal food and just throw all this stuff out, but I guess if you wanted you could also have the sword check if there's anything in here that's not going to have side effects if someone eats it."
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:35 pm

Goggles still giving a stern look to Fox, "I see... But, the sword would check the wielder's mind and so if they were able to take the sword without any negative effects, wouldn't that already make them worthy of ownership of anything else here? What are you still hiding here that needs to be protected even from the people approved by the sword?"
She looks back to the fridge, "Seems like a waste to have so much fresh food, not for use. Wishing Stone, do you think you could figure out which, if any, food is contaminated? And if there is any, do you have enough power to purify the food?" This brought back another question that had been laying on Goggle's mind for a while, so she asks to the both of them, "Is there a convenient way to charge up the sword, so it doesn't have to only rely on ambient energy or an oversized mana crystal?"
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:59 pm

Fox sighs. "It sounds foolish to me now, seeing how I've lost most of the power I had myself, but I believe I intended to get an Heir who was not just 'pure of heart' so to speak, but also powerful or at least decently clever in their own right before getting here. I must have intended it as a contingency in case Lyra didn't stay when I disappeared, or failed somehow, which is even more foolish." His ears fold down in real shame. "I should have just trusted her...I knew she was more than capable even at my last available memories, before I started making these plans."

I can detect anything magical without cost, but if there's something like nanomachines I have to do something like a magic version of sonar to see those...inexpensive usually, but higher detail has higher cost, and the more detail, the more safety. If I may make a suggestion, an enchanted piece of food probably won't also have technological transformatives, so disenchanting one of those may actually be the sweet spot of cheap and likely to be safe. Or you could summon a rat and feed it things, it adds with a mental shrug.

He perks up slightly after a moment, given an opportunity to explain something. "The stone can't store energy, only convert and use it. But it can convert between a lot of different kinds of energy. I set it up where it would grant my wishes based on masculinity, odd as that sounds, which I had a near-unlimited supply of because of my heritage--which isn't the case now, I think. I eventually changed over to Crimson color energy once it started existing in me in even greater quantities since that didn't require me to stick to my base f...oh, hey." He raises a finger, smiling slightly. "I'm the avatar of Crimson still, so I have an unlimited supply. With my permission--which I grant--you can just use that while I'm close enough by. We can figure out an alternative that doesn't need my help later."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:56 am

((I do apologize for my delay. I've been very distracted. I'll catch up on everything that has happened in a moment.))
(To Lyra from earlier) Of course not. I don't need a wish granting device anyway or another dimensional home. Why did you wake her up? I have an item I was going to use to catch the dream threat which was why I became active here.
(Observing the issues with the curse) Uhm... perhaps I should have spoke up but I do have a curse breaker tool that we could have used I do believe.

*Snaps his fingers and the busted armor and any other damage he had created is fixed.* Repair spells were already keyed for when we were done. As for what you can eat, Goggles, I'd imagine if you eat at all you are better seeking to consume proteins found in meat. Most undead seem to be carnivorous even if their living brethren aren't.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby xGoggles » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:52 pm

Goggles gives a thankful nod to Raleigh when the mess was fixed.
Thinking about his suggestion for a moment, "If you think meat would be the most efficient fuel, then sure I'll give that a try. Does it have to be raw or cooked? Come to think of it, why do people cook their food anyway, is that really all for the whole 'taste' sensation'-thing?"

(( No need to apologize, welcome back~ ;D ))

"Fox, hypothetically speaking, if the Heir were to be 'pure of heart' but not clever enough for the following traps, what would these transformations entail? Would it make them smarter so they finally would make the requirements to be a good Heir or would they transform so drastically they would be removed from the position all together?", this was her main concern since otherwise it just wouldn't seem logical to her for any post-Heir transformations.

She blinks twice, giving a neutral stare to Fox, "I didn't know... masculinity was an energy source??... Hm? Your base what?"

Goggles opens the door of the fridge, "We'll start with detecting if any of them are magically enhanced then. The idea of having something test out the food might be the useful, though a rat seems slightly unhygienic.", and indeed what a lovely idea that sprung to life.. quite literally that is. When the vague suggestion of the idea was heard by the 'Pencil of Ideas' (that was an artifact of Dan's pencil that had a strange reaction with the Nothingness earlier that day), it suddenly started sparking sketch-lines in a lightning manner out of Goggles's pocket onto a pair of chocolate covered donuts. The donuts began to fade a bit in color, as the color was used together with the sketch-lines to result into a very small girl; her height not even matching that from her regular sized fork. "FOOD! I wanna try~!" the petite girl yells out eagerly, hopping on a random muffin ready to sink her little teeth into it.
"Um... That was random...", was the only reaction the confused Goggles could mutter at the moment.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:27 pm

Well food is usually cooked for health reasons but sometimes it is tied into taste. Meat for instance might carry disease or parasites so people cook it to cook out any chance of being sick. As an undead I doubt whether it is cooked or not will matter to you but it wouldn't hurt to probably go with cooked to start with. I've found it does help meat taste better in most cases or while I'm humanoid at least. Grains, however, are rather hard for humans and the like to eat without cooking in some occasions and as such are usually ground down into various breads and pastries and flavored with fruits and their juices to help with their somewhat dull taste. There are exceptions of course but naturally that seems to stand with things mortals make. Fruits and vegetables however are probably best consumed raw unless they must be cooked to be edible. A raw carrot is much healthier and tastier than a cooked one for instance. However, corn, is best cooked before eating as another example.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:21 pm

Regarding masculinity as a power source, the wishing stone chimes in: It's a finicky source, masculinity/femininity. For example, if I or something else drains the masculinity out of a man then they count as being "drained of it" rather than being full of femininity even though they'd look exactly the same in basically every way as someone who could be drained in the other direction. Conceptually-based energy sources are often troublesome like that.

Fox thinks for a moment. "I'm really not sure what I would have them do. I suspect transformations from the food wouldn't make a person totally useless, but might force them to adapt to different abilities if anything. Possibly the security system was coded to 'reset' the whole test if someone completely failed...whatever that entails."

He nods to Raleigh while he repairs the armor and things. "Well, the system's off and I think most of the danger is gone. If you like we could figure out where my higher-level artifact storage rooms went, or the library--maybe Lyra left some good books behind, or...one of the souled swords back in that first room, if made sane again, might make a good minion or something. I seem to recall I was already trying to hand them out to people before, but a little sluggish about...uh, where did that come from?" (In regard to the small girl just created). The muffin in question is in an individual plastic wrapper, but assuming that's removed or eaten along with it, it's a banana nut flavor with an enchantment intended to give the eater a monkey tail.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:55 pm

"Thanks for the explanation Raleigh, even having seen humans eat quite a lot of times, I never knew there was so much going on around that." Goggles nods her head. She thinks that if it had to depend on taste, then she'll have to experiment with a lot of trial and error to find out what she'd prefer, given there were so many ways to prepare food as it is.

Commenting on the Wishing Stone's explanation, "So when one is drained of either, they'll just look more androgynous then?"

"I guess we'll have to find out what other 'tests' might lay ahead then. But lucky for us we have Mr.Examiner's reincarnation here with us to help us along the way.~ But still, what did you mention about your base 'something' ", Not wanting to let small details like that slip away from her sight, she was an observer after all.
Not like she had much time to press the point as the small girl emerged and started attacking the food.
The petite little girl tried to shew through the plastic with her tiny mouth, "Plastic! Ewwy~!", but after relentless trying, she still couldn't get past it. Losing her patience she started to intensely stab into the muffin with her fork trying to create tiny holes in the plastic to force the wrapper open. Sticking her arms into one of the holes and take a chunk of muffin and munches it down. "Muffin, banana! Yummy~!", too busy with being cheerful while eating to notice any changes.
Goggles a bit concerned about this new appearance, moves over closer to the small girl to get a better look
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:32 pm

No no, a person drained completely of masculinity is an extremely girly girl, indistinguishable from someone full of femininity except that you can't drain them of femininity, only put masculinity back in. That's why I said it's finicky.

The muffin seems to only give the small girl an added monkey tail, and once that effect happens from the first bite nothing further happens. However, it did not give her all of the right instincts to balance properly with the tail, so standing upright might require some adaptation.

Fox says, "Oh, that? I was saying that fueling the wishing stone with masculinity required me to stay in my base form. The nature of my powers when I was Wolf made it extremely difficult to change forms at all, and when I did a lot of the perks of my original form--like the unlimited supply of masculinity--went with it. It really annoyed me because I always wanted to be able to try out a lot of different appearances. I always thought it'd be nice if I could just...just..." Fox pauses, his right ear flopping downward in a brief bit of confusion. His body glows faintly with a Crimson light, and suddenly changes!

"Whooooaaaa~!" His voice rises rapidly, his height shrinks half a foot; the pattern of his fur and hair reverses, black-to-white and white-to-black, and the hair grows longer, the tail fluffier and fluffier until it splits and splits again, one becoming three. His shirt grows long sleeves and lengthens all the way down to the thighs, pulling tight against rapidly slimming arms and a forming inward curve to his stomach; his shorts slide down, becoming white leggings, and the belt sinks with it to become a pair of yellow leg decorations just above them. The sheathed swords shift into a messenger bag, hanging over Fox's shoulder as her chest pushes out into a fairly large pair of breasts. Finally, glasses and a hat appear on her in little sparkles of Crimson, leaving her looking very differently.

She looks down on herself, touching a hand to her chest in some surprise. "Well, that was..surprising. I thought about changing, and..I did!" Her mouth turns upward into a slightly goofy-looking grin.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:09 am

After eating the small chunk of muffin, well small for everyone, but for her like the size of her head; she notices her new tail, giving it a curious look and gives it a flick, "Monkey~?"
One of the donuts on her head turns to show decorations made out of frosting that resembles cute little drawings of monkeys. Unaware or non-caring she turns her attention to an other source of food, "Cake now~!" She leaps towards the next closest by cake, but before she got much further she got grabbed by Goggles. "There, there now, that's enough food testing for you.", she says giving the small girl a stern look, trying to practice her new authority that she had to be responsible with.
The small girl kept on squirming, trying to wiggle free out of Goggles's hand.

"Fox do you have any idea what--..", turning around and then look at Fox as he-...she suddenly starts transforming in front of them.
Surprised by the new form, "Are you sure you didn't just eat something here while I wasn't looking?" Not that she had any major concerns that her friend just transformed, her neutral expression easily giving that impression, but she still had become what skeptical about the why part, given this wasn't on purpose.
The small girl with the monkey tail points at the new Fox, "Pretty Foxy~!"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:20 am

"I didn't eat anything, no." Fox shakes her head. "I do think I understand what happened. I'm the avatar of Crimson, and unlike most colors Crimson has a lot of expressions, including both male and female possibilities--to be honest the majority of colors lean heavily toward the feminine. So I just...changed which expression of the color I represent." She shrugs, still smiling. "I did do it semi-unintentionally 'cause I was recalling how much I would've liked to be able to just change around at will in my old life, but now that I know I can do it it shouldn't be too hard to control. Anyway, what were you asking~?" Her mannerism and speech seems noticeably girlier too, rather than just her appearance.

((I'm responding to this topic very slowly in an effort to not leave Raleigh pages behind again ><))

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:26 pm

Goggles was unsure how to take the behavioral changes of her friend; adjustments in appearance were one thing, but if they started to act differently, that would make things complex. Memories of when humans became intoxicated, and so brought a few behavioral swings with that.. those weren't very welcome to the situation.
"Well first, you are feeling fine, right? I notice you are acting slightly different than before. Second, this...", she holds up the small girl in her hand that apparently was now sinking her little teeth into Goggle's fingers. Reading from her reaction it didn't seem to hurt.
Giving up the small donut-girl stops biting and looks puzzled, "Taste likes... Yellow~?", the other donut on her head changes its frosting to a yellow color.
"Any idea what this is.. or how it came to be out of that weird lightning?", she questions, looking both at the new Fox and Raleigh, to see if they had any idea.

(( I'll try to match that then... at least for now. Still some fun stuff I'd like to do ^^))
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:34 pm

Fox smiles brightly. "I feel great~! I just feel like acting a little differently is all, matching the look. There's a bit of a mental push this way from the aspect of color that I'm expressing right now, but I could ignore it if I wanted to." She shrugs. "As for her...I'm no expert on magic right now, but it looked like the lines came out of your pocket...is anything in there?"

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:54 pm

"Hm, I do recall having put something in there.", Goggles's other hands reaching for her pocket, opening it up and she pulls a full-black-silhouette of what looks like a pencil; it doesn't appear to be emitting sparks creative energy anymore, however, so it appears to be in an inactive state. Besides the strange appearance it has, it is hard for any magical detection to distinguish it from any regular pencil, likely why the wishing-stone didn't pick up on it earlier.
Holding the pencil up for a moment to both examine it and to show it to Fox, she speaks up, "I found this earlier today, near the location of our creation. I received a strange sense of familiarity from it and it drew my interest. So I took it with me, but didn't put much mind to it as we were discussing on how to find and break into here." She frowns, "It did emit some similar sparking of that lightning earlier but it appeared ineffective and harmless at that point... But I have little knowledge on what exactly this is or how it works."

The little girl seemed to be getting very bored as the conversation was going on, but all the squirming and pushing had no use to get loose from Goggles's grip. She blows up her cheeks in frustration and tries to concentrate really hard until... POOF~ The little girl was in Goggles's hand was replaced by a donut? The donut itself had yellow frosting and little frosting drawings of monkeys on it.
Goggles looks at what is in her hand, perplexed of what just happened? "Did... she just turn herself into food?"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:51 pm

"Looks like a donut to me. Just like the mini ones on her head before." Fox smirks slightly. "I wonder what she'd do if you pretended you were gonna take a bite outta her."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse