A Fond Farewell

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: ~Estate Sale~ |All invited. Rewards Await.|

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:56 am

*Callista shudders violently when she detects Calamity and Cacophony, deciding to stay as far away from them as possible. Instead, she opts to head for the top of the store where the near-identical signature was located.*
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Just some lady » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:02 pm

Caprice is sitting on the tip top of the store, kicking her legs idly and shooting off the occasional digu volt into the sky, smiling at the (probably very dangerous) fireworks.

"Hey Calli! What's up? Other than us, who are on a big building I mean~^^"
Just some lady
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:43 pm

Cacophany has a complex expression of pain and curiosity on seeing the energy and emotions of Calamity. She examines herself in the mirror while listening, with a thoughtful expression. "...I was a collec-tion of algorithms, and you gave me feeling and real identity." Her speech pattern has a touch of the stilted rhythm it originally had, but it isn't nearly as strong a trait. She holds the gun up to look at briefly, cocking it experimentally with the free hand. "I don't have vocabulary to describe my grati-tude, but you may call me anything you wish."
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:15 pm

Caprice wrote:Caprice is sitting on the tip top of the store, kicking her legs idly and shooting off the occasional digu volt into the sky, smiling at the (probably very dangerous) fireworks.

"Hey Calli! What's up? Other than us, who are on a big building I mean~^^"

Callista: Not much. I was told you weren't going to be around long, so... *sighs* I guess that means you're leaving for good?
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Just some lady » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:32 pm

Callista: Not much. I was told you weren't going to be around long, so... *sighs* I guess that means you're leaving for good?

Caprice chews on her cheek for a moment, glancing back up at the sky, resting one foot carefully against the top of a window.

"Sometimes that's how it goes, y'know? I just thought it'd be fun to drop in a last time and take care of a few things. ~"

Putting one palm on the roof, (such as it is), she pushes herself up, doing an unlikely cartwheel through the air to land next to Calli.

"Hug? ^^"

Whatevr89532 wrote:Cacophany has a complex expression of pain and curiosity on seeing the energy and emotions of Calamity. She examines herself in the mirror while listening, with a thoughtful expression. "...I was a collec-tion of algorithms, and you gave me feeling and real identity." Her speech pattern has a touch of the stilted rhythm it originally had, but it isn't nearly as strong a trait. She holds the gun up to look at briefly, cocking it experimentally with the free hand. "I don't have vocabulary to describe my grati-tude, but you may call me anything you wish."

The gun is a curious thing; it looks like she can have it pull back and slot into her side when not in use. A strange reminder of its, (her?) shifting function.

Calamity looks a little surprised at the relative warmth of Cacophany's response, and she can't help but smile.

"That's...hm. Are those your..first emotions?Or are you just picking up the ones around you?"

Looking away from the new cyborg she studies her fingers for a moment, not sure if she wants the answer.

"I don't know if I can promise that this'll be a better life than being a drone, but it'll be a life, at least. That's got to be something, right?"

Shrugging, she puts her hands back on the handles of the two great blades, tsskiing as they start again, to burn.

"Just, word of advice. Work for the Business if that's what makes you confortable, I understand. But I..you may not realize, you don't have to anymore, and that's an important distinction."
Just some lady
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Ookalf » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:36 pm

Caprice wrote:Caprice gives an excited gasp as the nurse unsheathes her syringe, clapping her hands together like a kid who had just learned what ice cream was.

"IloveitIloveitIloveit."

She walks around Flo in a circle excitedly.

"So what can I do for you? Are you looking to have rocket punches put in then?? Do you wanna be able to turn into an ambulance?? Should I out a pocket dimension in your head???"

*Flo puts away her syringe once Caprice has had a chance to look at it. When Caprice starts walking around her, Flo starts spinning in place to keep an eye on her.* Well, I was kind of just looking to see what I can see, but those do sound useful. ...Well, the first two, mostly. I'm not sure what I'd even do with a dimension in my head...
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:46 pm

Caprice wrote:Caprice chews on her cheek for a moment, glancing back up at the sky, resting one foot carefully against the top of a window.

"Sometimes that's how it goes, y'know? I just thought it'd be fun to drop in a last time and take care of a few things. ~"

Putting one palm on the roof, (such as it is), she pushes herself up, doing an unlikely cartwheel through the air to land next to Calli.

"Hug? ^^"

*Callista seems a bit hesitant at first, probably due to her general dislike for personal contact, but finally accepts.*
Yeah... I think I could use one about now.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Just some lady » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:38 pm

Ookalf wrote:*Flo puts away her syringe once Caprice has had a chance to look at it. When Caprice starts walking around her, Flo starts spinning in place to keep an eye on her.* Well, I was kind of just looking to see what I can see, but those do sound useful. ...Well, the first two, mostly. I'm not sure what I'd even do with a dimension in my head...

Caprice taps her forehead knowingly.

"^^ Lots of room to think!"

She smiles and sits back, a solid light holo-stool forming to support her.

"But yeah, there are a few things to buy..."

Tilting her head to one side there is a -click-, and a wall slides away, revealing several items:

• The Chaos Network! A laptop hooked up to the latest in demonic tech, able to surf the forbidden web, and plug into people's brains! Good for all kinds of unusual remedies, brainwashing, and trauma exploration.
  • The first Tomapple Tree, perfectly preserved in its pot from when it was still a shrub! The purest Violet this side of Felina, brimming with uncut healing propertiesgive or take the normal side-effects
  • The one, the only, Cosmic Plushie Forge! Creates life where there was none! Probably extremely dangerous! Go ahead and use this to weave someone a new limb, or to make a fresh new white mage plushie, complete with unquestionable sentience!

AmbushCat wrote:*Callista seems a bit hesitant at first, probably due to her general dislike for personal contact, but finally accepts.*
Yeah... I think I could use one about now.

Caprice gingerly wraps her arms around the girl, squeezes, and then pats her back, before releasing her

"You okay?"
Just some lady
Hisho
Hisho

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:04 pm

Caprice wrote:Caprice gingerly wraps her arms around the girl, squeezes, and then pats her back, before releasing her

"You okay?"

It's... well, it's a bit much to take in all at once. *wipes her eyes* And... well, if you're really leaving, then I'd like to make a stupid request.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:34 pm

"I don't...know the difference. The emo-tions feel like mine, whatever that means." She pulls the gun back in, not feeling the need for a firearm at the moment, and then nods to the last statement. "I understand that. Believe it or not, the Business has an al-gorithm for even this kind of situation. If I help it with whatever I was last sent for...in this case, kill some True Dra-gons, it considers itself in my debt afterward. Otherwise it bugs me occasionally to pay back pro-duction costs." She examines her freed left hand, curling and uncurling the fingers slowly. "It won't try to force me to do anything, or attack me unless I attack it first. Since I'm considered sapient now, that would be against its con-straints."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:58 pm

Caprice wrote:Entropy purses her lips, choosing her words carefully.

"It was all real...but only as real as you believed it to be. Does that make sense?"

She pats his shoulder.

"That's It's power; it can do mostly anything, but you'd be hard-pressed to tell anything changed. It doesn't even have to be schoolgirl stuff, that's just the...er, default setting from the last person."

"That's... Hmmm... strange.. but it also makes sense I guess?", Dan becomes unsure about still purchasing the bracelet. Like Entropy said before, something like this could be really dangerous; like didn't he just make imaginary friends appear and such? Yet again.. power to make anything real, even when not noticing, is still quite amazing to have. Not only that, but the bracelet did give off an experience of another life that felt strangely familiar.
He ponders about it for a while. Maybe against his better judgement in, he'll likely still buy the bracelet though, might be worth experimenting with it.
"Did the last person get any troubles with this? Like even though I guess, I was unaware of all the magic around me, I somehow also felt very safe for some reason.", Well, thinking of that, back in his own world, magic wasn't all that common either, yet he wouldn't call it a partially safe there either; guess it had just different kind of dangers.
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Just some lady » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:27 pm

AmbushCat wrote:It's... well, it's a bit much to take in all at once. *wipes her eyes* And... well, if you're really leaving, then I'd like to make a stupid request.

Caprice nods slowly, and then puts on a smile.

"Of course. What can I do?"

Whatevr89532 wrote:"I don't...know the difference. The emo-tions feel like mine, whatever that means." She pulls the gun back in, not feeling the need for a firearm at the moment, and then nods to the last statement. "I understand that. Believe it or not, the Business has an al-gorithm for even this kind of situation. If I help it with whatever I was last sent for...in this case, kill some True Dra-gons, it considers itself in my debt afterward. Otherwise it bugs me occasionally to pay back pro-duction costs." She examines her freed left hand, curling and uncurling the fingers slowly. "It won't try to force me to do anything, or attack me unless I attack it first. Since I'm considered sapient now, that would be against its con-straints."

Calamity raises an eye, and then laughs, which breaks into a dry cough after a moment.

"Yeah, okay, that...well that's somethin'."

She grits her teeth and pulls both the blades up as she says that.

"Well, then the other thing you should be careful of is your new power source."

Bringing the swords together seems a difficult task for her, like forcing same-polarity magnets to line up, but with a grunt, her arms bulge, crackling as she forces the hilts to touch, bouncing off at first, and then starting to solder together as her hands gain a further precipitous glow.

"It's powered by emotion, kind of. Disharmony, distress, destruction. You don't have to be the one causing it...but it does help."

She breathes deeply for a moment as the swords finally stay together, clumsy work as it is, for the moment.

"And it won't run out. Not exactly. But if you go overboard, you'll either lose control, or it'll kill you. Both, if you're really unlucky."

Cutting the newly-fused swords through the air experimentally, she lets one hand leave the hilts, instead probing along her own chest. She's afraid, Cacophony can feel. Afraid, and angry, but also happy strangely, behind all that.

"I'm not gonna tell you who to use it on, but, god, I hope you can learn empathy faster than I did."

xGoggles wrote:"That's... Hmmm... strange.. but it also makes sense I guess?", Dan becomes unsure about still purchasing the bracelet. Like Entropy said before, something like this could be really dangerous; like didn't he just make imaginary friends appear and such? Yet again.. power to make anything real, even when not noticing, is still quite amazing to have. Not only that, but the bracelet did give off an experience of another life that felt strangely familiar.
He ponders about it for a while. Maybe against his better judgement in, he'll likely still buy the bracelet though, might be worth experimenting with it.
"Did the last person get any troubles with this? Like even though I guess, I was unaware of all the magic around me, I somehow also felt very safe for some reason.", Well, thinking of that, back in his own world, magic wasn't all that common either, yet he wouldn't call it a partially safe there either; guess it had just different kind of dangers.

Entropy purses her lips.

"I never really knew her but look at it like this: Magic couldn't hurt her, because she didn't believe in it. And maybe if someone convinced her otherwise that could change, of course. But someone could have shot her with a gun, if they could get close enough without getting turned into a schoolgirl, I mean."

She smiles reassuringly.

"I can't promise you that this is 100% safe, but yeah, it's probably safer than normal, at least. You interested in picking it up? the price is 10,000HL."

Glancing at a note on the counter she pauses, and then rolls her eyes.

"...or, free, if you promise to use it at least once after leaving the store, it looks like. Caprice is really not great at business plans."
Just some lady
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Ookalf » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:29 pm

Caprice wrote:Caprice taps her forehead knowingly.

"^^ Lots of room to think!"

She smiles and sits back, a solid light holo-stool forming to support her.

"But yeah, there are a few things to buy..."

Tilting her head to one side there is a -click-, and a wall slides away, revealing several items:

• The Chaos Network! A laptop hooked up to the latest in demonic tech, able to surf the forbidden web, and plug into people's brains! Good for all kinds of unusual remedies, brainwashing, and trauma exploration.
  • The first Tomapple Tree, perfectly preserved in its pot from when it was still a shrub! The purest Violet this side of Felina, brimming with uncut healing propertiesgive or take the normal side-effects
  • The one, the only, Cosmic Plushie Forge! Creates life where there was none! Probably extremely dangerous! Go ahead and use this to weave someone a new limb, or to make a fresh new white mage plushie, complete with unquestionable sentience!

Ooh, those all sound rather... exciting. Can I hear more about that laptop to start?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Just some lady » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:48 pm

Ookalf wrote:Ooh, those all sound rather... exciting. Can I hear more about that laptop to start?

She claps her hands, beaming.

"Yes, yes! ^^"

Spinning in her faux-chair she puts out a hand, which shoots out out suddenly like a grappling hook, grabbing the laptop and then retracting back along the metal cable connecting it to her wrist. The laptop is a calm yellow color and looks normal enough, save for the fact that the windows logo seems to have been replaces with a wide, staring eye.

"Soooo, it's basic enough, it's like a demon in a silicon shell, not sapient, but just intelligent enough that it'll usually be able to find what you're looking for, and adaptable enough to interface with nearly any system. ^^ Oh, and it has free wifi and infinite battery life as long as there's some kind of background radiation for it to pick up, which there usually is around there parts."

She taps a few keys, causing the screen to ripple as through breathing, and then a web browser opens, displaying the current phase of the moon, the time, (local, and in several timezones that don't seem to match up with anything), and a .gif of a nearly-full chalice of acidic-looking green liquid.

"Foor instance! Here's the default web browser, the Nether Sojourner. Anything you want to look up today?"
Just some lady
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:04 pm

Cacophany nods to the instructions, seeming to carefully take them in. But it does dawn on her at this point, and she gets a concerned look. "Are you...?" and pauses, stumbling across an uncertainty of word choice. 'Dying' was the first instinct, but something about it seems incorrect. After a moment, the question is rephrased: "...The sword, you're making it out of, yours?" Some grammatical confusion still results from uncertainty whether the subject counts as two swords or one.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse