Worms for sale~!!!

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Worms for sale~!!!

Postby xGoggles » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:43 am

The wormgirls looked confused at the instruments, likely they never ever had seen one before, and the chances of any of them being able to play one would be slimmer than any of their IQs. But the way Jenna said it so excitedly made them all cheer and applaud even though they had no idea what a band was, "Yay baaaaaaand, yay rain~!"

After Ebb helped to get the taller wolf-girl off of him, he lets out a small sigh but returns with a what forced smile,"That's okay.. thanks..."
Slowly he manages to get up, still grimacing a bit in pain. Then he sets up his chair too to take a seat, ready to explain what he meant with 'his gold' but then he got served other questions that he didn't know what to answer to. "Hm? Whimsy?... Fox-ears?...", he says, really unsure what the girls were talking about, but he takes his bag and opens it, and to his surprise, he did find a headband with fox-ears in it! "Huh? How did this get in there? Did that fox spirit do this? Was she the one that took one of my golden balls?", now he was kinda the one firing off questions, but who wouldn't if they suddenly found themselves waking up in a bizarre drinking place, with animal people they didn't know, and finding out their stuff have been messed with as well, yet everyone acted like that was totally normal??

The bees nod their heads and skip along inside, then waved back at the hostess. Unsure what to do then, they looked around, there were no flowers inside or any honey, but wait... that big menu did have things like flower and honey written on it! They gasp and point at the menu, then face Cathy, "Queen, can we, bzzz, get honey and flowers, bzz, pretty please~~?"
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:26 pm

"Yaaay~!" Jenna joins the cheering. "Okay, I guess we can deal with this...just, hmmn," She pulls out a big stand-up umbrella--which really shouldn't surprise anyone at this point--and puts it over where the electric guitar and amp. She produces a pair of drumsticks (the real thing, not the food chicken part). "Soooo~, who wants to be the drummer? Who's good at hitting things?"

Ebb seems to understand the point: "Ohh, you have Whimsy's bag!"
"It's more like Whimsy had his bag. Let me try and explain this so you won't be confused: It looks like Whimsy protected you from that fox spirit, did some other things while in possession of your bag, and then brought you here after ordering a milkshake for you. I guess you were unconscious that whole time or something." An outside observer would of course notice Whatever is still deliberately not revealing perhaps the most pertinent detail. It's more entertaining this way, after all.
"Does that mean we have to give the ball back?" Ebb's expression looks absolutely pitiful, begging-dog ears, puppy eyes and everything. Gigi, meanwhile, has gotten up and moved over to where the ball is, leaning a hand on top of it. "It's the first money we've seen in weeks. We can't even afford the milkshakes!"
"Oh, don't worry about that. I have no use for physical wealth; just look what price of those shakes actually is." Whatevr points up to the sign; under the huge list of flavors, in normal-sized text so it more or less blends in with that list, is the words "Price: One (1) small favor per shake".
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Abillioncats » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:44 pm

Cathy seemed rather happy at being called Queen, should could get used to that. "Of course you can sillies~" With that answered she took a sip of her fishy shake once again, apparently already done with the tomapple smoothie.

Cathy's attention was drawn towards the hostess and Dan. She'd overheard Whimsy's name several times now and that had peaked her interest. "Where did Whimsy go anyway? She was leading me here and then she disappeared on me!"
Kitty Kennel (aka my roster of characters)
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:54 pm

The worm-girls giggle, 'drummer' sounded like 'bummer' and they were all so cheerful and happy they couldn't possibly be a bummer~ But to one the suggestion of hitting things sounded like fun, she was partly inspired by watching the Oni-girl going on a rampage, so she wanted to see what fun hitting stuff could be~

Dan's confused look turned more to one of gratitude, "Really? Wow, I guess I have to thank them, then?", he says looking around the place. But assuming from conversations before this 'Whimsy person' wasn't at the drinking place anymore for some reason.
Turning back to Ebb, and noticing her adorable puppy expression with that question, he quickly started to wave his hands and shake his head, trying to diffuse the misunderstanding. "N-no-no-no-nno~~ I didn't mean it that way... Look~", he says taking his bag and pulling out of it another golf-sized golden ball. "I can kinda create more of these so long I have at least one", he tells them and demonstrates by creating a duplicate of the ball in his other hand. "Pretty cool, huh? I think these powers are kinda useful. Makes money less of an issue. Umm...", he sets himself ready to try and dodge a potential tackle-hug, in case Gigi couldn't control herself again.

After he reads the price he wonders what a 'favor' would translate to, though technically he didn't order his shake, so hopefully, this Whimsy person already paid in advance~

The bee-girls gleefully jumped up and hugged their queen, then skipped to the counter and asked for honey and or flowers, meaning the real things, but having them in milkshake form would likely be fine too~

Dan shrugs when the cat-girl asked about Whimsy, "No idea. Never got the chance to thank her for saving me."
He started to wonder if maybe Whimsy was some kind of superheroine or something; doing good then disappearing out of sight, helping the needy, giving gold to the poor, and leading cat-girls to milkshake places?...
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:48 pm

There is a rumbling of thunder as the rainstorm finally gets underway with the first colorful drops falling.

Out in it, Jenna is violet by nature enough for the diluted colors in rain like this to not really affect her, but there's no telling if the girls who shared a tomapple among hundreds or so of them will have enough in them to not be altered a little bit. She isn't paying much attention to the weather at the moment, though, instead handing the volunteer one of the drumsticks. "Okay, sooo~. You just need to sit in.." She pauses, and then gets out a stool to sit on, placing it in front of the trap set. "..the stool there~, and hit the drums this-a-way." Then she gives the snare drum some rhythmic taps with the stick she's still holding, drawing out few regular measures of 4s followed by hitting the hi-hat once at the end of the last one. "See?"

"Got it, got it.." Whatevr gets busy writing down the bee-girls' orders. She just makes it two honey, two flower-flavored ones so there's one for each, figuring they can share or order more if that's not enough.
Fortunately for Dan, Gigi's awful attention span has led her back to being engrossed in the activity of tossing the ball up in the air and catching it again, despite the fact that it's considerably heavier and bulkier than it was before."Coooool~. Can you teach me to do that?" says Ebb, looking much happier right away. She also answers Cathy's question. "Whimsy went poof when Dan appeared~," she says, turning toward the catgirl. "But first she said he was her friend and to be nice to him."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Abillioncats » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:07 pm

"Oh really?" Cathy turned and got a good look at Dan, staring at him for a moment. "Interrrrrrrrrresting~" She continued to stare at the boy as she slurped up her shake. Who knew what was going on in that brain of hers?
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:41 pm

The worm-girls likely wouldn't have enough color in them to resist the effects of the rain. Their slime, however, will still be as potent for whichever color they might be affected by.
As for the one at the drum, she starts to tick away on the drum with a surprisingly rhythmic feel to it, even though she was holding the drumsticks all wrong.

Busy buzzing and waiting for the milk-shakes to get made, they started to look around, and around, and around, starting to spin, making themselves quite dizzy~ Those silly ditsy dizzy buzzy busy bees~

"Umm, no sorry.. I didn't really get to learn it myself either.. I kinda wished to have these powers... At a wishing-well..in a waterpark... Hmm, saying that out loud does make it sound kinda weird.. but that is how I got them, hehe~", Dan says with a light chuckle, being quite happy with the few powers he got himself back then, even when they were quite minor compared to some people there.

He looks surprised when Ebb mentions that apparently, Whimsy was his 'friend', then getting fixated stares from this strange cat-girl made him feel what uncomfortable... Why was she suddenly interested in him for? "U-ummm, I honestly.. d-don't know w-why.. she'd say that... I.. have yet to m-meet this.. Whimsy-person... But um, hi.. I'm Dan.. W-who are you?..", he asks, getting rather timid by the continued staring.

((Also if you have any idea what kind of colors the rain will bring or what results to those getting caught in it unprotected, feel free to do so. Or if you rather want me to come up with some things for it, that is fine too ^^ ))
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Abillioncats » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:31 am

"Cathy~" Cathy simply responded, continuing to stare as she sipped on her smoothie.
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:16 am

"N-nice to meet you.. Cathy", Dan tries to look in another direction, getting uneasy by all the staring. It only took him little to connect the dots that likely those newly arrived bee-girls might have originated from the swarm of bees that just left...
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Abillioncats » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:02 am

“Hmmmmmmm....Whimsy might be closer to you then you think... Without explaining what she meant she quit staring at Dan so intensely and focused on her smoothie. ”Yummy~
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:34 pm

"Good jo--" Jenna's voice is drowned out by a loud crack of nearby thunder. "Good job! Noooow~, the next thing we need iiiis~, a guitarist maybe? Do any of you like to do this when you're hugging?" She mimes hugging someone, keeping one hand still while moving the other one gently up and down.

"Aww, boo. Well, we'll just have to hang out with you so you can help out if the ball gets spent up~," says Ebb cheerfully. At least she took the news well, but talk about mercenary. "Naw, a genie water park sounds pretty par for the course for Muffiville. We used to have this genie lady who'd only grant wishes she thought were entertaining."
While it really starts to pour outside, the milkshakes are being made back behind the counter. Whatevr rubs her hands a bit in anticipation. "Oh boy, six small favors from the crafty catgirl. Or if you want, Cathy, you could trade all those for one medium favor to do for me. Maybe I should start doling out the charges for everyone else while I'm at it. First, goggle-boy, nothing major, I just want you to deliver a letter to Whimsy by carrying it in your bag until she inevitably takes it out. It has unlimited space anyway, right?"

((The mixed color rain is just kind of "any color mixture you want". There could be bits of Jale, Crimson...even Cerulean now that it's technically reached the point of having been created.))

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Abillioncats » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:38 pm

Cathy hummed to herself, her tail flicking in random directions as she thought her options over. "Well, I suppose it would be easier to just do one medium favor instead of six small ones...let's go with that!"
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:37 am

One of them jumped up a few times and raised her hand up high, saying, "Me, me~ I do that all the time~" She ran up to Jenna to demonstrate her hugging technique! They all liked hugging, in varying different ways, but this type of hug was as close as it was going to get to guitar playing.

The area began to lightly drizzle as the rain clouds came closer, it wasn't clear yet what kind of color was in them, but this together with the thunder gave enough warning for those people outside to get to cover, as it was about to rain.

Dan chuckles a bit, "I guess that is fine. Having people around that know the city will also be a big help for me too." He wasn't all too sure about these wolf-girls yet, but they seemed nice enough, and if they just wanted to stick around for money, that was fine too; thanks to his new powers, he had plenty of gold to share around anyway.
He looked up at the wolf-lady as she addressed him, "Oh? Umm, sure? But how do you know she'll find it there? And uh, no.. the bag can only contain fifty times its size. I was kinda limited to only wish for 'minor' things when I wished for it..."
Confused why he should deliver a letter to a person he never met but apparently likes to snoop around in his bag?... But if this paid for drinking a milk-shake? Sure, why not? He goes over to the counter to take the letter to put in his bag.

(( Don't worry, already thought of what kind of rain I'd like to use for this, will come up next~ ))
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:59 am

Jenna returns the hug for a moment before letting go and indicating the nearby electric guitar. "Okay~! So all you need to do, is hug the guitar like that and, um.." She pulls out a guitar pick, and offers it over. "Do the thing with your hands while holding this. And the way you put your fingers on the hand that's not moving changes the sound of it."

Ding ding ding ding! No, somebody didn't get an answer right on a gameshow, there are just four orders up all at once back behind the counter. Whatevr takes a moment to shuffle all of those to the front of the counter for the bee-girls, arranged in the order flower-honey-flower-honey flavor. To Cathy she says: "Good to hear. I'll have to think about what it is, but the deal with these favors is that you can always reject one favor and I'll offer you a different one that should be more reasonable to you. In theory I should be good enough at reading inclinations to not even be rejected once."
Then she produces a regular letter-sized envelope. The front says "For Whimsy", and below that, "I will open only at the appointed time". It's placed on the counter for Dan to pick up.
"Oh, right. But fifty times that still makes one envelope not too big of a deal. Anyway, Whimsy is not an easy person to just get a hold of, and I figure if she did it once then there's no reason she couldn't do it again. What this letter's about is still in the very early planning stage, so it'll be a while before it needs to be seen."
While Dan's busy up front, Ebb returns to her own shake, continuing to enjoy it slowly. Her sister watches the multichromatic rain outside.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Abillioncats » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:14 pm

Cathy nodded a few times, Whatevr's way of collecting favors seemed reasonable enough to her. "Kay~" Cathy suddenly let out a yawn, the sound of the rain outside was rather soothing and it made her sleepy. Cathy looked around the room and then spotted a nearby bench, she was very quick to lay across it. "I'm taking a nap...wake me up when you want that favor...nyaaa~"
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse