Official Departure Thread Mk Awesome (IV)

If you're new, stop by and introduce yourself. You can also inform your friends of your departures and returns.

Moderator: Helel

Re: Official Departure Thread Mk Awesome (IV)

Postby Shadell » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:26 am

I have a serious case of college at the moment, and I have a fairly big presentation for a conference that I really need to be working on, which is why I haven't been posting at all for the past month or so. Sadly it will continue for the future, so I have no clue how often I'll be able to find the time to get on. Don't expect to see much of me.

Also, my college blocks IRC from working, so I probably won't be on there at all for the foreseeable future.
Hmm.... Does anyone actually read these anyway?
Appointed Spammaster Rank 3 by Caprice on Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:25 pm
Shadell
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Just some lady » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:30 am

*Patpatpats.*

^^ It is nice to see you at all. I wasn't expecting any post from you until summer.

Good luck with the conference, though~! <3
Just some lady
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Shadell » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:44 am

Thankfully, all I need to have submitted before April is an abstract so I have plenty of time left to procrastinate till the last minute then panic and go two weeks without sleep rushing to finish my paper on time.

And you may very well not see me again till summer.
Shadell
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Helel » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:45 am

Shadell wrote:Also, my college blocks IRC from working, so I probably won't be on there at all for the foreseeable future.

Aires seems to have encountered this as well, and we've yet to find a way to work around it yet. I still need to pester Xia about that for science. Good to hear you're at least partially alive though. :O
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Rodney » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:14 am

Shadell, you could check if your college network also blocks http://www.web-irc.org/
It's a web-based irc client. It worked for me until my network also blocked the web-irc website.

If someone has a solution, I'm all ears.
Rodney
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Shadell » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:36 pm

Rodney wrote:Shadell, you could check if your college network also blocks http://www.web-irc.org/
It's a web-based irc client. It worked for me until my network also blocked the web-irc website.

If someone has a solution, I'm all ears.

Works great, thanks. And you could try using a proxy to reach the site; but we should probably move this elsewhere lest we end up derailing this thread.
Shadell
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Helel » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:09 pm

Just as a heads up to everyone, Xia will be away from MSF for a while. Hopefully Xia will be back soon, but I'll be sure to keep y'all posted. If there's any issues, let the mod team know (especially in the case of s p a m :O).
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Marky » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:27 pm

*sigh* *insert various obscenities*

I swear, I guess my computer can't hold out until I can get a fricken external hard drive to put my stuff on it. My computer decided to not want to work when I pulled it out of sleep mode today, so I had to shut it down. However, due to a little problem I have shortly after my desktop comes up upon startup, my computer decided to crash...again...>.>

It might come out of it if I try again, but, meh, not gonna try until tomorrow, since I can at least use safe mode right now. So, yeah, until my computer decides to start working normally, again, or until I get an external hard drive, I'll be limited in my time.

Edit: Umm...yeah...apparently my computer decided to just take a day off, and is now working again...
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Nosnits » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:03 am

In case anyone cares, I won't be here for most of today. Starting in a hour and ending approximately 10-11 hours later, I will be at a debate tournament. It's the last of the year so don''t worry, it won't happen again. That is all.
Hey, you! No...not you....You! Go ---> HERE <--- to red the drabbles of stuff I've written, or ---> HERE <--- to see both my doodles AND writing. Double dip right there.

Knit the scarf. Ride the ogre.
Nosnits
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Marky » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:49 pm

*heavy sigh* Right now, I'm in a bit too bad of a mood to explain this again, so, here's the copied version of what I wrote down from another site.

Right now, my computer is apparently not wanting to work one bit right now. I don't know if it has finally kicked the bucket completely, or not. I've been having on and off problems ever since I bought it. Twice it has completely crashed and been unable to work.

The first time, I have no idea what went wrong, but "apparently" it was a software problem. I lost all my data then. Then, Vista SP1 killed it, and through HP's restore, I was able to save most of my stuff. Now, for over a month, I've been having display driver issues, but today it just suddenly did something weird coming out of sleep mode.

The BSoD flashed in and out with the screen before I turned it off. Then, when I turned it back on, it doesn't want to come up with/do anything now.

So...yeah. Just thought I'd let you all know.

P.S. I'll try and get on as much as I can, but note that I will be limited in my time, unless I want to live at the library.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby AshK » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:30 pm

We all four hope that your computer starts to work properly again. Don't worry about it. The Virus RP is a Slow-Moving one, so you probably won't miss much. I hope things get fixed for you soon.
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby Marky » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:38 pm

Thanks, and, yeah, hopefully I won't miss too much anywhere else, either. I've still got the library, though, and a couple of computer labs that I can use (although I probably won't be on here in one of the computer labs, as usually when I'm in that lab, I've gotta work on my CS 140 homework), so I'll still try and be around. I'll just probably have gaps of inactivity that I didn't have before.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Lanzerus » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:41 pm

alright, minor issues here and there with my keyboard, mostly typing the wrong letter at the wrong time or compltly skipping important letters out of a wor.
and its really ticking me off...and My old speakers, 5 years + have decided to blow out on me, so I will be getting to use my new speakers I got for my birthdat!

And MWC, what specifics can you giv me about your computer isses?
Self-proclaimed, Lord and Creator of the Inactivity void.
Lanzerus
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Marky » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:53 pm

I've given my computer to my OIT people to fix, and it should, hopefully be ready Monday if all that was wrong with it was the display driver. However, if it is the video/graphics card, I'm gonna have to bring it to Best Buy and probably have them ship it to HP or something...idk.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Mendi-chan » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:29 am

In the coming week or so I'll be rather busy because of my school's annual play-thinga-ma-jig, so I probably won't be on nearly as often as I would otherwise. Sorry if I don't get to replying to a post for several days. @_@
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome Matt