Mecchen House - Complete First Book Online

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

Postby Cutey Kerina » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:24 pm

Yeah, I do that a lot. It's something I need to go back and fix up. I'm quite lousy with the comma rules when I comes dialogue. The whole thing is in the first draft stage, just getting written.
http://photobucket.com/albums/v340/Majorkerina/ Kashimashi here in "Zappy Manga"
"I'm begging you. Establish context before you start talking." - Kyon
Cutey Kerina
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Cutey Kerina » Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:43 am

Kyunji wrote:One more thing: The Mecchen House inhabitants have some very strange personality quirks. Were they inspired by particular anime characters/stereotypes, did you make them up yourself, or both?

Thanks for the awesome reply. I tend to have a lot of trouble with the permutations of grammar in so far as I use it. I like to link actions with dialogue like "It didn't make me feel good, "Are you sure we have to do this?" when "It didn't make me feel good to say, "Are you sure we have to do this?" is more appropriate. Of course I have a history of constantly dropping words. But I think I'm getting better at it. Your noticed thing really helps though.

So far as characters. Every one of them started out as a cliche.
The whole "house of girls" owes some inspiration from Love Hina. But that's just the jumping off point. Take the cliches and just sail off from them.

Kelly - the nerd
Jamie - the slacker
Nathan - the jock

And then they do kinda fall into specific types of anime sorts with the girls but I've begun to build in other details that often conflict.

Reiko - The rude, anti-social girl. Like early Haruhi maybe.

Miki (but that isn't her real name btw ^^...not revealed yet) - the hyper tomboy. Tomo or Kagura more likely.

Sumi(ko) - the perverted girl. They show up sometimes.

Tara - the Western or super-playful girl. Think Kaolla Su + Sara McDougal

Ami - the nice girl. Again, Mutsumi. Only Ami has some issues like that very disturbing room.

Aneko - The warm, motherly type. Mutsumi without the dying and less sexual tension.

Mami - the capitalist. Nabiki Tendo but taking in bit of a different direction.

Nana - the silent type with a secret. Yuki Nagato, Rei Ayanami, etc. Nana borrows more from Yuki in how she talks I'd have to say.

Katsumi - the off-the-wall girl. Katsumi is probably the closest to Naru from Love Hina but she doesn't resort to massive violence. If anything, I kinda started by imagining if I put Haruhi Suzumiya and Mikuru Asahina in the same body. From there she just grew organically.

The same is true for many of the characters. It's a tough deal to focus on developing so many of them but a lot of characters have gotten little, distinctive touches that help to grow their personalities.
http://photobucket.com/albums/v340/Majorkerina/ Kashimashi here in "Zappy Manga"
Cutey Kerina
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby P-tan » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:36 pm

Can you estimate how long each chapter takes to finish?
(I knew the setting has been stolen from a few other ideas..)
P-tan

Postby Cutey Kerina » Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:23 pm

Depends on how fast you read.
Cutey Kerina
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby P-tan » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:30 am

No, I mean how long YOU take to finish typing em and sticking em to your LJ.
P-tan

Postby Cutey Kerina » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:02 am

Seven to ten days. A new chapter is done btw.
Cutey Kerina
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AnimaVex » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:00 pm

This story is like an addiction: I just want to keep on reading it.

No, really: It's awesome that way. And your word choice just makes it better. I applaud your excellent story structure! *hugs Kerina*
The wind is coming, and it tells a story more often silenced than not.

-AnimaVex, budding artist/writer/etc. -
AnimaVex
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby P-tan » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:54 pm

must..resist..hug..

twitches slightly with eyes crazy*
P-tan

Postby Cutey Kerina » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:46 am

Thanks ^_^ Next chapter will have more anime girls abounding. I'm glad for the user who pointed out my comma use, it's a bad habit of mine I need to rein in more.
Cutey Kerina
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Cutey Kerina » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:03 pm

New, super-sized chapter up. 12,000 words. One utterly exhausted writer ^^. But fun.
Cutey Kerina
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby P-tan » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:37 pm

yay new chapter..X
P-tan

Postby Cutey Kerina » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:49 am

6000 words into chapter 10, I still need to get into an ending, a change and a Katsumi scene but it's in the end stretch for this chapter. I wrote a song which appears in the chapter. Here it is (it's sung karaoke-style in the narrative so this'll be easier to see the whole thing)
The refrain is marked by *'s

Today and Forever originally performed by Nabenaka Kayo for the opening song of the magical girl anime 'Pretty Yumeko Hime Galaxy' (lyrics by me ^^).

---

Today, today, my heart will sing. I will be reborn as a new girl. Reborn into a new world, reborn into the true world. I spread my arms wide, to the endless day. Look at me. *A touch, for ever and ever. Today, today, we will dance in the true world. Forever and ever, you’ll see. I’ll be. Your sister.*

We will be wrapped in happiness. Like a warm, sweet blanket of snow. And your hand will reach out to me and touch our destiny.

*A touch, for ever and ever. Today, today, we will dance in the true world. Forever and ever, you’ll see. I’ll be. Your sister.*

Don’t fret for tomorrow. Our meeting wasn’t chance. Your distant eyes. A quiet glance.

*And a touch, for ever and ever. Today, today, we will dance in the true world. Forever and ever, you’ll see. I’ll be. Your sister.*

Your voice fades in the cold wind. And the sunset comes too soon. It hurts that you’re not near. But I am always a part of you.

*A touch, for ever and ever. Today, today, we will dance in the true world. Forever and ever, you’ll see. I’ll be. Your sister.*

Flower petals drift in the shadow of a far off moon. They carry my dreams with them. I walk alone on a distant shore and I still feel a touch…

I may not be strong. I still am searching. But my heart always finds you. I will grant your deepest wish, with a touch…

And we will lead each other, arm in arm. I won’t be afraid. My heart will glow for you. At your touch, I awake from a dream.

Today, today, my heart will sing. I will be reborn as a new girl. Reborn into a new world, reborn into the true world. I spread my arms wide, to the endless day. Look at me. *A touch, for ever and ever. Today, today, we will dance in the true world. Forever and ever, you’ll see. I’ll be. Your sister.*
Last edited by Cutey Kerina on Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cutey Kerina
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Cutey Kerina » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:57 pm

New Mecchen
Cutey Kerina
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Cutey Kerina » Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:02 am

Chapter 11 is writ. I will poke it after cleaning activities tomorrow. It nearly beat me but I beat it. A lot of hinting. After, I may do a set quieter chapters. I know the end is going to be tense and a metaphorical bloodbath. Till then. much fun to be had.
Cutey Kerina
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby P-tan » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:54 pm

I know you've been working hard. Tis a shame I'm leaving...(I was brimming with enthusiasm or whateveryouwannacallit)

I've typed enough.
P-tan

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner