Zack's Pictorium!

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

Postby Xia » Thu May 05, 2005 10:08 pm

holy carp...the wolf is the wrong color, but that is so eerily similar to a set of characters of mine oO

great job
~Between Sanity and Madness lies Genius
Between Genius and Madness I come~
Xia
Sensei
Sensei

Postby Kumi-chan » Thu May 05, 2005 11:49 pm

*claps* Very nice work Zack. *huggles.*
Kumi-chan
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Drake24 » Sat May 07, 2005 1:15 am

Wow, Zach, your art is amazing. I just went throught he whole thread and I've seen a lot of improvement too from the beginning.

Perhaps you can help me illustrate this character from an rp. Its a fantasy setting, she used to be a male human sailor but was seduced overboard by siren singing. Turns out sirens are all female race (d'uh) and so to keep from dying out they use their music to trap and then transform hapless sailors. Somehow he..now she gets away and washes ashore. Wakes up with blue skin, silver hair, and a slender, but amply endowed figure, pointy eared that can only be from a sea nymph. Maybe one picture would have her in washed ashore makeshift clothes and a shock 'I just woke up like this' face...the other could happen a little later in the story, where a well meaning elf wizardess takes her clothing shopping for something more fashionable, and the blushing I can't believe I'm dressed like this face. (skimpy white blouse and short blue skirt?)

That would be awesome if you could help realize the story. I'm thinking about making it into a full fledged story for the webpage. :)
Drake24
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Zack Gongaga » Tue May 10, 2005 2:43 am

Heres some pictures I've been working on for Drakes thing. Not sure how soon, or if at all I'll get around to computer coloring them(Which is why the huge B&W format. It was originaly a 300dpi black and white scan) It takes aloooot of time for me to CG anything

http://photobucket.com/albums/v482/ranz ... =nimf0.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/v482/ranz ... =nimf2.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/v482/ranz ... t=nimf.jpg
Zack Gongaga
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Drake24 » Tue May 10, 2005 10:29 am

Cute! That turned out awesome! I love the costumes, from swashbuckler to damsel in distress. Great work Zach! Thanks! :D
Drake24
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Kumi-chan » Tue May 10, 2005 1:24 pm

I like this one http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ranzatsu/nimf2.jpg Something about her expression and the position I just like. I don't know but for some reason I like it.
Kumi-chan
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Cutey Kerina » Tue May 10, 2005 3:27 pm

^^ I like it too...even if it isn't a tf reaction I'll read it as one because I love the look of shock on her

edit - ooooooo.....*drools* it is....wow...*runs off to go show someone that*
YOU'RE THE BEST ZACK! ^^
http://photobucket.com/albums/v340/Majorkerina/ Kashimashi here in "Zappy Manga"
"I'm begging you. Establish context before you start talking." - Kyon
Cutey Kerina
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Alyse » Wed May 11, 2005 10:13 am

OOh! These are my favorite of yours so far! I can't wait to see how the color turns out. The nymph expression in the third one is priceless..and the other girl helping her dress is SO cute! I love the costume! Keep it up, Zach! *cheer*
Alyse
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Goose » Mon May 16, 2005 9:05 pm

Zack Gongaga wrote:I did this in the bar the other day, because I was thinking about all the things I love about the 4th of July. It came down to explosives + beer + BBQ'd meat. The bartender lady seemed to think the ribs ont he plate were sausages.. huh. But she gave me a massive bar tab discount for drawing her, so it worked out.

(Here's a link to the pic...)

Why is this important, other than being a great piece of art? Because I did the same thing today, and it freakin' worked XD

I had my sketchbook with me when me and some friends when to Chili's, and we had a really hot waitress. So I remembered this picture Zack made, and figured I'd shoot for some free food. I used a pose pretty similar to that pic, what with the beer mug and food tray and all that, and it worked! She gave us free dessert, and I gave her the picture as thanks. She said it was the nicest thing she's gotten in the three years she worked there, and I think she had the hots for me too XD

Anyway, thanks for the inspiration, Zack. ^_____^
The Art Goose
Goose
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Deathscythe13x » Mon May 16, 2005 9:18 pm

very cool Goose. I've been thinking of doing something like that, like taking a sketchbook to a party and getting a cute girl to pose for me. But that idea was inspired by Mac Hall.
Deathscythe13x
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

nice

Postby greenday23 » Mon May 16, 2005 9:19 pm

nice Zack. Drake, if u read this, hurry up and make something up to go with the pics.
greenday23

Postby Zack Gongaga » Mon May 16, 2005 10:10 pm

Wild_Goose wrote:
Zack Gongaga wrote:I did this in the bar the other day, because I was thinking about all the things I love about the 4th of July. It came down to explosives + beer + BBQ'd meat. The bartender lady seemed to think the ribs ont he plate were sausages.. huh. But she gave me a massive bar tab discount for drawing her, so it worked out.

(Here's a link to the pic...)

Why is this important, other than being a great piece of art? Because I did the same thing today, and it freakin' worked XD

I had my sketchbook with me when me and some friends when to Chili's, and we had a really hot waitress. So I remembered this picture Zack made, and figured I'd shoot for some free food. I used a pose pretty similar to that pic, what with the beer mug and food tray and all that, and it worked! She gave us free dessert, and I gave her the picture as thanks. She said it was the nicest thing she's gotten in the three years she worked there, and I think she had the hots for me too XD

Anyway, thanks for the inspiration, Zack. ^_____^

Hehe ^^ No problem, man. Er. Just for clarification.. that picture was just something cute I wanted to draw.. the actual picture I did over the waitress was given to her. Not that she was any less hot than the picture with the pigtails and skimpy clothes.

You gotta be smoooth about it. Hm. I think a friend of mine and this did this at a strip bar once... but it got to be kind of a bother drawing every girl who wanted a pic' >.<; ..but now that I think about it, every girl that we drew that still worked there remembers me everytime I go in. Hm.

And thank you all for the kind words on the art. I'll try to get around to coloring or.. doing something with those pics'.
Zack Gongaga
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Sakraida82 » Tue May 17, 2005 12:09 am

Such wonderful artists we have.
I'm a Fairy
Sakraida82
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Zack Gongaga » Tue May 17, 2005 7:24 pm

I sketch alot - and it seems to almost always be of.. trying to get character heads right. Seems like I cant do the rest unless I get that just perfect, even face sketching. Here's some examples...

..of a character Im trying to get right for this comic I might draw, with this guy.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v482/ranz ... ketch1.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/v482/ranz ... ketch2.jpg

And this is a few pages of sketches of me trying to get this bunny girl character down.. I wanted to get something in print, and I almost always see Furrlough up on the comic stands were I frequent.. and that's all submission work! So I says to myself 'I can cut a 10->14 page story with furry animal chicks no prob'. Thought up a cheap old story I might do, with this main character.. and here's some attempts at getting something that can pass as the 'Furry' type... it came out as just cute anime bunny girls, but I think thats okay too.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v482/ranz ... ketch1.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/v482/ranz ... ketch2.jpg
(This one had a little catboy thing I was gunna base off of Musa at the bottom right hand)

http://photobucket.com/albums/v482/ranz ... ketch3.jpg
(This was when I sorta gave up, and switched gears playing with a Dragon princess sketch, then near the bottom playing with this thing I read in this story I read off the internet at some point, regarding a guy getting turned into Donkey girl. God knows why that stuck out in my head enough that I actually drew it.)

My biggest problem, as I kinda gave up around the third page, was getting hair that I thought fit the sittuation and character. I might pick this up again later when inspiration strikes.
Zack Gongaga
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Musashi » Tue May 17, 2005 9:14 pm

I LOVE that kitty boy. @_____@ So cuuuuute! XD
Item 1: ShounenAi Badger Badge
2: God of Bishounenkind Badge
3: FtM Badge

"Yer so funny in a harmlessly psychotic way ;-p" - Coru-moose

"You're like a ninja ferret on crack." - Zack

Dubbed "Moon Master" by Kata
Musashi