Zack's Pictorium!

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

Postby Lioconvoy » Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:15 am

Yeah I was looking at your web space. I have a earthlink space too, but it's in even worse shape.

Cool, is there an actual story to that pic?
The White Lion, still the same since May 20, 2003
Lioconvoy
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Sia » Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:00 am

Lioconvoy wrote:.......I don't want to know why you have an opinion on the subject

Well, you're going to find out anyway. :P

I have an opinion because I can have an opinion. I was unaware that it was a crime to have opinions now, but anyway... I am just very annoyed with that anime standard of long hair = cuteness. This applies to both male and female characters, though sometimes they let a short-haired girl be the cute one.

I dunno, it's a major peeve of mine.
~*Sia Kangeki*~

Rappin' is my radio, graffiti is my T.V.
B-boys, keep them windmills breezy...
Sia
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Raijin » Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:10 pm

I prefer sort hair myself, just one to hard to mess with, and three I am lazzy yes their is no number two XD
穏やかな激怒
Raijin
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Nick » Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:04 pm

There's only so much that can be done with short hair (realy short I mean), and most guys with realy short hair end up looking like every other guy with realy short hair.
On girls, which ever. As long as its well-kept and doesn't have that hairsprayed-to-next-tuesday look that was big (litterally) in the 80's.
Zack, those pictures of Claire were so amazingly cute! Like "hug him and squeeze him and call him George" cute. You could make a mini-comic out of them! The only major flaw I see is that sometimes you stretch the arms a little.
meh comic:
[url=http://www.drunkduck.com/Super_Magical_Transformer_Patty/]Super Magical Transformer
P A T T Y
[/url]
Nick
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby griever_tantalus » Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:11 pm

*laughs* Its god to see my favorite victim transformed again :P Personally I like what you did with the hair. You should see the idea through Zack... It already looks more than promising :)
griever_tantalus
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Princess Shiko » Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:28 pm

I vary between short and long hair depending on the weather, whether or not I'm in the mood for either, and when I've last had a haircut.
I generally tend to end up as a long-haired pillock though, thank you very much...
'Nothing can harm a good man in either life or after death'
- Socrates
Princess Shiko
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Zack Gongaga » Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:23 pm

Lio: Yup. Kind of.. Lance has a story I keep revising and making over, sorta. At the moment, I think I was considering a modern day setting with mythological monsters suddenly awakening, and guns and everything being less than effective against them.. hence the oversized weapons and all. I hadn't thought of more than that, other than throwing in elves, and having a cool mental image of an underdressed Lance-chan type riding on top of a cheap VW bug like it was a horse and riding off to kill some dragon. *shrugs*

Nick: Arm stretching, huh? Spose I might have been trying to do the doodles a little too quickly for the right angle of arm to show up. ^^; Ah well.

And.. here's a sketch of that image DC was suggesting being drawn:

http://home.earthlink.net/~seiki666/ima ... ontrol.jpg

Ya got Rena-er....Akeeeemii on the left holding up a dress, the Kuroneko on the right doing the delightfull measuring, and I figured I'd slap a bewildered Kay (The, um.. Tomquick-..er..Nick..quick? Character? o.o; I thiiink? Slightly nerdish seeming catboy? I dunno..) But yah, that's the presketch I finally set up with. Just gotta.. flesh it and ink it...

And DC also suggested I clean that one of Claire up, so I went and done it! Adding a few details hither and yon.

http://home.earthlink.net/~seiki666/ima ... laire4.jpg

I don't know where Athena and I are gunna go with this story idea.. we were discussing it the other day, and finally we decided it started sounding like a Sitcom. That's as far as we is, so far. Yar.

That is all.
Zack Gongaga
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Raijin » Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:30 pm

XD Zack you never fail to impress me.
穏やかな激怒
Raijin
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Sia » Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:31 pm

I agree with Rai-chan. I always look forward to your thread containing new work. :D
~*Sia Kangeki*~

Rappin' is my radio, graffiti is my T.V.
B-boys, keep them windmills breezy...
Sia
MSFer
MSFer

Postby ZeroForever » Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:35 pm

Raijin wrote:XD Zack you never fail to impress me.

agreeded keep up the good work
the anti-thesis of myself... come see, feel, know the truth beyond truths it'll just cost your soul.....
Overlords+Magic+Tropes=TF TG and flying jigglypuffs... among other things
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Coruscate » Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:03 pm

The Claire piece came out very, very nice. Adjust the brightness and contrast on it, and you can drop one tone colors on it for the MSF site :-)

That's up to you though.

As for the other one, I think Akemi looks a bit tomboy-esque, but the pose and expression are right.

And as for Kuroneko?

Puuuuuuurrrrr... you got it spot on kid!

Oh, and you can drop the Miz thing. I'm a man again! Hoorah!
"god knows I don't go through life trying to be normal. Peculiar suits me just fine."
-Xia

Deviant Art
Coruscate
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Nick » Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:07 pm

EEEEEE!!! You always make Kay look so cuuuuuuuute! I'm going to have to draw Kay in that dress now :twisted:
Oh, but Kay wouldn't flinch at scratching someones face off to avoid humiliation, unless that person was a friend of some sort, like Akemi might be if they had ever met. A friend could talk Kay into nearly anything.

Also, why is Akemi a guy? He looks awesome and all, but do you have a deathwish? Though that has to be what guy-Akemi would look like if there ever were to be a guy-Akemi.
The picture of Seph and Claire looks so much better inked. And can't you just see the face of anyone walking into their home and spoting the masamune sword over the mantle? ^_^
meh comic:
[url=http://www.drunkduck.com/Super_Magical_Transformer_Patty/]Super Magical Transformer
P A T T Y
[/url]
Nick
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Coruscate » Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:19 am

Sia wrote:Oh, wahhh.. so he has short hair... you guys saying short-haired guys don't look good? I beg to differ. Short haired guys are way better than long haired guys. Long hair is annoying and it gets in the way of everything. Not to mention that if they don't take care of it right, it's just long and gross and annoying. Short hair > Long hair.

Actually long hair isn't THAT hard to take care of. So if you see someone with mangy looking hair, they REALLY aren't taking care of it. I've got hair down to the middle of my back, no joke. I'm probably going to crop it to just below shoulder length later, especially before I start travelling. Washing it and combing it can be a pain sometimes, actually.
"god knows I don't go through life trying to be normal. Peculiar suits me just fine."
-Xia

Deviant Art
Coruscate
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Zack Gongaga » Sun Mar 21, 2004 4:06 am

Well, I'm glad people are keeping an eye on this string I set up. I admit I'm sort of using it as an excuse to draw regularly, but I've learned sometimes I have to outsmart myself to get myself to do certain things. Like draw regularly.

And ...er..*MISTA* DC! Wam. Glad you got your junk back (for the time being?) The Claire peace... bah. Damndest thing. I have to use different a computer to scan it, then I email it to myself as a jpg and run it through photoshop and do every damn thing I can do to lower the K. And using the 'auto contrast/brightnes' selection like.. cuts the Kilobytes in HALF. Which is what I do in most of the pictures I post. This time.. I did notice it making Seph's side darker (How about that?). >_>; No freaking idea why. But.. I.. submited it already (I figured no one would notice)... ._. Because you todl me to. YOU TOLD ME TO! ;_; Ahem.

Anywaaaaaaaaaaay. YOU'RE RIGHT! I guess I have a thing for tomboys. I didn't have that clear of a mental image of Akemi, so I went all big sweater and pants with her, and tomboy like. But Kuroneko. All cute catgirl. Totally. So.. HEY! That's what rough drafts are for! Maybe I'll give her a skirt in the final ^^;

And... Nick-the-Quick! I haven't really looked up enough info on the Kay, I guess. He just struck me as the push-over-genius type, for some reason. Now that I know he can stand up to people he doesn't know, I shall remember at times when convenient. Errrr.. Akemi wasn't meant to look like a guy >_>; I thought I gave enough hints of boo-..er..brea-..er...chest in the sweater to make it look female. And the tight pants. Hm. Maybe I'll cut it out in the final. I just didnt know what to draw Akemi as. Someone on this AIM chat I was on with some peoples.. I recall miz. Aphy on.. mentioned they looked just like Rena from Star Ocean 2. So I was all 'Err.. I give Rena pants' and a star was born.

That is all.
Zack Gongaga
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Nick » Sun Mar 21, 2004 7:37 pm

Akemi looked male to me because:

1) her face just looked masculine.

2) her hair was messy

3) her chest looked like it was simply very well muscled

4) the legs and thick-looking arms simply added to the "well muscled" thing

5) the leftmost line (from the viewer's perspective) which defines Akemi's chest looked to me as though it were the fabric creasing from Akemi's armpit.

6) no hips

Maybe we should just ask Akemi for a final word on what she looks like. Height, weight ethnicity, build, bust size, hip size, shoulder width, hair color/length/style/type, eye color, nose size, chin type, ear type, apparent age, clothing preferences, inny or outy, left handed or right, etc., etc.(of course, she can feel free to lie)

Kay works on hit-and-run tactics... actually... I don't want to clog your thread with rambling about my characters, so if you ever want to know something about any of my characters for any purpose just IM or PM me.
meh comic:
P A T T Y
[/url]
Nick
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner