Zack's Pictorium!

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

Postby Lioconvoy » Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:32 am

It does kinda look like a hole.

Um howcome you reposted that under Nick?
The White Lion, still the same since May 20, 2003
Lioconvoy
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Nick » Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:49 am

Because Tony wouldn't have noticed all those things. He probably would have noticed that she looks better in her blue jacket than he does in his, and would have written something like,
"Wow! That picture is so cool! Where is that character from anyway? He (she?) has great fashion sense ^_^ "

And because I thought I could do it before anyone noticed. ^_^;;
meh comic:
[url=http://www.drunkduck.com/Super_Magical_Transformer_Patty/]Super Magical Transformer
P A T T Y
[/url]
Nick
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Coruscate » Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:01 am

Nick wrote:The folds in her pants and in her shirt are awesome. The coloring and composition are great, and the background realy helps unify it.

But... the black spot on her neck looks like a hole, and the jacket clings to the underside of her breasts a little too much.

He's right. It's like you have the shadow reversed, the shape of it looks like you drew the highlight rather than the shadow. As for the breast clingage, the left side is the one tha twould be the most clingy, but it wouldn't curve and folder under the brest, it would be more concave, and the other side shouldn't cling at all from the way that jacket must be flowing due to the post.
"god knows I don't go through life trying to be normal. Peculiar suits me just fine."
-Xia

Deviant Art
Coruscate
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Lioconvoy » Tue Mar 23, 2004 3:30 am

Nick wrote:And because I thought I could do it before anyone noticed. ^_^;;

Ahh I see, heh heh heh, I'm quick to read new post in the topic I normally read.
The White Lion, still the same since May 20, 2003
Lioconvoy
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Handmaiden Tanya » Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:03 pm

Jerrick wrote:ummmm... I'm not going to be attacked for asking who this Kyo is am I?

Why yes! YES YOU ARE!! >:F

**tosses down a pillar of flame, then begins punching Jerrick rapidly, ending in a shoulder blow to dragon punch, all the while on fire** THIS IS THE FIST OF THE KUSANAGI!!

Also... Thanks alot Nick. Now all I can see there is a hole, and I'm thinking of that old Anti-Smoking ad with the woman with a hole in her neck she's smoking out of. x_X;
Remember, when concerning art, My Hate = Compliment!
Handmaiden Tanya
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Zack Gongaga » Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:21 pm

Damn... the.. hole... x_x I think I was trying to draw my usual 'shadow under the chin' sure bet. It's usually where I start adding the my dark shadow. I'll.. go back and fix it. As for the abnormal clinging of the jacket to the breasts, well...

uh...

*coughs*...I'm not gunna fix that >:D And ya know? the shadows... the shadows are actually reverse that in the original picture I worked from. I even noticed as I was drawing, that I was doing the opposite. But, uh..

In the meantime! Here's, um... this...

http://home.earthlink.net/~seiki666/ima ... ontrol.jpg

And my sister. Or so.. my evil clone clames to be! >_< *dun dun dun*

http://home.earthlink.net/~seiki666/ima ... tanya2.jpg

Um.. ..all I have to say is, CLING MORE!

(edited: ..Hole? What hole? )
Last edited by Zack Gongaga on Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zack Gongaga
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Raijin » Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:25 pm

Blah Zack so good brings tear to my eye so funny the new version of Kuro Akemi hehe ^^
穏やかな激怒
Raijin
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Nurse Keiri » Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:28 pm

*laughs* That first one is faaaaar too cute...
Before you can fall you have to learn to crawl
You can't see heaven when you're standing tall
To get the whole sky
On the ground you have to lie
Nurse Keiri
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Ninian » Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:33 am

Thanks Zack ^^;; I hope you didn't think badly of me for not having commented until now

Tanya is mega-cute!
Ninian
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Handmaiden Tanya » Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:36 am

Princess Akemi wrote:Tanya is mega-cute!

I think I should put that in my sig. ...Done! :D
Handmaiden Tanya
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Ninian » Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:41 am

I also want to mention that I think that was the most "accurate" Akemi picture I've yet seen in terms of fashion and everything. Drawstring camos, women's shoes... tank... very girly while very tomboy. I feel validated in life ^_^
Ninian
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Coruscate » Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:59 am

Okay, I need to remember to critique other's art with the same eyes as my own work, so here we go Zack.

Kuro & Akemi :

Kuro looks fine for the most part, the shape, angle, balance and expression are all there. The worst part would be the raised hand, but it's so close that your bull-steering works well. The thing that's most wrong of it, is that there is no wrinkling of the skin where the wrist bends. Bend your hand that way, and observe the skin. The other hand is mostly right.

As for Akemi, most everything about her is right, except the arm. The position is right, but the foreshortening is off. Since hand rises just a bit above the shoulder, the angle of the V of the upper arm and forearm should be equal. Raise your forearm as close as you can to your sholder. You'll see that the wrist falls short of the shoulder by maybe an inch or two. Plus the forearm looks like it's cutting into the bicep.

I can see the other shoulder, and is that a hand on the opposite side of her pants? If so make it a ittle bit more obvious. Without that other arm somewhat more visible, it looks like she has no other arm.

Akemi's mouth is a little off center as well, but it's not that obvious so it works.

Athena looks good. But you need some details in the neck. It's hard, but give it a go. Look at the anatomy pic I posted a few days ago, the muscles around the adams apple are more straight than on a man, and closed together. The notch above the rib cage would also help.
"god knows I don't go through life trying to be normal. Peculiar suits me just fine."
-Xia

Deviant Art
Coruscate
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Handmaiden Tanya » Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:02 am

coruscate wrote:Tanya looks good. But you need some details in the neck. It's hard, but give it a go. Look at the anatomy pic I posted a few days ago, the muscles around the adams apple are more straight than on a man, and closed together. The notch above the rib cage would also help.

Heh, I think you guys scared him from neck details after the whole... hole incident. :P
Handmaiden Tanya
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Coruscate » Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:46 am

Zack Gongaga wrote:And a while back, I think.. Stephanie.. wanted me to do this picture of this catgirl thingy of her in a cake of some sort. Which is kind of transformation! I mean, look't her expression! She didn't want none of that.

http://home.earthlink.net/~seiki666/ima ... z/kura.jpg

And here I thought that was supposed to be Stephanie when I first saw it, I guess the name should have clued me in >.>

By the way, are you two related? Or is it a board joke?
-Xia

Deviant Art
Coruscate
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Zack Gongaga » Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:48 am

Oh, I'm going with the 'less is more' philosophy when it comes to drawing necks for a while >_>;

The hands looked a little better in my pre-sketch.. ._. I may have gone overboard with these new pens I got. Or the scan. Either way, you're right. The kitty girl hand is off some.

And the problem with Akemi's pose is that after I redrew her, I just kind of quick sketched her. Ah well ^^; Drawing things at an angle is always tough. I'll have to rethink things the next time I end up drawing a pose like that. Which will probably be often, considering the pose is one of those ones I've gotten to do several times

Err... the related thing is a board joke, kinda. It kind of went from evil clone, to little sister. Not much of a change, I suppose!
Zack Gongaga
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner