Zack's Pictorium!

Stories~! Art~! CREATIVITY~! Anything the creative juices in your brain might happen to create is welcome here~!

Moderator: Raleigh

Postby Coruscate » Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:12 am

Zack Gongaga wrote:Oh, I'm going with the 'less is more' philosophy when it comes to drawing necks for a while >_>;

Like hands, keep drawing them or you'll never get it right.

Less is more with women in general anyway, and if you hang out here... well... you'll be drawing a lot of femals.

Zack Gongaga wrote:The hands looked a little better in my pre-sketch.. ._. I may have gone overboard with these new pens I got. Or the scan. Either way, you're right. The kitty girl hand is off some.

Draw a separate sketch and see if you can get is straight. Draw it much larger. Heck, draw a few sketches of your own hand in different positions.

Zack Gongaga wrote:And the problem with Akemi's pose is that after I redrew her, I just kind of quick sketched her. Ah well ^^; Drawing things at an angle is always tough. I'll have to rethink things the next time I end up drawing a pose like that. Which will probably be often, considering the pose is one of those ones I've gotten to do several times

Try doing what I did with the Sia sketch. have access to a lightbox? Draw a skeleton over it and see what you can do. Now you don't have to do it with this pic, but it does help. It helped me out a lot. Sometimes by forcing yourself to draw the things that you don't see in the drawing, you can help straighten the things that you do see.

Zack Gongaga wrote:Err... the related thing is a board joke, kinda. It kind of went from evil clone, to little sister. Not much of a change, I suppose!

Oh, got it!
"god knows I don't go through life trying to be normal. Peculiar suits me just fine."
-Xia

Deviant Art
Coruscate
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Xia » Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:05 am

more more more!
~Between Sanity and Madness lies Genius
Between Genius and Madness I come~
Xia
Sensei
Sensei

Postby Zack Gongaga » Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:35 pm

So, little sis suggested I work up some Final Fantasy TG pictures, starting with 7 and working my way up, because she's doing 1-6, or something. So I said 'okay', and did some pen sketching today while getting the setup stuff all setup to go on some private RO server with 10x exp and drop rate *_*;;

This is what I figured would happen if Barret went all woman. Notice the egg beater arm. Funny story! I did three predrawings of this, and each one ended up with Barret having chesticles that would put Tifa's to shame. It.. didn't seem right.

http://home.earthlink.net/~seiki666/ima ... barret.jpg

Um.. Red, if he was human, and a chick with stuff. And Cid lighting her manly cigarette on the flaming extension.

http://home.earthlink.net/~seiki666/ima ... ed&cid.jpg

I really liked that picture on the MSF main page that Meglopmaniac did, of like.. Cloud in the hooters outfit with Seph in a dress and all doing things. So I did Seph in that style. Because the idea rocked.

http://home.earthlink.net/~seiki666/ima ... F/seph.jpg

And Vincent looking angry, and armed, and arrogant.
http://home.earthlink.net/~seiki666/ima ... incent.jpg

Uh.. there's a lady bug in your hair! (Get it out, get it out!) *clames 1000 dollar bill* ...(You're a good friend v_v) The best you'll ever have.

The end.
Zack Gongaga
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Raijin » Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:42 pm

Haha notice barret had a egg beater for a gun that SO funny, oh and P.S LOVE the new avatar XD
穏やかな激怒
Raijin
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Coruscate » Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:49 pm

Chesticles?!?!?!

*AHEM*

Barret - cool. The problem with the arms, is that they are cylinders, they don't look like arms. I mean, you're good, don't get me wrong. But a little more detail will kick your stuff up a lot!

Oh, and Barret doesn't look ethnic ^^

Red XIII - Hands are very cool. The chest in relation to the hips is wrong. It's like the rib cage has somehow disconnected from the spine a bit, and the shoulders don't match up with where they should be in relation to the rib cage. Expression and pose are good, in spite of that.

Cid - Pose is good, but smokers don't hold cigarettes in their fist, stop cheating XD

The rest is good though.

Sophiaroth - Cool. But the far shoulder is jutted too far out, that and the angle of the tray is just wrong... that drink would be on the floor. And the hand that's pointing down... it looks deformed. But the pose and facial expression are awesome.

Vincent - Oh yeah! Best of all 5.
"god knows I don't go through life trying to be normal. Peculiar suits me just fine."
-Xia

Deviant Art
Coruscate
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Zack Gongaga » Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:17 am

coruscate wrote:Chesticles?!?!?!

*AHEM*

Barret - cool. The problem with the arms, is that they are cylinders, they don't look like arms. I mean, you're good, don't get me wrong. But a little more detail will kick your stuff up a lot!

Oh, and Barret doesn't look ethnic ^^

Hm.. I dunno.. >_> I totally don't see cylinders in the arms. I did notice I added extra muscle tone in the arm as a result of looking at a Barret picture while I was doing it but... ._. Hnn. Eh, the part I dislike most about that picture is the butt, really. And the chest was slightly uneven. Its kind of interesting that you'd look at the arms and say they're off, and I'd look at the rest of it. o_O; Human perception is a fascinating thing!

coruscate wrote:Red XIII - Hands are very cool. The chest in relation to the hips is wrong. It's like the rib cage has somehow disconnected from the spine a bit, and the shoulders don't match up with where they should be in relation to the rib cage. Expression and pose are good, in spite of that.

Cid - Pose is good, but smokers don't hold cigarettes in their fist, stop cheating XD

The rest is good though.

Hehe.. wait.. they don't? >_> I probably wont notice half of what you're seeing wrong with it until like a month later, when I'm not familiar with the picture. Or if I hold it up to the light and look at it backwards. That's a good way to tell if things are off... and.. and...and.. what's wrong with cheating??!! A W's a W, man! ;_; *runs*

coruscate wrote:Sophiaroth - Cool. But the far shoulder is jutted too far out, that and the angle of the tray is just wrong... that drink would be on the floor. And the hand that's pointing down... it looks deformed. But the pose and facial expression are awesome.

...Hehehehe.. Sophiaroth.. nice one, DC. Yes, the arm does look off. I kind of started this one off with a new ballpoint pen so the.. I dunno.. I wasnt used to it yet, so the picture came out off. My old one I was used to ran off half way through Vincent's torso >_<

I dunno, though.. the shoulder pads are rather longish.. so the shoulder looks okay to me. Its the rest of the arm that looks off. And the skirt is kinda of messy. o_o If I actually did a final draft of this, I would probably fix those arms and the tray. It'd be a shame to let that beer go to waste ;_;

coruscate wrote:Vincent - Oh yeah! Best of all 5.

Eh >_> The butt looks off to me.And it's kind of messier than all the others.. I was thinking, instead of actually drawing it I could just post a link to a picture of that cyborg bounty hunter chick from Wild Arms 3, and hope DC doesn't notice. BWAHAHAHAHAA...ha.
Zack Gongaga
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Coruscate » Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:57 am

Zack Gongaga wrote:Hm.. I dunno.. >_> I totally don't see cylinders in the arms. I did notice I added extra muscle tone in the arm as a result of looking at a Barret picture while I was doing it but... ._. Hnn. Eh, the part I dislike most about that picture is the butt, really. And the chest was slightly uneven. Its kind of interesting that you'd look at the arms and say they're off, and I'd look at the rest of it. o_O; Human perception is a fascinating thing!

There's a little tone in the upper arms, it's the forearms that throw it. Even in girls, who have the least definition there, the arms taper down as you near the wrist. There's no tapering in your image.

Wacky_zacky wrote:Hehe.. wait.. they don't? >_> I probably wont notice half of what you're seeing wrong with it until like a month later, when I'm not familiar with the picture. Or if I hold it up to the light and look at it backwards. That's a good way to tell if things are off...

Hmmm... I'll have to try that last one sometime.

Zack_the_lego_maniac wrote:..Hehehehe.. Sophiaroth.. nice one, DC.

Not my idea, that's an old one from when there used to be a shrine for Sophiaroth somewhere.

Zakamundo wrote:Eh >_> The butt looks off to me.And it's kind of messier than all the others..

The messiness fits the character. As for the torso, you're right, it's too thin. Still looks good though.
-Xia

Deviant Art
Coruscate
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Verios » Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:30 am

*blinks at the FF stuff* Well I can't really give any pointers or nothing, but I like them. ^^; Although I honestly am more of fan of TF's that have the regular clothing as close as possible. Although with Red I could see that being impossible... But I like Cid the best out of them myself... *shrug*
Verios
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby griever_tantalus » Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:19 am

Wow... quantity AND quality. How do you do it? :)

Even though I dabble in 'the art', I'm not much of acritic, sad to say. I like the 'Baretta' pic the best though, simply because she's just, so... different :) And of course, who can top the egg beater? :P But all of them were really good, capturing the essence of their characters in their poses (well except for Red, who didnt really have all that much character IMHO :P)

If you're still doing FF 7 though - please _don't_ do Cait Sith :P Rufus Shinra is just begging for a change though... as are the Turks ^_^
griever_tantalus
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Ninian » Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:43 am

Kanon from Wild ARMs 2 = female Vincent

>_>

Too bad the game sucks, but that's the most I'll say
Ninian
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Xia » Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:08 am

griever wrote:please _don't_ do Cait Sith

how do you tf a genderless character? or, if not genderless, then very androgenous.

oh well.

Absafreakinglutelygreatspifftacular pictures there Zack.

Sephy-chans expression was great, and Vincent looked the best out of all of them.

Barret and Cid were cool, and Red XIII was pretty neat as well.

i feel like saying it twice.

Absafreakinglutelygreatspifftacular pictures there Zack.
~Between Sanity and Madness lies Genius
Between Genius and Madness I come~
Xia
Sensei
Sensei

Postby griever_tantalus » Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:52 am

*laughs* Legacy, just take a look at some of the Midnight Bliss victims in the Darkstalkers game... If Sasquatch could be TGed, so could Cait Sith :P
griever_tantalus
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby ZeroForever » Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:26 am

true that but then agian sasquatch was established as a male, quizol (the robot) was also tfed though so anything is possible.
caitsith tfed i would think would be a catgirl in the moggle or whatever that thing was that the cat sat on suit or a hybrid of the 2.
the anti-thesis of myself... come see, feel, know the truth beyond truths it'll just cost your soul.....
Overlords+Magic+Tropes=TF TG and flying jigglypuffs... among other things
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Zack Gongaga » Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:28 am

Actually, Griever, that's what I was thinking of doing something along the lines of. Like Sasquach kinda got put into the cute girl wearing pajama's and the giant Sasquach outfit. I was thinkin fo doing something like that with Cait Sith. Or, at least, a girl in a tight mog outfit.

That was the one, Akemi! Kanon from WA2 ^^ Yeaaaah. I liked her. I actually liked alot of the characters in that game, and the whole 'super demon hero' thing the main guy did.. and that prisoner with the giant freaking weapons! And the little Battle Athletes like magician girl.... OH! And Anastasia and the wolf. Man, were they cool. The only thing that turned me off from the game were some of the larger dungeons and Millenium puzzles. @_@; God I hated those.
Zack Gongaga
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Verios » Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:42 pm

RAWR Leave Reno alone. :{ *hugs the red haired lazy Bish*

I'd like to see what Squall and Seifer might look like myself... Oh oh! Zell! Do Zell! XD
Verios
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner