One small blarg for man, One Gient Blarg for Man kind.

When a picture inspires the mind and a story forms within.

Moderator: Raleigh

Postby Lucky » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:57 pm

Nina Anilina wrote:Interesting to note that Lucky's captions here display one of the most obvious trends of improvement I've yet seen. The earlier captions, while following themes I go for anyway, completely pale to the later ones. Actually, if I had seen some of the themes Lucky uses, I probably wouldn't have needed to make that one post where I figured I was alone in some of my darker interests.

There are some sexist elements in the captions, but nothing too severe, more hinting at the author's state of mind than any conscious attempt to misportray the female gender (and far and away not the worst offender). I notice a definite preference for large breasts, too, but it's a harmless preference.

It's worth noting Lucky throws in a great variety with caption "types". Some are simply a transformation, some are someone "explaining" their transformation, some are stories, some are just meant to be humorous one-shots. It's an above average showing, for sure. This is where the trend is most obvious, compare the writing of the earlier ones compared to later ones in terms of what is said, how much is said, and even basic grammar improvements.

I should note that I have a definite bias in favor of Lucky, due to an unusually high number of captions playing to themes I love (the Dryavoska family, the boys being transformed into chinese waitresses one by one while watching in fear, the second person rain, the statuette, and even some of the earlier Aeternal-likes -- all of which are now in my personal collection)

I'm glade you enjoyed my captions, and that you to share the same taste in themes I do. I too thought I was the only one who enjoyed more darker captions also. I'm also glade to hear that I've improved. ^^ That is hands down the best and most helpful comments I've received yet.I also feel really proud to here you liked them so much.

I also just want to state I have nothing but respect for the female gender. Almost to the point of envy. But that's another story.
^^;;;
Lucky
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Ninian » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:19 pm

*nods* The "sexist element" I mentioned is actually damn hard to avoid, if you'll pardon the swear, due to the sensitive issue of gender in the modern world and our fetish being sensationalized gender differences. So please don't beat yourself up over it, I just wanted to make you aware.

And yeah, you've probably made one of the most notable improvement trends of anyone here with your first captions being mostly mediocre (but having the themes I love) and your later ones being some of the best here. I guess the best I can say to you is to "keep doing what you're doing".

I hope Mike is doing all right in his new life as a Mikuru statuette along with her friends. I'm sure she hasn't spoken up any complaints... or spoken at all, for that matter.
Ninian
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Lucky » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:28 pm

Nina Anilina wrote:*nods* The "sexist element" I mentioned is actually damn hard to avoid, if you'll pardon the swear, due to the sensitive issue of gender in the modern world and our fetish being sensationalized gender differences. So please don't beat yourself up over it, I just wanted to make you aware.

And yeah, you've probably made one of the most notable improvement trends of anyone here with your first captions being mostly mediocre (but having the themes I love) and your later ones being some of the best here. I guess the best I can say to you is to "keep doing what you're doing".

I hope Mike is doing all right in his new life as a Mikuru statuette along with her friends. I'm sure she hasn't spoken up any complaints... or spoken at all, for that matter.

I'm one of my worst critics, so hearing something from some one eals, esipacly helpful criticem helps me out ALOT. ^^

Also I'm sure Mikuru is loving her new situation. No longer have to eat, Work, worry about how she looks, Deal with tax collectors, ect. I'm sure she's having a blast.
;)
Lucky
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Lucky » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:48 pm

New captions!

There are spoess to be two more after these ones to continue the story. Got the images all together and everything. Just haven't had the chance to put them together or have my heart in it at the time. So I figured I'd post what I got till I get the other half together.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/Da ... irl001.png
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/Da ... l002-1.png
Lucky
MSFer
MSFer

Postby jimmyinwhite » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:12 pm

Lucky wrote:New captions!

There are spoess to be two more after these ones to continue the story. Got the images all together and everything. Just haven't had the chance to put them together or have my heart in it at the time. So I figured I'd post what I got till I get the other half together.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/Da ... irl001.png
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/Da ... l002-1.png

what happened to Otto?
i walk in the land of dreams looking for the truth
test to find out who you are!
jimmyinwhite
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Sasha » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:23 pm

jimmyinwhite wrote:
what happened to Otto?

i think we will find out later. but its a good series lucky continue it :D
Sasha
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:56 pm

Intriguing premise, here. Any particular reason why the androids have to be female? If you aren't already planning to cover that in future captions, I'd recommend doing so. The story is so much more complete if there's a concrete reason why, in instances such as these.
Adding to the magical kitten girl army...one huggle at a time mraa
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Postby Katty » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:00 am

I gotta know what happened to Otto as well, but it seems like a good story to start.

=^-^=
Beware the magic pencil!
Katty
MSFer
MSFer

Location: My own universe where my pencil is the supreme power!

Postby Ninian » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:31 am

Awesome as usual, Lucky. Long enough to be really interesting, but concise and articulate.

Not to mention the story is neat.

EDIT: You have a point Guendolen, but the same could be said of androids in anime in general. Very rarely is there any good explanation why they're specifically female-looking, especially when their shape has nothing to do with their real function, such as in Chobits. This isn't always the case though, Persona 3, despite being a setting where an android was really out of place, had a damn good explanation for why their fighting machine was so convincingly female-ish.

Though why a converted human would become female, due to that being a probably longer process? Good question, but I find it stimulates my imagination.
Ninian
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Lucky » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:01 pm

Guendolen wrote:Intriguing premise, here. Any particular reason why the androids have to be female? If you aren't already planning to cover that in future captions, I'd recommend doing so. The story is so much more complete if there's a concrete reason why, in instances such as these.

Maby the guys working at the department of defence are perverts? My explnation is that they were meant to be peace keepers, so would you really want to shoot the denty looking yet super strong robot lady sent to help your people? Not to mention the shock at her getting up after being shout and throwing a car at you or something.

XP

I'm glade you all realy liked my captions and the story I have made so far.

^^
Lucky
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Lucky » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:19 pm

I was bored and wanted to make a silly one off caption. The other is me finaly meating my goal of makeing at lest one decent nurse caption.
O_____O

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/Da ... o_maid.png
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/Da ... _nurse.png

I shall finish the story of what happens to otto as soon as I have more time to pull that together. I got the images, just need to bring out the words.
=D

Then I hope to move onto some silly/funny captions.
Lucky
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 pm

I had a hard time reading the blue text on the nurse one. It blended too well into the background color chosen, I'm afraid.... The first one made me laugh, though. It reminded me of a scene in the old "Sleeping Beauty" movie, oddly enough. The two faeries, Flora and Merriweather, were arguing over the right color for the special dress they were making for Aurora's sixteenth birthday (to tell her she was really a princess). Flora wanted pink, Merriweather blue. They were dueling back and forth just like this. It made me giggle. :)
Adding to the magical kitten girl army...one huggle at a time mraa
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Postby Katty » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:55 am

I agree with Guen. You should change the text color. I could still read it, but it was kinda hard. None the less, I did like the back and forth in the first caption. I know times when I get in talks like that. Not for maids and bikini girls, but just when two minds who wants their own ways clash.

=^-^=
Beware the magic pencil!
Katty
MSFer
MSFer

Location: My own universe where my pencil is the supreme power!

Postby Lucky » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:34 pm

I didn't know what other colour to ues, so it would not blend in too bad but still be able to tell what goes with who.
>.<

I sould of saved the PDS file so it would of been easy to fix. When I have time I'll do that right away.
x.x
Lucky
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Cutey Kerina » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:57 pm

*randomly hugs* THANK YOU! ^^ For you lovely and inspiring captions *bows*
http://photobucket.com/albums/v340/Majorkerina/ Kashimashi here in "Zappy Manga"
"I'm begging you. Establish context before you start talking." - Kyon
Cutey Kerina
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to Caption Images