Anthem City: Fall of the Possum

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: Anthem City: Fall of the Possum

Postby Harri-chan » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:56 am

The sense of relief that came over Georgia when she heard that she was in the same class as Dana for first period was quite a suprise. All those years spent thinking she was an independent adult, and now she found herself feeling like she needed someone to hide her, wether it was Amanda, Suzie or now Dana.

"That's awesome", she grinned, starting to relax a little more as she tugged her back pack over her shoulder. "So where did you used to live?", she asked as she waited for the other girl to gather her things. "You can't have only moved from France six months ago, your English is perfect!".

She'd never really thought about it before, but meeting new people was a very rare thing in her old life. It would only be when the company took on new hires, as her social life didn't extend beyond occasionally hanging out with Amanda and Suzie.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:49 pm

"Ahh, very smart! We moved to this country when I was 8. For two years we lived in Rhapsody City, but my father moved us here because of work." Dana explains as she picks up her stylish purple backpack and puts it on, leading Georgia into the halls which are filling fast with students!
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:25 am

Georgia's mouth fell open as she heard Dana had lived in Rhapsody city. That was the home of her favourite super heroine of all time. Golden Girl was retired now, her secret identity revealed, and hosted a primetime talk show on TV. She'd been nothing like the sort of alternative heroes Georgia had admired later in life, and had she now been a character in a comic book it would have probably driven her mad reading about this near invulnerable woman, but to a six year old Georgia she was the very definition of awesome! Blonde, with a figure to die for, clad in a tight, golden minidress, with matching boots and cape, she'd be able to fly, possessed super strength and impenetrable skin.

After a moment stuck daydreaming, Georgia hurried to keep pace with the cheerleader, "Did you ever meet Golden Girl?", she blurted, not thinking that perhaps her interest in comic books and super heroes might conflict with the world of cheerleading which she wished to become a part of it (in order to eventually get back into the world of comic book super heroes). Desperate to avoid losing Dana, she stuck really close to the other girl as larger students bustled passed her, their brief nudges sending her stumbling about.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:59 pm

Dana grins and nods.

"My dad is one of her sponsors, so yeah I did! Jealous~?"

Finally, they reach the home ec room! A very large white room with multiple ovens, stoves and cabinets at the back with tables and stools at the front.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:39 pm

"So jealous... ", groaned Georgia. Not that she'd exactly been struggling to come across as a teenager, but for a moment, she was wrapped up in the nostalgia from such an important part of her childhood, and it felt like just being a little kid again and one of her friends had just got a Golden Girl trading card in a pack of bubblegum. Now there was even more reason to hold this young cheerleader in such high regard.

Looking around the room at all the ovens, she chewed her bottom lip. There had been plenty to be nervous about when thinking about her 'first day of school', but she hadn't been expecting them to go straight for her greatest weakness in the very first class. "You any good at this class?", she asked Dana as she followed the girl all the way to a stool.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:20 pm

Dana giggles and pats Georgia on the shoulder.

"A geeky cheerleader huh?"

She sits at one of the tables, again pulling out the chair next to her for Georgia
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:29 pm

Georgia blushed a little, but found herself unable to wipe the smile off her face as Dana giggled, "Something like that ... ", she murmured, sliding her back pack down to the floor before taking a seat beside her new friend. Maybe it would be possible to be on the cheering squad without hiding her inner geek away from public view after all. "I'm not great with computers or anything like that, but I really love super heroes".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:39 pm

"Ahh, I see! Who's your favorite still-active one then?" Dana asks as she fishes out her Home Ec notebook from her bag along with a purple gel pen. Georgia can see that Dana's handwriting is neat and loopy, all written in classy purple ink.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:49 pm

"Mm, that's a tough one ... ", she said as she took out her brand new pens and pencils. Truthfully, Georgia had simply been jealous of most current super heroes, rather than admire them as she'd done as a kid. She just about managed to contain the urge to blurt out the name of the Possum, her brown eyes looking over at Dana's pretty handwriting as she thought about the question. "Do you have a favourite?'.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:03 pm

"Ehh, I don't really keep up with superhero stuff." Dana says with a shrug.

The teacher, an older woman with graying hair tied back in a ponytail, a pair of glasses on her face and wearing a woolen cardigan with a cotton skirt takes her place at the front of the class.

"All right dears, today we'll be making brownies. I know we have a new student, a 'Georgia Hepkins.' Dearie, just find someone to work with and stick with them okay?"
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:08 pm

Georgia made a note to get back to Dana with an answer to her question after putting some thought into who Georgia Hepkins would admire. It was just about then that she heard her new name being spoken out loud, and despite the embarrassment of having all the attention for a moment or two, she felt her chest swell with pride at that surname. Nodding to the teacher, she then gave Dana a grin, "Hope you don't mind if I stick with you... I gotta warn you though, I'm not a great cook".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:57 pm

"Aww it's fine, I'm good enough for the both of us!" Dana says as she removes her blazer and nearly folds it.

"Can you get us some aprons? They're on the hooks by the door."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:58 am

Following Dana, Georgia wriggled out of her red blazer, and then nodded before making her way over to the door. She got in the line for the aprons, slowly shuffling forward until it was her turn to reach up ad take two from the hooks. She wondered what Suzie was up to, and Amanda. In fact, she started to wonder what her old office was like this morning, if anyone had noticed she wasn't there! Heading back to Dana, she offers an apron to the girl, "These okay?".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:28 am

By the time she gets to the hooks, the boys in the class have snagged all the gender neutral aprons, leaving only the frilly ones or ones with feminine colors. Dana takes the dark purple apron, leaving Georgia with a frilly bright yellow one.

"Perfect! Let's get cooking."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:17 am

Georgia slipped the apron around herself, tying the strings into a bow behind her back. It was probably a good thing that she had no way of seeing her reflection or she wouldn't have been able to stop blushing all through the class! "I thought of my favourite super hero", she said once done. "Princess Power!". In the grand scheme of things, Princess Power wasn't really a top tier Hero, but going off the things Amanda and Suzie had decided Georgia Hepkins liked, such as Hello Kitty and huge amounts of pink, she was a good fit.

Popular opinion was that the Princess was in her late teens, and to look at her you'd think she was the one that needed saving, with her dainty, ballet dance like frame and frilly, petticoat filled dresses, but somehow she'd developed super strength, and could wipe out a gang of five large men without breaking a sweat.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying