Anthem City: Fall of the Possum

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: Anthem City: Fall of the Possum

Postby Blaze » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:09 am

"You think so? I dunno... you're into this kind of stuff Georgia, why do female superheroes always wear skin tight outfits?"

Dana rummages through the cupboards at their workbench and starts taking out the ingredients needed for brownies.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:02 am

"Well, for some of them, it helps their movement, and gives the bad guys less to grab on to. It's purely functional", she said with a nod. "But others... ", she began, and already had started to blush, "... just like to show off what a nice figure they have. It helps them get popular I guess", she explained as she started taking out her own ingredients from the cupboard. A skin tight outfit certainly hadn't helped the Possum gain any popularity she thought to herself with a frown.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:54 pm

"Ahh, I see." Dana says in a tone that implies that she only half cares. She puts some butter in a bowl, places a paper towel over it and throws it into the microwave.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:58 pm

Georgia didn't seem bothered that her new cheerleading friend wasn't too interested in super heroes, she was just relieved that she still wanted to even be her friend after finding Georgia was quite obsessed by the subject. Doing her best to follow Dana, she soon had her own bowl in a microwave too.

"So... uh... what are the cheerleading uniforms like?", she asked, hoping to retain the pretty girl's interest.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:19 pm

Dana immediately grins as she takes the melted butter out out the microwave and pours it into a bowl, adding brown sugar and mixing it all together.

"Oh they are marvelous~ We juniors wear a red halter top with the school's name across the breast with shorts, thigh high socks and custom sneakers! You'll be able to see them soon I'm sure."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:59 am

Georgia felt herself grin too as she saw Dana's excitement. "Shorts, huh?". Well that was one way to get around her embarrassing problem with skirts! Mixing sugar into her own bowl, she leaned down to sniff the contents, and the compared what she had so far to Dana. "Does mine look right to you?".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:22 am

Dana takes some eggs and crack them into the mixture, stirring them in with a fork.

"Looks fine so far~"
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:41 am

Georgia went to do the same, but rather than crack her egg on the edge of the bowl, she crushed it. Not only did half of the egg go all over the table, but the half that ended up on the bowl had pieces of shell in it! "Crap!", she groaned, still clutching a few small pieces of broken shell in her fingers.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:23 am

Dana giggles and helps Georgia pick the shells from the mixture.

"Don't panic, it can be saved hon." ^^
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:14 am

"My auntie is so good at this. I guess talents don't always get passed down through genes", she sighed, giving Dana an apologetic smile as the girl helped her clear up the mess. "Thanks".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:51 pm

"Not a problem. Here, let me show you the best way to do it."

Dana takes an egg and lightly taps it on the counter's edge until the top, middle and bottom of the egg is cracked. Holding it over Georgia's bowl, she digs her thumbs into the middle of the cracks and pulls the shell apart, allowing the egg to fall into the mix.

"Now you try."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:47 am

Georgia wrote down some notes as Dana showed her the correct way to break an egg, and gave a nervous nod when the girl told her to try again. Taking another egg, she brought her bowl closer, and then gently tapped the egg on the counter's edge before lifting it over the bowl... pausing a moment, drawing breath, and then dug her thumb in and pulled it apart. Success!
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:50 pm

"Yeah, that's the stuff! To be safe, do another one. Better to have too much egg in them than too little." Dana says, handing Georgia another egg.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:55 pm

Georgia nodded, her face a mask of concentration as she took the second egg, and tapped it carefully again, before breaking it over her bowl. "I can't wait to tell Auntie Amanda about this", she smiled as she set the shells aside. In the few days she'd had to think about coming back to school, she'd never thought she'd actually learn anything new, especially not so soon!
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:02 pm

Dana smiles. "You should save her some brownies then. Now we sift in cocoa, flower and salt."

Dana gathers the ingredients.

"Ah, I forgot! Georgia, could you get two baking trays please?"
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying