Stage Select Bar and Grill

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Stage Select Bar and Grill

Postby muffinstud » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:57 pm

Blaze wrote:Alex grins and takes out what looks like a business card, slapping it on the counter.

"My card~" ^^

Harri-chan wrote:Baffled by Alex possessing business cards, Elliot shook his head, loose blonde hair flopping about. "Nice to meet you, Roll. I'm Elliot", he said, finishing off the shake while watching her work. "What kind of help? I have no idea what a transistor is... I won't have to be around the robots, will I?", he asked, sounding nervous again.

Roll slides the card back. "I hope robots aren't a problem for either of you... since I am one. As for help, I just remembered something you could do for me." She sets her glass down. "Some of my friends are missing, and I can't get a hold of them. I can send you to their last known locations with the teleporter in back. I have a feeling we'll need to warm it up here soon anyways."

Ookalf wrote:Ha... Ack! *Ookalf manages to duck under the thrown sword, but doesn't react in time to do anything about the charging robot and gets knocked backed!*

Ookalf finds himself smothered in robot. Fortunately for him, it only has the one arm, and it's long enough that its thrashing hits more dirt than him. Still, the thing packs a wallop. He's close enough he might be able to overhear the conversation between the two women about hitting them in the eyes.

Jello Shot Mischa wrote:Maxwell nods. "Revising targeting parameters," she murmurs, taking a moment to examine the newcomer. "You seem familiar with these robots. Can you provide any additional information regarding their origins and capabilities?" she finally asks.

The woman nods. "The big ones we call Crazy Razy. They're relentless, and smarter than they look. The little guys with the shield are Sniper Joes. Nothing gets past the shield, but they're easy to pick off by flanking them. They expose themselves when thy attack as well." She tilts her head at Maxwell. "What I want to know, is how do you have plasma weaponry? I thought we were the only ones here with that technology."
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Ookalf » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:17 pm

muffinstud wrote:Ookalf finds himself smothered in robot. Fortunately for him, it only has the one arm, and it's long enough that its thrashing hits more dirt than him. Still, the thing packs a wallop. He's close enough he might be able to overhear the conversation between the two women about hitting them in the eyes.

Ugh... Huh? *Hearing the nearby conversation on how to fight these things, Ookalf braces himself and throws a punch right between the robo-torso's eyes, hoping whoever's there knows what they're talking about!*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:39 pm

Elliot went rather pale, and for a moment, he just stared at Roll with quite a fearful look upon his face. He glanced back toward the doors, as if considering what was out there, before groaning under his breath and looking back to the pretty girl, "Are there gonna be more robots at those places?", he asked, sounding somewhat timid.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:04 pm

muffinstud wrote:The woman nods. "The big ones we call Crazy Razy. They're relentless, and smarter than they look. The little guys with the shield are Sniper Joes. Nothing gets past the shield, but they're easy to pick off by flanking them. They expose themselves when thy attack as well." She tilts her head at Maxwell. "What I want to know, is how do you have plasma weaponry? I thought we were the only ones here with that technology."

Maxwell nods at the explanation. "I will update my threat assessments and revise the recommended tactics accordingly." She pauses. "Our forces are equipped with weapons developed from technology that originated in regions most citizens here are unfamiliar with. My cannon is a prototype armor-portable system derived from the primary weaponry used on our hovertanks. A muon weapon would likely achieve better armor penetration, but is very energy intensive and requires incredible precision in its use. Thus, part of my current assignment is to test new systems to determine their battlefield effectiveness."

She glances at the troops with the shields. "Those are the Sniper Joes? You say their shielding is highly effective..."
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Blaze » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:27 pm

"Robots! I can fight robots! They're like people, but I don't have to feel super bummed when I melt them!" Alex says happily, giving Roll a thumbs up
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby muffinstud » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:32 am

Harri-chan wrote:Elliot went rather pale, and for a moment, he just stared at Roll with quite a fearful look upon his face. He glanced back toward the doors, as if considering what was out there, before groaning under his breath and looking back to the pretty girl, "Are there gonna be more robots at those places?", he asked, sounding somewhat timid.

"My friends are robots, so yes. Not all robots are evil or scary, okay? Some of us are nice people that just want to take care of our families." She gives Elliot a smile.

Blaze wrote:"Robots! I can fight robots! They're like people, but I don't have to feel super bummed when I melt them!" Alex says happily, giving Roll a thumbs up

"And since my friends are family... no melting. Got it?" She points at Alex and gives her a stern look.

Ookalf wrote:Ugh... Huh? *Hearing the nearby conversation on how to fight these things, Ookalf braces himself and throws a punch right between the robo-torso's eyes, hoping whoever's there knows what they're talking about!*

He lands the punch square between the robot's eyes... and they shatter! The robot falls to the ground and is still. Huh. That would have come in handy earlier.

Jello Shot Mischa wrote:
Maxwell nods at the explanation. "I will update my threat assessments and revise the recommended tactics accordingly." She pauses. "Our forces are equipped with weapons developed from technology that originated in regions most citizens here are unfamiliar with. My cannon is a prototype armor-portable system derived from the primary weaponry used on our hovertanks. A muon weapon would likely achieve better armor penetration, but is very energy intensive and requires incredible precision in its use. Thus, part of my current assignment is to test new systems to determine their battlefield effectiveness."

She glances at the troops with the shields. "Those are the Sniper Joes? You say their shielding is highly effective..."

"Yes it is..." The woman blinks and looks Maxwell over again. "You... you're a prototype?" Her voice seems shaky, and she places a hand over her chest. "They haven't tested anything unstable on you, have they?"
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Ookalf » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:38 pm

muffinstud wrote:He lands the punch square between the robot's eyes... and they shatter! The robot falls to the ground and is still. Huh. That would have come in handy earlier.

...Thank you, whoever said that... *Ookalf retrieves his sword and looks around for whoever else is fighting these robots.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Blaze » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:36 pm

"But how can I tell which is totally the good robots and which is the dumb bad~? Are the good ones as pretty as you?" @__@ Alex asks as she tilts her head.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:10 pm

Elliot didn't seem convinced, watching Roll hesitantly. "Are you going to come too?", he asked, before frowning when Alex started unintentionally flirting with the girl.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:55 pm

muffinstud wrote:"Yes it is..." The woman blinks and looks Maxwell over again. "You... you're a prototype?" Her voice seems shaky, and she places a hand over her chest. "They haven't tested anything unstable on you, have they?"

Maxwell tilts her head slightly at the woman's response. "Yes," she finally answers, "I am the third prototype in my series, although all systems are stable enough to be ready for field testing." She pauses a moment to process the second question. "The majority of technologies utilized in my design have been derived from successful previous designs, including the EDU and SIBLING developments. While the potential for significant instabilities does exist, it is unlikely any serious issues remain after extensive laboratory testing."

She pauses again, studying the woman. "Does this concern you?" she finally asks, a curious tone in her voice.
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby muffinstud » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:07 pm

Blaze wrote:"But how can I tell which is totally the good robots and which is the dumb bad~? Are the good ones as pretty as you?" @__@ Alex asks as she tilts her head.

Roll blushes. "Not usually. Although, some of the bad ones are pretty too. The best way to tell them apart is to tell which ones try to kill you. Those are usually the bad ones."

Harri-chan wrote:Elliot didn't seem convinced, watching Roll hesitantly. "Are you going to come too?", he asked, before frowning when Alex started unintentionally flirting with the girl.

She shakes her head. "No, I have to hold down the fort. I'm not really a good combatant anyways. I was designed mostly for cleaning and assisting with delicate lab work."

Ookalf wrote:...Thank you, whoever said that... *Ookalf retrieves his sword and looks around for whoever else is fighting these robots.*

Ookalf will see Maxwell and the mysterious woman in the scarf talking nearby, and perhaps others engaging the line of green soldiers. He might also see that the suspiciously bomb-like device next to the NPC's... has only 5 seconds left on its timer!

Jello Shot Mischa wrote:Maxwell tilts her head slightly at the woman's response. "Yes," she finally answers, "I am the third prototype in my series, although all systems are stable enough to be ready for field testing." She pauses a moment to process the second question. "The majority of technologies utilized in my design have been derived from successful previous designs, including the EDU and SIBLING developments. While the potential for significant instabilities does exist, it is unlikely any serious issues remain after extensive laboratory testing."

She pauses again, studying the woman. "Does this concern you?" she finally asks, a curious tone in her voice.

She appears to be a little relieved, if still slightly shaken. "Yes... no..." She grimaces as she watches Maxwell study her. "I was built specifically to be a prototype. My father," she says, almost spitting out the word. "He was willing to put an unstable energy source in me. For years I lived in fear that I would die at any moment." She gulps, seemingly swallowing down some tears. "I... I'm glad that your creators are more considerate than mine. I would hate for you to live with the uncertainty I did."
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Ookalf » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:48 pm

muffinstud wrote:Ookalf will see Maxwell and the mysterious woman in the scarf talking nearby, and perhaps others engaging the line of green soldiers. He might also see that the suspiciously bomb-like device next to the NPC's... has only 5 seconds left on its timer!

Oh... *Spotting what appears to be a bomb nearby, Ookalf runs over as quickly as he can to grab the device and toss it away! ...Provided there's enough time for such an action...*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:41 am

Elliot leaned closer, "But that's just like me! Trust me... I'm terrible in a fight, but cleaning and assisting? I can do that! Come on... let me stay here with you?", he begged.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:19 pm

"Ooooooookay~! Is there a place you would suggest I start looking for these meanie bad robots~?" Alex asks.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:38 pm

muffinstud wrote:She appears to be a little relieved, if still slightly shaken. "Yes... no..." She grimaces as she watches Maxwell study her. "I was built specifically to be a prototype. My father," she says, almost spitting out the word. "He was willing to put an unstable energy source in me. For years I lived in fear that I would die at any moment." She gulps, seemingly swallowing down some tears. "I... I'm glad that your creators are more considerate than mine. I would hate for you to live with the uncertainty I did."

Maxwell hmms. "That does seem an inefficient and risky design paradigm," she admits. "Was he limited in resources or time?" She then shrugs, realizing that her questions may make the woman uncomfortable. "My apologies... I should not pry into your unpleasant memories."

She looks at the remaining robots. "Perhaps you can tell me more about where these unknown robots came from and why they are menacing the people of Muffinville?"
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse