Stage Select Bar and Grill

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Stage Select Bar and Grill

Postby muffinstud » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:41 pm

Blaze wrote:"Ooooooookay~! Is there a place you would suggest I start looking for these meanie bad robots~?" Alex asks.

Roll motions to the back of the establishment with her thumb. "Head to the back. There's a teleporter that looks like a big round sciency booth. If you turn it on, I can remotely enter in the coordinates for their last known location."

Harri-chan wrote:Elliot leaned closer, "But that's just like me! Trust me... I'm terrible in a fight, but cleaning and assisting? I can do that! Come on... let me stay here with you?", he begged.

She frowns. "But... you said you were a detective, didn't you? Isn't a little danger kind of inherent with that line of work?"

Ookalf wrote:Oh... *Spotting what appears to be a bomb nearby, Ookalf runs over as quickly as he can to grab the device and toss it away! ...Provided there's enough time for such an action...*

Normally, Ookalf would have plenty of time for such an action. However, the green soldiers put up a wide screen and move and fire in such a way to be very annoying. His reflexes are good enough to avoid most of the fire, but evasive maneuvers eat into the time needed to make it to the bomb. It goes off... but fortunately, it seems to be a smoke bomb of some sort.

Jello Shot Mischa wrote:
Maxwell hmms. "That does seem an inefficient and risky design paradigm," she admits. "Was he limited in resources or time?" She then shrugs, realizing that her questions may make the woman uncomfortable. "My apologies... I should not pry into your unpleasant memories."

She looks at the remaining robots. "Perhaps you can tell me more about where these unknown robots came from and why they are menacing the people of Muffinville?"

The woman waves her off. "Don't worry about it. You still seem to be in the analytical phase of your personality development. I had plenty of questions back then too." She gives Maxwell a pained smile. "Among other things." She turns to consider the Sniper Joes just as the smoke bomb behind them goes off. "World conquest. Although that smoke screen is odd. They're usually smart enough to deploy that kind of thing to provide adequate cover. They're up to something different."
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Blaze » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:21 am

"Ooooookay~!"

Alex pats Elliot on the shoulder and smiles.

"Awwww, you can stay, I don't need an ah-sis-tant~"

With that, she heads into the back and looks for the teleporter!
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Ookalf » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:15 pm

muffinstud wrote:Normally, Ookalf would have plenty of time for such an action. However, the green soldiers put up a wide screen and move and fire in such a way to be very annoying. His reflexes are good enough to avoid most of the fire, but evasive maneuvers eat into the time needed to make it to the bomb. It goes off... but fortunately, it seems to be a smoke bomb of some sort.

No! *Ookalf winces as the bomb goes off nearby... then looks up in confusion as it fails to go off in the deadly, fiery explosion he was expecting.* Well... That could have been worse. Is anyone still there? *Ookalf peers through the smoke to see if the NPCs are safe.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:14 am

muffinstud wrote:The woman waves her off. "Don't worry about it. You still seem to be in the analytical phase of your personality development. I had plenty of questions back then too." She gives Maxwell a pained smile. "Among other things." She turns to consider the Sniper Joes just as the smoke bomb behind them goes off. "World conquest. Although that smoke screen is odd. They're usually smart enough to deploy that kind of thing to provide adequate cover. They're up to something different."

Maxwell turns to study the Sniper Joes as well. As the smoke bombs go off, she starts switching her vision through multiple modes, studying how opaque the generated smoke is to infrared, radar, and ultrasound sensors.

"Analysis of the tactical space suggests they are either trying to screen their retreat with their prisoners, or signalling to other allies in the area to proceed with the next stage of their plan." She pauses for a moment. "They seem poorly equipped for a campaign of world conquest, however."
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby muffinstud » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:51 pm

Blaze wrote:"Ooooookay~!"

Alex pats Elliot on the shoulder and smiles.

"Awwww, you can stay, I don't need an ah-sis-tant~"

With that, she heads into the back and looks for the teleporter!

Alex finds something that looks like a round telephone booth, with a panel of buttons along one side. One is large and green with a power symbol.

Ookalf wrote:No! *Ookalf winces as the bomb goes off nearby... then looks up in confusion as it fails to go off in the deadly, fiery explosion he was expecting.* Well... That could have been worse. Is anyone still there? *Ookalf peers through the smoke to see if the NPCs are safe.*

The smoke dissipates, and the NPC's appear unharmed... that is, if they were random characters from video games, anime, and other pop culture media sources. The whole group looks oddly happy about it too.

Jello Shot Mischa wrote:Maxwell turns to study the Sniper Joes as well. As the smoke bombs go off, she starts switching her vision through multiple modes, studying how opaque the generated smoke is to infrared, radar, and ultrasound sensors.

"Analysis of the tactical space suggests they are either trying to screen their retreat with their prisoners, or signalling to other allies in the area to proceed with the next stage of their plan." She pauses for a moment. "They seem poorly equipped for a campaign of world conquest, however."

The smoke isn't up long enough for the alternate sensors to really matter, but it seems to have blocked all but the ultrasound. The woman next o Maxwell frowns as the smoke dissipates, revealing the newly minted pop culture NPC's. "Wait, they're transforming people? But I thought everything here already did that?"
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:26 pm

muffinstud wrote:The smoke isn't up long enough for the alternate sensors to really matter, but it seems to have blocked all but the ultrasound. The woman next o Maxwell frowns as the smoke dissipates, revealing the newly minted pop culture NPC's. "Wait, they're transforming people? But I thought everything here already did that?"

Maxwell frowns. "One of the typical goals of transforming a mass of citizens is to force them into a form that may be more amenable to manipulation or control. Given that they seem to have been forcibly adjusted to be content with their new forms, there appears to be a high probability that this is their goal. The existence of a transformative area-effect weapon changes the tactical space significantly."
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Blaze » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:32 pm

Alex beams and pokes the big green button!

"Power on!"
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Ookalf » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:00 pm

muffinstud wrote:The smoke dissipates, and the NPC's appear unharmed... that is, if they were random characters from video games, anime, and other pop culture media sources. The whole group looks oddly happy about it too.

Huh... *Once the smoke's lowered, Ookalf runs up to the gathered crowd.* Are you all OK? No one's hurt, or anything?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Harri-chan » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:01 am

Elliot blushed a little at Alex's reassurance that she didn't need help. He looked rather embarrassed, yet didn't move to follow her to the teleporter, and instead looked back to the girl in the pretty dress. "Detectives look for clues and work out mysteries. They don't fight robots", he muttered. "Come on, let me stay with you... ".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby muffinstud » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:13 pm

Blaze wrote:Alex beams and pokes the big green button!

"Power on!"

The tube lights up and hums ominously. There's a lot of juice going into this sucker, and by the looks of the equipment in it, all that juice will be aimed straight at Alex's head if she steps in. Numbers pop up on a little screen above the big green button, followed by a blinking "Ready" light.
Harri-chan wrote:Elliot blushed a little at Alex's reassurance that she didn't need help. He looked rather embarrassed, yet didn't move to follow her to the teleporter, and instead looked back to the girl in the pretty dress. "Detectives look for clues and work out mysteries. They don't fight robots", he muttered. "Come on, let me stay with you... ".

Roll shrugs. "Sure, I guess. You could help me by wiping down some tables, or by cleaning the upstairs. I'm expecting quite a few customers here soon."

Ookalf wrote:Huh... *Once the smoke's lowered, Ookalf runs up to the gathered crowd.* Are you all OK? No one's hurt, or anything?

They all answer in the affirmative, and all in character for their new appearances. He might also notice... there are still plenty of male NPC's there.

Jello Shot Mischa wrote:
Maxwell frowns. "One of the typical goals of transforming a mass of citizens is to force them into a form that may be more amenable to manipulation or control. Given that they seem to have been forcibly adjusted to be content with their new forms, there appears to be a high probability that this is their goal. The existence of a transformative area-effect weapon changes the tactical space significantly."

Maxwell's sensors confirm Ookalf's suspicions. Not a single NPC's original gender was tampered with. They all seem level headed, mostly in character for their new forms, and the Sniper Joes seem to be paying them no attention at all. In fact... it seems like they're retreating somewhere else!
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Harri-chan » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:17 pm

Elliot nodded. "I've done that before", he said. With one more glance back at the door, he moved away from the bar, and headed for the stairs. "I'll just start up here... ", he said, doing a terrible job of hiding the fact he wanted to be as far away from that fighting as possible. Hurrying up them, he let out a little sigh of relief, looking around when he reached the top.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Ookalf » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:32 pm

muffinstud wrote:They all answer in the affirmative, and all in character for their new appearances. He might also notice... there are still plenty of male NPC's there.

*Ookalf nods. He notices the number if males present, but doesn't seem to read much into it.* OK, that's good... Well, if you're all fine, you should probably get going. We don't want any more robots attacking you.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Blaze » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:58 pm

Alex doesn't seem to care about how ominously designed the teleporter is and steps inside before jabbing the green button!
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:42 pm

muffinstud wrote:Maxwell's sensors confirm Ookalf's suspicions. Not a single NPC's original gender was tampered with. They all seem level headed, mostly in character for their new forms, and the Sniper Joes seem to be paying them no attention at all. In fact... it seems like they're retreating somewhere else!

Maxwell continues to monitor the retreat of the Sniper Joes, trying to get some idea as to where they may be retreating, and how. She glances at the transformed citizens. "Current assessment suggests an effort to induce some manner of shift in the local paradigm." Her gaze shifts to the mysterious woman. "Reinforcements and medical personnel will arrive shortly to assist."
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby muffinstud » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:36 pm

Harri-chan wrote:Elliot nodded. "I've done that before", he said. With one more glance back at the door, he moved away from the bar, and headed for the stairs. "I'll just start up here... ", he said, doing a terrible job of hiding the fact he wanted to be as far away from that fighting as possible. Hurrying up them, he let out a little sigh of relief, looking around when he reached the top.

Elliot finds himself in a laboratory that is in dire need of some cleaning and organization. Wires and doohickeys are strewn about haphazardly on tables, and there's even a neglected chemistry set in one corner. Of note is a framed picture of a man in a lab coat that looks eerily similar to Santa Claus.

Blaze wrote:Alex doesn't seem to care about how ominously designed the teleporter is and steps inside before jabbing the green button!

-blip-
Alex hears a short, strange little noise, and finds herself in an apartment complex and with the aftertaste of peppermint in her mouth. The hall full of doors ahead of her is kind of dirty, indicating it's not exactly the best part of town. Up ahead, there's one apartment with the door open and someone yelling from within. One of the neighbors in the hallway is blasting their techno music a little too loud, and it sounds like this.

Ookalf wrote:*Ookalf nods. He notices the number if males present, but doesn't seem to read much into it.* OK, that's good... Well, if you're all fine, you should probably get going. We don't want any more robots attacking you.

One of the NPC's, now Ken from Street Fighter, gives Ook a thumbs up before heading off with the others. Being close to the still retreating Joes, he can hear their garbled chatter. It's still hard to make out, but it sounds like they're requesting a large eyeball of some sort?

Jello Shot Mischa wrote:Maxwell continues to monitor the retreat of the Sniper Joes, trying to get some idea as to where they may be retreating, and how. She glances at the transformed citizens. "Current assessment suggests an effort to induce some manner of shift in the local paradigm." Her gaze shifts to the mysterious woman. "Reinforcements and medical personnel will arrive shortly to assist."

She nods and peers at the retreating Joes... just as something makes the ground underneath their feet shudder. "Oh no... not one of these things..." She grimaces and holds up her shield as she tries to pinpoint where the commotion is coming from.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse