Circe's Shop of Magical Wonders

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Circe's Shop of Magical Wonders - Special Halloween Sale

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:16 pm

AmbushCat wrote:Claire: *hesitantly* ...Well, I realize this sounds a bit silly, but... I don't feel right asking her for a raise.

Mischa hmms, and takes a seat beside Claire, still resting her arm over her shoulder reassuringly. "Why's that?" she asks curiously.
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Rebel Rebel » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:34 pm

A man with dirty blonde hair walks in the door, shaking slightly as he approaches the counter.

"...excuse me?"
Rebel Rebel
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Circe » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:07 pm

Rebel Rebel wrote:A man with dirty blonde hair walks in the door, shaking slightly as he approaches the counter.

"...excuse me?"

*The maid behind the counter looks to the man as he comes in.* Yes, how can I help you?
Last edited by Circe on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Circe

Postby Rebel Rebel » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:40 pm

"Er, well... first off, I'd heard a rumor, sure it's nothing... and I don't want to be too bold, but erm, you don't ever sell, well... people, do you?"
Rebel Rebel
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:46 pm

Mischa hmms, and takes a seat beside Claire, still resting her arm over her shoulder reassuringly. "Why's that?" she asks curiously.

Claire: *withdraws a fun-sized packet of Reese's Pieces from her uniform, carefully tears it open, and chews on a few idly* ...I don't know... I guess it's always been more about the work to me, and not the money. ...And for all I know, she might think that I don't deserve much more than what I have now.
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Circe » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:20 pm

Rebel Rebel wrote:"Er, well... first off, I'd heard a rumor, sure it's nothing... and I don't want to be too bold, but erm, you don't ever sell, well... people, do you?"

...Are you accusing us of slave-trading?
Circe

Postby Rebel Rebel » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:42 pm

The word gave him a start, and he began frantically waving his hands in a defensive reflex.

"Oh, no, no! No, no. Of course not." He thought for a moment. "Well... maybe, sort of. I mean, not accusing, definitely not accusing, not in an accusatory way. Maybe slave-trading. But probably not, well, definitely not by my standards, but I guess one might conceivably see it that way, a reach, but conceivably. But I wouldn't!"

"It's just, I came across a place a while ago that used people for fabric, but they kind of, ah... exploded. I heard rumors of someone else doing something similar, but I can't catch them open; think they might be on sabbatical. So, anyway... yeah... I was just wondering whether that sort of thing was common around here."
Rebel Rebel
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Circe » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:54 pm

Uh, no, I don't think we've ever sewn people into clothes... Why do you ask? *The maid's starting to look a little uncomfortable...*
Circe

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:13 pm

AmbushCat wrote:Claire: *withdraws a fun-sized packet of Reese's Pieces from her uniform, carefully tears it open, and chews on a few idly* ...I don't know... I guess it's always been more about the work to me, and not the money. ...And for all I know, she might think that I don't deserve much more than what I have now.

"I'm pretty sure that's not the case..." Mischa hmms. "I mean... Circe is a friend as well as an employer, isn't she? I'd bet she would be worried about you if she knew about this..."
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:25 am

Rebel Rebel wrote:"It's just, I came across a place a while ago that used people for fabric, but they kind of, ah... exploded. I heard rumors of someone else doing something similar, but I can't catch them open; think they might be on sabbatical. So, anyway... yeah... I was just wondering whether that sort of thing was common around here."

Cynth: *pipes up from her cage* The closest we have are custom-made dolls based on fictional people.

"I'm pretty sure that's not the case..." Mischa hmms. "I mean... Circe is a friend as well as an employer, isn't she? I'd bet she would be worried about you if she knew about this..."

Claire: *blushes a bit* She's... a friend? I didn't realize that she thought that of me.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:09 am

AmbushCat wrote:Claire: *blushes a bit* She's... a friend? I didn't realize that she thought that of me.

Mischa hmms. "Well, I'll admit I can't say that with any certainty... but for all of her grumpiness, she does seem like a good person who cares for people deep down inside. I'd be a bit surprised if she didn't care for those who worked for her."
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:37 pm

Claire: Well... maybe I'll ask her after she returns, then... *sighs* But, you wanted me to rest, so I will. I realize you just sat down, but could you please get something to drink out of the mini-fridge for me?

((OOC: And I'll leave it up to you to decide what to give her.))
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:27 pm

AmbushCat wrote:Claire: Well... maybe I'll ask her after she returns, then... *sighs* But, you wanted me to rest, so I will. I realize you just sat down, but could you please get something to drink out of the mini-fridge for me?

((OOC: And I'll leave it up to you to decide what to give her.))

Mischa smiles. "No problem!" she says, bouncing to her feet and walking over to the fridge! Looking over its contents, she finally picks out a bottle of iced tea, and offers it to Claire. "How about this?"
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:58 pm

Claire: This will do. *thankful smile* I appreciate this, Miss Mischa. *accepts the iced tea and sips from it* Remind me to have you over sometime.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Rebel Rebel » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:36 pm

Circe wrote:Uh, no, I don't think we've ever sewn people into clothes... Why do you ask? *The maid's starting to look a little uncomfortable...*

The man winces. "Oh, gods, sorry... um... sorry... I didn't mean... I mean, I'd figured probably but it wasn't my busi-... my intent... I mean, I wasn't going to... well, I'd been looking to be... sorry. I'm not some sort of... what's the word... sorry. Sorry if I'm scaring you at all. Sorry."

AmbushCat wrote:Cynth: *pipes up from her cage* The closest we have are custom-made dolls based on fictional people.

He turns to the mouse with a visible mixture of disappointment and relief, and exhales. "Yeah, all right. Not really what I was looking for, though. Hmm." He glances around. "I think, barring that, what I'd be looking for would more be - is there a technical term? - your, um, 'external spells'? Costumes, potions, wands, &c. Is there a catalogue or something I could go through, or would I just start on the shelves?"
Rebel Rebel
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse