Circe's Shop of Magical Wonders

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Circe's Shop of Magical Wonders - Special Halloween Sale

Postby Circe » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:26 am

Rebel Rebel wrote:He turns to the mouse with a visible mixture of disappointment and relief, and exhales. "Yeah, all right. Not really what I was looking for, though. Hmm." He glances around. "I think, barring that, what I'd be looking for would more be - is there a technical term? - your, um, 'external spells'? Costumes, potions, wands, &c. Is there a catalogue or something I could go through, or would I just start on the shelves?"

Um, I think you'd be better off just looking around a bit... See what you can find.
Circe

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:07 pm

AmbushCat wrote:Claire: This will do. *thankful smile* I appreciate this, Miss Mischa. *accepts the iced tea and sips from it* Remind me to have you over sometime.

Mischa smiles, and grabs another iced tea for herself, before sitting back down at the table. "It's no problem, Claire," she says reassuringly, "And it would be fun to see your place! I bet it's all neat and tidy..."
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:16 pm

Mischa smiles, and grabs another iced tea for herself, before sitting back down at the table. "It's no problem, Claire," she says reassuringly, "And it would be fun to see your place! I bet it's all neat and tidy..."

Claire: *giggles behind one hand* We can safely say that. It's not very big, but it serves my needs. Nothing I own is really "new"; even my television dates back to the mid-1980s. *sips her iced tea*
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Rebel Rebel » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:05 am

Circe wrote:Um, I think you'd be better off just looking around a bit... See what you can find.

"Hmm."

He checked the first label to catch his eye: "Succubus - near-insatiable lust - unending." "And she's scared of me?" he muttered under his breath, backing away a bit. He glanced through the shelves, making a mental "shopping list" - not that there was anything he needed, but he hadn't come here just to leave empty-handed. (Or at all. But now that it looked like he'd be leaving, he wasn't going to do it empty-handed - a superstition of his.)

-A petrification hex that could be worn like a proverbial cyanide cap.
-A shrink ray or potion of some sort, "unending."
-As TG was concerned, he'd be interested in multiuse device that worked both ways and could reverse itself.
-Possibly see what magic weapons caught his fancy, although he'd have to watch for effects when not wielded.
Rebel Rebel
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Circe » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:00 pm

*The third item would be the simplest of these to find, as the young man stumbles across the shop's selection of TF ray guns. These guns come in a significant number of different models, varying in price and capabilities - generally speaking, the more it can do, the more it costs.*
Circe

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:22 pm

Dact wanders into the shop... halloween sale... eh... might as well see what was what.
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Circe » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:57 pm

*The maid behind the counter, Marie, greets Dact as he comes in.* Hello, sir. How can we help you?
Circe

Postby Rebel Rebel » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:26 pm

Circe wrote:*The third item would be the simplest of these to find, as the young man stumbles across the shop's selection of TF ray guns. These guns come in a significant number of different models, varying in price and capabilities - generally speaking, the more it can do, the more it costs.*

He gravitates toward the cheaper end - after all, this is something of an impulse buy, and his requirements are few. The "color" guns, or others with a set target form, are right out. Another he writes off because the form has to be written in - two zaps, he is adamant, without changing settings in between, should cancel. Other than that...
Rebel Rebel
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Circe » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:40 pm

*The man sees some guns that inflict a simple, basic genderswap on their target - easily reversed by hitting them with another blast.*
Circe

Postby Rebel Rebel » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:14 pm

He takes the gun off the shelf, checks the price, and examines the shape and safety/magazine specs.

"Um, excuse me, miss, but what might you have in the way of holsters to fit this?"
Rebel Rebel
Lurking MSFer
Lurking MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:37 am

Circe wrote:*The maid behind the counter, Marie, greets Dact as he comes in.* Hello, sir. How can we help you?

Dact nods. "Evening, miss. What kinds of things do you have on this sale of yours?"
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Circe » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:06 pm

Knight Errant wrote:Dact nods. "Evening, miss. What kinds of things do you have on this sale of yours?"

Well, since Halloween's coming up, all of our costumes are at half price.

Rebel Rebel wrote:He takes the gun off the shelf, checks the price, and examines the shape and safety/magazine specs.

"Um, excuse me, miss, but what might you have in the way of holsters to fit this?"

*Price wise, the man will find that his gun of choice is one of the cheapest in stock - understandable, given its limited capabilities. In terms of shape and design, it's a pretty typical sci-fi blaster, easily held and used in one hand, nothing too fancy. As for its magazine, it appears that the gun is good for around 15 shots before it has to enter a cooldown period, according to the tag. A small safety lever on the gun prevents it from being fired on accident.* Um, if you bring it up here, I think we can give you one for a little extra...
Circe

Postby Knight Errant » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:17 pm

Dact nods. "I see... hrrm. I guess I'll take a look at your costumes then."
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Circe » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:15 pm

*Marie nods and gestures over to the costume section.* Right over there, sir. And feel free to look at our other items as well!
Circe

Postby Knight Errant » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:46 pm

Dact nods! "Might just do that. Thanks." He says... heading over and looking at said costumes!
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse