A Most Intriguing Swashbuckler

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: A Most Intriguing Swashbuckler

Postby Blaze » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:48 pm

"... OI! You'll pay for that!" one of the sailors says, both of them stepping around their leader to advance on Mal.

"Hold up lads..." the leader says, but the other one is already throwing a punch!
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby muffinstud » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:24 pm

The swashbuckler grins and bends backwards to avoid the punch. Any limbo masters in the room would be sufficiently impressed with his form. Mal quickly rears himself back up, using his momentum to give the sailor a headbutt!
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Blaze » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:32 pm

The sailor staggers back as the tavern is filled with the sick crunch of a nose breaking, blood pouring down his face.

The other one snarls and lashes out with a kick!
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby muffinstud » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:45 pm

Mal isn't quite fast enough to get out of range of the kick... so he takes the hit and wraps his arm around the sailor's foot good and tight. A few punches to the knee and a quick foot sweep to the other leg, and the sailor should be going down.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Blaze » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:10 pm

*The sailor's knee buckles under the punch, and the sweep knocks him down but good!

"Oy... I always tell 'em, don't got accepting bets like this, because the other guy probably knows somethin' you don't." their leader says, pinching the bridge of his nose.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Mendi-chan » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:36 pm

*The ninja can't help but laugh a bit a the scene*
Mal, I must say you handle yourself quite well. Where'd you learn to fight like that?
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby muffinstud » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:44 pm

Mal shrugs. "Traveling as much as I do, you just pick up these kinds of things." He reaches over to offer a handshake to the lead sailor. "No hard feelings then? If you don't want to try, I won't think any less of you."
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Blaze » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:11 pm

"Hah, sorry mate, but I'm not in the mood to have anythin' broken. Drinks are on them!"

Everyone in the bar cheers!
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby muffinstud » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:28 pm

"Drinks for everyone!" Mal grins widely and cheers with the rest. He even goes so far as to wrap a friendly arm around the sailor man and lead him to the bar for his next dose of delicious poison. "You seem like a fine fellow. Tell you what. If you can help me with something, I'll clear your tab. What do you say?"
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Blaze » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:46 pm

The sailor allows himself to be lead, his fellows grumbling as they fish out wads of cash to cover the round.

"Yeah? What're ya proposin'?"
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby muffinstud » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:01 pm

Mal gives the man a grin. "Well, you see, I'm somewhat new here in town. I need some help finding trouble and or excitement. If you would be so kind as to show me where I could find danger, beautiful women, and possibly explosions, I'd be most grateful."
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Mendi-chan » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:54 pm

*The ninja chuckles*
Mal, you're one helluva guy.
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby Blaze » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:25 pm

Mendi-chan wrote:*The ninja chuckles*
Mal, you're one helluva guy.
muffinstud wrote:Mal gives the man a grin. "Well, you see, I'm somewhat new here in town. I need some help finding trouble and or excitement. If you would be so kind as to show me where I could find danger, beautiful women, and possibly explosions, I'd be most grateful."

The sailor folds his arms and thinks for a moment.

"Hmm... well, there's an old sailor's tale. The treasure of Red Rudi. Just a myth though, something to make impressionable young lads run away from home for a while."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby muffinstud » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:55 am

Mal gives Mendo a sly smirk. "I do my best." The ninja by this point is quite aware of the swashbuckler's charm... and an errant thought crosses his mind: It's such a pity all that charm is going to waste, what with no women around to enjoy it.

"Oh? And where would I go about finding this myth, my good friend?" Mal's easy smile and casual confidence might start to show up on the sailor's radar as well...
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Mendi-chan » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:18 pm

*The ninja furrows his brow at that... a strange thought, but an interesting one none the less. How was it that this dude didn't have girls clamoring for him? He must've met some girls in his travels and such, right?*
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse