Reincarnate Yourself Today!

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Reincarnate Yourself Today!

Postby Restless Lucidity » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:28 pm

"Yes. Other selves." She gives him a smile. "They are beings with the same origins as I, but they all deviate at key points. Essentially, they're all different people with similar characteristics, physical and mental. Though... some are much more alike than others."

She gives a light giggle. "But, an epiphany? Do tell~"
Captions and characters~

"A [person] may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on." ~ John F. Kennedy
Restless Lucidity
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Blaze » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:37 pm

Ryan5011 wrote:Arkayah smiled. "I know the names up to me, but it isn't very feminine sounding, is it?" Arkayah replied as her eyes wandered around the room. "Well, that gem is in a sense, a mana stabilizer. It stops a person's inner mana from acting on it's own, assimilates any 'invading' mana, and limits how much mana a person can use at one time. I had it forged specifically for me after having accidently created a forest when I meant to create 5 trees." ^-^;

"Oh? How interesting... yes, that will be suitable compensation. You certainly won't need to worry about that, most of your magic is gone now." Yama says with a smile.

Restless Lucidity wrote:"Yes. Other selves." She gives him a smile. "They are beings with the same origins as I, but they all deviate at key points. Essentially, they're all different people with similar characteristics, physical and mental. Though... some are much more alike than others."

She gives a light giggle. "But, an epiphany? Do tell~"

Yama gives a tiny smile.

"You see... I was once less a person, more a cog that grinded on the the machinery of the afterlife. One day, I was overseeing a battle that had a brief ceasefire. I stayed to watch and I saw a priest moving through the battlefield, giving what comfort he could give to the dying and praying for the dead. Now, since I knew what happened to the dead, I knew his prayers would either be unneeded, unheard or unhelpful, so I went to ask him why. He said, 'if one has the power to offer comfort or help, it is their solemn duty to provide it."

He looks down at the ground, slightly sheepish.

"I never really... thought before. Like I said, I was like a cog. That simple phrase reawakened my ability to think, to feel. I knew that I could aid the living somehow."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Ryan5011 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:05 pm

"Well, at least I know I can get training somewhere." Arkayah replied as she began spinning randomly. "I didn't really need all that magic inside of me anyways, I only used a tiny bit of it, and that was for creating and repairing everyday stuff.
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Restless Lucidity » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:01 pm

"Ah, don't we all know that feeling... getting so caught up in our routines and clinging to what we've always done that we forget to experiment once in a while. Not to mention never questioning the consequences of what we do." She gives a small smile. "But as painful as it can be to admit to yourself that you got trapped that way, the rush you get when you finally realize that is fairly incredible, especially if you have that epiphany in an experience likes yours." She balances her cheek on her hand and lets her eyes lock with Yama's.

"Similarly, there was a time when I was very juvenile. Immature, self deprecating, short-tempered..." She makes a rolling motion with her hand. "I could go on and on. My point, though, is that, when I was immature and self deprecating, I had an experience that changed me, too. It wasn't as sudden as yours, but rather a series of similar enlightening experiences that took place when I was with a certain group of friends. The unique thing about my experience is that it wasn't an experience at all, but knowledge that was imparted from people that I came to love and trust more and more with each passing day..." Her eyes begin to wander and glimmer. There's a certain distance to them when she turns to face you again.

"Ah, but I'm just getting wistful now..." She shuts her eyes and raises her head, putting her hands in a fold. "... but that's a large part of the reason I'm on the quest that I am. A quest to again find the souls of my friends and be with them."

She gives a light chuckle. "Forgive me if I rambled some, but I thought it would only be fair to share some about me since you've be so generous with yourself."
Last edited by Restless Lucidity on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captions and characters~

"A [person] may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on." ~ John F. Kennedy
Restless Lucidity
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Blaze » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:05 pm

Ryan5011 wrote:"Well, at least I know I can get training somewhere." Arkayah replied as she began spinning randomly. "I didn't really need all that magic inside of me anyways, I only used a tiny bit of it, and that was for creating and repairing everyday stuff.

The girl's cloak whips up as she spins about! Yama gives a small chuckle.

"I see. Well, here is the address of the school. You will have a dorm room also."

He hands her a slip of paper.

Restless Lucidity wrote:"Ah, don't we all know that feeling... getting so caught up in our routines and clinging to what we've always done that we forget to experiment once in a while. Not to mention never questioning the consequences of what we do." She gives a small smile. "But as painful as it can be to admit to yourself that you got trapped that way, the rush you get when you finally realize that is fairly incredible, especially if you have that epiphany in an experience likes yours." She balances her cheek on her hand and lets her eyes lock with Yama's.

"Similarly, there was a time when I was very juvenile. Immature, self deprecating, short-tempered..." She makes a rolling motion with her hand. "I could go on and on. My point, though, is that, when I was immature and self deprecating, I had an experience that changed me, too. It wasn't as sudden as yours, but rather a series of similar enlightening experiences that took place when I was with a certain group of friends. The unique thing about my experience is that it wasn't an experience at all, but knowledge that was imparted from people that I came to love and trust more and more with each passing day..." Her eyes begin to wander and glimmer. There's a certain distance to them when she turns to face you again.

"Ah, but I'm just getting wistful now..." She shuts her eyes and raises her head, putting her hands in a fold. "... but that's a large part of the reason I'm on the quest that I am. A quest to again find the souls of my friends and be with them again."

She gives a light chuckle. "Forgive me if I rambled some, but I thought it would only be fair to share some about me since you've be so generous with yourself."

Yama meets Mizuki's eyes evenly, a small wistful smile on his face.

"I see... I wish you luck in finding your friends. You are lucky to have them..."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Ryan5011 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:09 pm

"I was planning on self-teaching or having a friend teach me, but I'll check this place out sometime." Arkayah replies as she heads out of the reincarnatory.
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Restless Lucidity » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:13 pm

She returns his smile with one of her own... one with a sort of warmth that, at first, he might not have expected to feel from her. Her very being seems to radiate a pleasant calm. It's as if the atmosphere itself has been wrapped in a warm, loving embrace.

"Thank you for your kindness. I'm sure that your words with resurface one day and come to help me when I need it." She lets her smile and her gaze hold. "... and indeed, I am one of the luckiest beings ever to have existed. Even luckier because I am still making friends every day."

It's clear in an instant with her gaze and expression that she is referring to Yama himself.
Captions and characters~

Restless Lucidity
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Blaze » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:45 pm

Ryan5011 wrote:"I was planning on self-teaching or having a friend teach me, but I'll check this place out sometime." Arkayah replies as she heads out of the reincarnatory.

"Good luck!" Yama calls as he waves the girl off.

Restless Lucidity wrote:She returns his smile with one of her own... one with a sort of warmth that, at first, he might not have expected to feel from her. Her very being seems to radiate a pleasant calm. It's as if the atmosphere itself has been wrapped in a warm, loving embrace.

"Thank you for your kindness. I'm sure that your words with resurface one day and come to help me when I need it." She lets her smile and her gaze hold. "... and indeed, I am one of the luckiest beings ever to have existed. Even luckier because I am still making friends every day."

It's clear in an instant with her gaze and expression that she is referring to Yama himself.

Yama blinks and tilts his head at Mizuki... cheeks becoming tinged with pink when he realizes she is referring to him.

"O-Oh, well... thank you. I am flattered to know you too Miss..."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Restless Lucidity » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:19 pm

She gives a light giggle. "Well, you're certainly welcome~"

She turns to watch as Arkayah leaves the building before she offers a few more words, "Well... it's certainly not something you have to do; I did just come in here to speak with you, after all, but..." She widens her smile ever so slightly. "I would be interested in experiencing what a 'Reincarnation' of yours is like firsthand."
Captions and characters~

Restless Lucidity
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Blaze » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:30 pm

Yama gives a tiny grin and adjusts his spectacles, twirling his key staff.

"I certainly could do one for you if you like." ^^
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Restless Lucidity » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:12 pm

Mizuki smiles and nods after giving a long, thoughtful look.

"I certainly would." She smiles. "And the more interesting you can make the experience, the better." ^_^
Captions and characters~

Restless Lucidity
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Blaze » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:47 pm

Yama gives a tiny grin.

"I get requests for strength, knowledge... never 'exciting' though. Oh yes, this should be interesting... step into the circle please."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Restless Lucidity » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:51 pm

She responds with a not-so-tiny grin of her own to further express her happiness.

"Oh, is that so?" She steps into the circle and keeps her eyes trained on him. "I guess this will be new for the both of us, then. How fun." ^^
Captions and characters~

Restless Lucidity
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Blaze » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:01 pm

Yama gives a nod and goes to that trunk in the corner, taking out a variety of jars with labels like 'Carbon', 'Ammonia' and the like, opening them and placing them inside the circle.

"Materials for your new body you see."

Yama taps his staff to the circle, making it glow and shine with that golden light. Mizuki feels a curious tingle as his power infuses her. It's a curious one, filling her with the creeping sensations of the afterlife, but also the feel of living, of the universe. The materials in the jars begins to shift and squirm, flying into the air and swirling around her.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Restless Lucidity » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:07 pm

Mizuki quirks an eyebrow. "So these components can help in creating a physical body?" She lets her growing curiosity cause her smile to widen yet again. "You continue to amaze me with your perceptiveness. I'm sure it isn't difficult for a judge of the dead to tell a spirit from someone living... but still, I'm impressed. The fast majority just assume that I'm a human girl... or if they've known me a bit longer, an immortal human girl. Naturally, neither come close to the truth..."

Her smile fades some as she focuses on the myriad of sensations that come to her. "It's been a long time since I've felt what it's like to occupy a physical form. This should be very unique indeed..." She lets out a happy sigh.

"But I digress. More observation, less talking. For now." ^^
Captions and characters~

Restless Lucidity
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse