Anthem City: Fall of the Possum

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: Anthem City: Fall of the Possum

Postby Blaze » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:35 am

Amanda notices Georgia looking at her through the mirror and shoots her a sympathetic look. Suzie listens close to her whisper and gives a small smile, rubbing Georgia's back.

"You've just been alone too long."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:04 am

As the hand rubbed against her back, Georgia felt herself slouching even further against Suzie. She knew the older girl was right, and was pretty sure she didn't want to go back to living alone, even if they could somehow undo what the Hellchemist had done to her.

"Have you been to many of these sleepover parties?", she asked, keeping her voice low still, as it was a little embarrassing to be discussing such teen-centric topics in the presence of her adult friend, although she wasn't quite whispering so Amanda would be able to hear.

"Could I go dressed like this, or are you meant to... make more of an effort?", she asked.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:24 pm

"I've been to a couple, yeah. Just dress cute, you don't need to be all formal or anything. Maybe bring some thing to share, some snacks or a drink or something." Suzie advises, running her fingers through Georgia's hair.

"All in all, just be yourself. They obviously like you, so don't try to be something that... is not you. I guess?"
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:15 am

Georgia bit her bottom lip as she listened, but nodded her head to all of Suzie's suggestions. Something she was definitely going to need to work on was fashion, as she didn't think she was going to he able to bluff her way around that subject with the cheerleaders. Then there was the snacks. Before it would have been simple. Drive to the store, pick up food and drinks with pocket change or her card, but now... no car, no cash, and certainly no credit card. Everything now required Amanda's say so. Her cheeks went red as her gaze went back to looking at her smart, attractive friend as she drove.

"Do we have snacks at home?", she asked Suzie as the girl's fingers ran through her auburn hair.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:58 am

"Sure, we got a few bags of chips or biscuits. And some big bottles of soda." Amanda says over her shoulder as she pulls in the parking garage of the apartment building.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:39 am

"Well... that's the snacks sorted. Just got to worry about picking something cute to wear now", she said a little nervously as she unbuckled her safety belt and tugged her back pack strap up over her shoulder once the car had come to a stop. Pushing open the door she climbed out and carefully closed it behind her. Her initial worries over the shortness of her cheerleading uniform had come to nothing as hardly anyone at school cared... but that was a world of teenagers. The idea of now being back in the real world and dressed this way brought all that embarrassment back.

Her brown eyes widened as a middle aged couple emerged from the elevator and crossed to their car, and she gave the skirt a futile tug. She turned to watch Amanda climbing out of the car, and shot her a very ashamed glance. Despite everything, she still felt on some level she was way too mature to be wearing something so short! The fact Amanda looked so smart and professional just made it even more humiliating.

"If I ever get back to normal... you have to promise to forget you ever saw me dressed like this... ", she groaned.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:23 pm

Amanda blinks and looks at Georgia with concern, pulling her into a sidealong hug.

"Hey, don't worry hun. It'll be okay." she says reassuringly, rubbing Georgia's shoulder as she leads her to the elevator.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:39 am

As Amanda's arms came around her, a bright smile spread across Georgia's face, the sort of smile that would rarely have been seen on the face of an adult Georgia. She pushed her scrawny arms around Amanda, squeezing her firmly before letting go to walk alongside her.

"I'm not worrying", she said with a shrug of her shoulders. "It's just embarrassing at times. Sometimes, I start to forget... but then I get a reminder of who I'm supposed to be. I was thirty two, Amanda... I should be trying to set an example for Suzie... but she's the one looking out for me when I run around in the tiniest skirt I've ever seen", she murmured with a blush, and glanced back to Suzie, extending a hand towards her, wriggling her fingers to encourage her to take it.

"As long as I'm stuck in this situation, part of me thinks the smart thing to do is to fit in. Even if it means... this", she muttered, looking down at her red and gold uniform with a wince, before her gaze travelled back up over Amanda's smart skirt and blouse, and she flashed her friend an awkward smile.

"Then I see you, and I feel silly. Maybe I shouldn't be giving in so easily... maybe I shouldn't be trying to fit in. I should probably be trying to act my age, my real age... right? I'm so confused, I don't even know what I want...".
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:29 am

Amanda gives a fond smile and ruffles Georgia's hair. Suzie notices the hand and takes it, giving it an affectionate squeeze.

"That's a good plan hon. Sorry if I make you feel awkward..." she says as they reach the elevator, Suzie jabbing the button for their floor.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:27 am

"Oh no, that's not what I meant", said Georgia, suddenly looking a little guilty as they stepped into the elevator. Her eyes had widened a little, peering up at Amanda with a blush as the woman's fingers toyed with her auburn hair, a few wisps having come loose from her ponytail to dangle around her face.

"I just don't want to... disappoint you", she said, the colour in her cheeks brightening. "You've had a long day at work and I'm running around acting like a teenager. You probably think I should be trying harder to put things back to how they were... ", she said, wincing a little at the ache that seemed to well up inside her chest as she said the words.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:13 pm

"Aw hon... what's happened to you is so many kinds of impossible. Only the Hellchemist could put you back properly, and it's not like you know where she is. Even if you did, it's unlikely that she would do it." Amanda says soothingly, ruffling Georgia's hair.

"How you wanna do this is up to you. If you want to tell the police, I'll back you. If you would rather stay incognito, that's fine too."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:57 pm

Georgia felt a small stab of guilt as she nodded in agreement to Amanda's statement about not knowing where the Hellchemist was. It felt bad to withhold such important information from her friend, but she knew the alternative was far worse. Amanda wouldn't stand back, she'd go to the police, the school board, and maybe even confront the woman herself, and that was not a good idea. Georgia went up against these villains by choice, and accepted what might come her way. In many ways, this was deserved, but Amanda had got herself out of that line of work a long, long time ago and definitely did not deserve to become the next victim of the Hellchemist.

"The police would likely find this hilarious. I was nothing but a nuisance to them for years. Technically I didn't get hurt, so they won't even feel any guilt. No... this is definitely the smart way to do things", she said, blushing a little at just how nice it felt having her hair toyed with like that. Without moving away, she twisted her back pack around, and pushed an arm inside it, fishing around for her phone, and clasped her fingers around it once she found it, sliding it out to check for any new messages from Dana about the party.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:58 am

The elevator *dings* as they arrive at their floor. Suzie jogs off ahead to unlock the door as Amanda takes Georgia's hand and leads her to the apartment.

Georgia does indeed have a message from Dana, one that gives her the confirmation that the party is happening and an address. She can tell it's in one of the nicer parts of town, where she rarely had to patrol as the Possum.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Harri-chan » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:05 am

Without even thinking about it, Georgia allowed her hand to be taken, and followed Amanda, like a much younger child, as her brown eyes fell across the screen of her cell phone. She felt the corners of her mouth rise into a smile when she saw that the party was happening, and for the first time in her whole life, she started to 'get' what was so great about the cell phone.

With one hand, she clumsily started her reply, and although it takes her far longer than it would for any normal teen, the simple message is sent by the time they reach the apartment, telling Dana she'll be there. Clutching the pink phone in one hand, she draws in a deep breath and looks around her new home with fondness, and then up at Amanda.

"Are there any chores for me to do before the party?", she asked.
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Blaze » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:42 am

Amanda smiles down fondly at Georgia.

"I can't remember the last time Suzie asked me if there were any chores she could do. Would you mind bringing the laundry hanging on the balcony in? I'll make your bag for the party."

She does that oddly comforting hair ruffle again before heading into her bedroom.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying