PFL Nights

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: PFL Nights

Postby Whatevr89532 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:04 pm

She starts to raise her hands in the air, and Clyve rushes at her with a punch. He stops short of a real punch, feinting and trying a second one, but she leaps to another end of the ring entirely and well out of the range of both. Then she does it again, and this time gets them all the way up, making a forward motion with them afterward. From nowhere, a giant wall of water appears behind Klera, and she leaps again and backflips, landing dead-center on top of it as it pushes forward in a single towering wave, standing atop it as if on an invisible surfboard. Clyve doesn't have anywhere to go to get away from the wave, and winds up on his back when it departs the ring and disappears again to wherever it came from.

Klera is holding her sword of water again when she lands back on solid ground, and Clyve remains on the ground for a good few seconds. Then he starts to slowly get up, and she half-staggers toward him, readying the weapon for another strike. She tries chopping at him while he's still on the ground, but he sees it coming and rolls out of the way before making his way back to his feet.

For a second it looks as if the Mightyena-man is just going to fall over again in a faint. But he throws his head back and gives a high-pitched, manic laugh that carries over the crowd. Klera tenses, looking worried and not quite sure how to prepare for whatever's about to happen. When he finishes laughing he moves as a sudden blur, making a full-on body slam too hard and fast for her to do much of anything about. They end up both on the ring floor, neither of them moving.

((Sucker Punch, Surf, Secret Sword, Take Down))
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:48 pm

Mini-Lina: *blinks* ...Well. That was sudden.

A Banzai impression. Cool!
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:52 pm

...Was that a double KO? Wasn't expecting that...
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:44 pm

After a brief pause, a Gardevoir-lady (who certainly bears no meaningful resemblance to a certain Gardevoir-person who used to(?) frequent Muffinville) floats up onto the platform and prods each of the combatants in turn before waving up at the press box. The pikachu-girl, still up there, can be heard on the sound system saying, "Well, it looks like it's official! We've got a tie!" The Gardevoir nods and floats back off stage, and then the whole ring gains a bluish glow for a moment. Both Klera and Clyve are gently lifted up and visibly healed before being set back down in a standing position, and then the glow subsides.

The announcer darts back onstage afterward. "Wow, that was some match, amirite?!" she says excitedly, and the crowd cheers in reply. Turning to the dark-type she says, "Well, going toe-to-toe with a Sword of Justice and pulling out a tie is quite a feat for a dark-type. I'd say that's more than good enough to go up a tier! Fortunately for you, the judges agree with me for once, too." Clyve grins and gives what looks like a laugh of relief.

She steps back a bit, looking between the two a couple of times, and then says, "Okay, it's time to shake hands! And, if there's anything you two want to say to each other? Say it!"
They step forward, Clyve offers his hand and Klera takes it, shaking. "You have no sense of honor and you fight like an @$^%*$%," the Keldeo-girl says, "but you're a lot less punchable than you look."
"Thanks. You're a pretty tough sell yourself," he replies.

While the two of them step off stage, the announcer takes center stage again. "All right, how's that for a start of the night?" (More cheering) "Well, stick around! After a short break for concessions and other things, we'll have our next match!" She leaves the stage after that, and the ring lights go dark while the rest of the stadium is lit up as it was before the first match started.
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:42 pm

Hey, Lina? Do me a flavor and grab me some cranberry juice, would--- *notices the empty seat next to her; blinks* ---...you?... Blast it, she's hitting the concessions already. *sighs in annoyance*

*looks around the stands* Strange... I would've thought Amber or Swift would be here to watch. I know Amber's been thinking about seeking out a part-time job with them in some capacity, and Swift's a fan of Whyte nowadays... *shrugs* Guess they just had other things to do tonight.

*turns and waves at Yoko* Excuse me, miss?
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:51 pm

Wonder who's on next... *Yoko looks down at Aldonza.* Yeah? What's up?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:03 pm

Just wanted to say hi. Don't think I've seen you too often around here. Then again, I'm usually only here 1 day out of 20...
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:31 pm

Likewise. The name's Yoko Ookalf, if you didn't know.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:46 pm

*blinks* Yoko? That name sounds... kinda familiar. *taps her chin a few times, trying to recall where she might've heard it before* Um... wild guess, but... golem, right?
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:12 pm

Yeah, that's me. You might also know my dad, Ookalf, or my... I guess you could call her my aunt, Circe. They're probably a bit more famous than I am.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:35 am

...Wait, what? ...Wow, and I thought Curtis had famous relatives... Um, okay... *blinks away her surprise, then smiles* Well then, Yoko, nice meeting you. I'm---

Mini-Lina: *sits back down, a pile of snacks in her arms* Her name's Aldonza, and she's a pain in the butt.

*pouts* Lina, you don't really mean that...
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:36 pm

Heh. I figured you'd know one of them... Anyway, it's nice to meet you too, Aldonza, Lina.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:52 pm

Mina-Lina: Meh. I guess the same to you, too. *sets down the snacks, aside from a fully cooked ham* Wouldn't have been here if I hadn't let Aldonza talk me into it.

Eh-heh-heh... don't mind her, Yoko. She's just mad because I dragged her away from a late meal to see the fights.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:55 pm

Well, I can see why you wouldn't want to miss that...
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:10 pm

Mini-Lina: Three dollars! That's it! Three dollars! And all I got out of that buffet was half a Dragon Slave's worth of calories! *tears into the ham ravenously*

Not even going to ask how you figured that out. So Yoko, I take it you're here to check this thing out, same as me? *gestures at the empty ring*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse