Assasination Harem!

[Placeholder]

Moderator: Mistress Guendolen

Re: Assasination Harem!

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:10 am

Estelle nods shyly at the compliment. When Lily asks her question, she stands up, clears her throat pointedly, follows the way Lance went into the kitchen and then the hallway adjacent to the dining room, making sure Lance isn't in probable earshot, before returning.

Her expression is markedly different: Serious, determined, something like that. It's because she isn't here right now; Lucas is talking. Out of character.

Lucas nods. "I know that all of you are on the same mission as me." Directed only at Diana: "And I'd really appreciate it if the next time you try to shoot someone, you make sure nobody else is behind them."

((Will rewrite if she bumps into Lance at some point there, though I got the impression she wouldn't.))
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby muffinstud » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:16 pm

=====
All

Lance is currently wrestling with the dishes, causing enough racket with the water and the clinking of plates that he won't be able to hear as long as they don't yell.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Knight Errant » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:34 pm

"Good... so we're all on the same page, then." She tugs at her top idly... looking away, then back. "I'd appreciate it if you all kept quiet and away from the landlord's room tonight. By tomorrow, all of this should be settled. By the professional." She slips the knife out of her sleeve... twirling it in her fingers as it catches the light.
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Zoey » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:37 pm

Diana scoffs. "Yes, like you managed earlier today... this is going to take more than just one person" she says idly flaunting her hair.
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby Mendi-chan » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:55 pm

"I don't know what I missed..." Teresa says, mustering up enough of her old self to state what she'd been thinking since earlier this afternoon, "...but are we sure this guy deserves a death sentence? I mean, is he all that bad? I mean, I thought they were sending us after some terrorist or super villain or something."
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:08 am

Lucas is just about to speak about poisoning tomorrow's lunch when Teresa interjects. She thinks about it for a moment. She has her doubts, too, but...

"It doesn't matter whether he deserves it or not. This..power, or whatever he has, if he learns he has it, there isn't anything to stop him from abusing it. You can think of it like going back in time and killing Hitler when he was an aspiring artist if you have to." She watches the newer girl closely, studying for a reaction to this argument. If she's going to be a liability she can't be warned about a poisonous lunch. The other two definitely can, but they're seeming less and less like the kind of people who would go out of their way to avoid collateral damage. Estelle would be busy distracting this girl from eating the whole time, and have to rely on the others more. That's fine, as long as they're reliable. Right?

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:12 am

Lily raises an eyebrow at Diana. "Big talk, considering how hard you botched your attempt. If he wasn't so oblivious, you'd have blown your cover along with your attempt. Tonight, when he is asleep... none of you will be in my way. And there will be nothing to stop me from ending him quickly. And perhaps even painlessly. I'll be on the lookout for any of his nonsense."

She looks over to Teresa... her eyes turn hard for a moment. "Great, someone tripped over and found their conscience. Do us all a favor and sit on your hands if you aren't going to be useful. We're here for a job. Not a bloody picnic. We want this ended quick-like. And preferably without blowing the goddamn house down." She adds, looking back to Diana.

Finally, she looks to Estelle. "Fluffy pants. Whats your story? You seem pretty good at handling slackjaw back there. I hope your not spineless like our new girl, or incompetent like Diana."
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Mendi-chan » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:39 pm

Teresa frowns, biting her lip. The maid girl had a point, but... it still didn't sit right with her. "I'm not really all for damning someone for a crime they haven't committed. It... it just doesn't feel right." She seems like she's about to explain more of her position, but Lily's hard gaze catches her off guard. Suddenly, her new feelings come to the fore and she finds herself more than a little nervous. M-maybe she'd spoken out of turn. As Lily stares her down she finds herself staring at the floor, trying desperately to avoid conflict.
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby Whatevr89532 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:21 am

A question about Lucas' (well, "Estelle's") background, by someone who clearly has experience killing people--one of two present, in fact. She needs to have enough respect from these people to get them to go along with hers in the future, and these are not the kind of people who would find reason to respect a roleplaying nerd in this context. The solution is easy: Another mask. It was already half-on anyway, with her putting on a serious face. Normally, out of character time is good for de-stressing and replenishing the willpower to keep up a facade, but Estelle is a relaxed enough persona (and unusually natural, thanks to the magic or whatever) that she can afford to be serious when "out of character" around these people. Anyway, it's not like Lucas has never gone a few roles deep before...but it has to be vague enough to be convincing.

This flashes through her mind quickly enough for the girl with the tail to almost immediately reply, "I do deep cover for a living...deeper than usual, in this case."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby muffinstud » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:03 am

=====
All

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything." Lance trots into the room, wiping his hands in celebration of a job well finished. He has a friendly smile. "It's nice to see all of you getting along already. I really hope you enjoy it here, consider it a home." He looks over the girls seated at the table. "I'll have to turn in early tonight. I have orientation at the college early in the morning, and I want to get my schedule and classes in order."

=====
Knight Errant

Lily recalls that she has an appointment to talk with her manager at a modeling agency later in the morning. Staying up shouldn't be an issue for her.

=====
Zoey

Diana remembers that the high school she is registered at has class fairly early in the morning. Thankfully, she is close enough she can walk to school.

=====
Mendi-Chan

Teresa has her own schedule of college classes tomorrow, though no doubt not as early as Lance. She should be fine staying up if she needs to orient herself.

=====
Whatevr

Estelle's memories remind her that it's best to handle the important chores early in the morning when possible. The most pressing matter is the grocery shopping, so that could be left for a little later in the morning if she chooses.
"Well, you'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, when you're living...in a van down by the river!" --Matt Foley, motivational speaker
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Knight Errant » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:15 pm

Lily slides the knife into her sleeve with a smooth motion... hopefully before you-know-who notices it. Her hard expression vanishes as quickly as the knife, as she folds her hands together on the table, looking over at Lance and smiling back. "Oh I'm sure we will... sleep well, Lance."
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Mendi-chan » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:30 pm

Teresa blinks, nodding to Lance as he leaves the room. "Good night." How strange... For all of them to be standing here talking about how he should die. She couldn't keep herself from frowning. Something felt sour about the whole thing. She turned to say something to Lily... but just bites her lip. Maybe she should just stay quiet while everyone else parses this out.
Husband to Mid Boss
Mendi-chan
MSF's Little Sister
MSF's Little Sister

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:48 pm

Estelle's ears pick up Lance before he comes in, and she's returned to her usual demeanor in time to turn toward him with it and nod pleasantly. Once he's out of the room she turns to the others to say, "Well, I have to be up in time to make breakfast so I'm going to turn in soon. Good night to you all."

She does not, in fact, go immediately to bed, instead seeing if she can find where some stationary and a pen might be. There are a couple of letters that should probably be delivered before she goes to sleep...

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Zoey » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:36 pm

Diana still has her sour face on as she almost seems to be glaring at Lance as he talks. Her expression slowly changes as the foreign thought of... having to go to school crosses her. She quickly crosses her arms and looks away. "I should be heading out too" she says getting up, for some reason Lance's pres-sense still irritating her in the bad way. "Don't let the bed bugs bite" she says before turning around and heading to her room.
"Let me confirm, your shelter shield is activated?"
"What are you planning?!"
"Your shelter is secure, is it?"
"Of course it is! Just see for yourself how powerless you are!"
"...Roger that."
Zoey
MSF Addict
MSF Addict

Postby muffinstud » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:28 pm

=====
All

Lance smiles and waves to the girls as he makes his way to the master suite. "Thank you. Have a good night ladies. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you." He pauses as he starts to close the double doors to his room. Then he turns to each of them in turn. "Estelle... Teresa... Diana... Lily... I hope I can make this a fun and memorable time for you. Please, let me know if there is anything I can do to make this boarding house a home for you." And with that, he shuts the door.

=====
Knight Errant

When Lance addresses LIly... she feels her heart beating a little bit faster. Finally, he paid her the attention she is due... and it feels... really nice.

=====
Zoey

Diane's heart almost skips a beat when Lance addresses her. His eyes seem to sparkle just a little bit. While she knows he's talking to the other girls... it feels like she's the only one in the room. It's difficult to stay so angry... at least until he shuts the door.

=====
Whatevr

Estelle finds her room much as she left it. There is one small difference, however. Resting upon the pristine sheets of her bed is a small, smooth stone that looks oddly familiar. If she is to give it a closer inspection, she will find that it is the very stone she had held to change into her current physical state. It looks a little more dull and faded, however... as if something within it has gone dark.
muffinstud
Postmonger
Postmonger

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying