The Way of the Iridescent Fist

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: The Way of the Iridescent Fist

Postby Knight Errant » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:00 pm

Blaze wrote:Ling smirks slightly. "Now you're getting it. Heels make excellent weapons once you have kicking down. But that will come in time. Now, drink."

As Charlotte raises the cup, Ling snatches it from her hand in a single, swift motion. Not a single drop of it falls. "Not like that. Gracefully, like this."

She raises the cup to her own lips, keeping the elbow bent low and moving it as little as possible. She sips, daintily, before placing it back down and nodding the princess to try again.

Charlotte mmms. Glad she was understanding part of this at least. Yet she winces as Ling grabs the cup... glaring... though it looks more like a demure pout. She watches Ling's movements... "This silly... but. You are teacher." She goes to try again... doing her best to mimic the movements of Ling.
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Feng » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:34 pm

Blaze wrote:
The ganguro pauses and turns to stare at the Chibi. She's still frowning, but there's a knowing glint in her eyes. "The 'Black Temple's' elder, you said. Which means you're not with him. So who are you with? Why are you spying on us?"

Out comes that box cutter again! And this time, several students that are jogging up and down the steps are around, several looking towards the two.

".... Seriously?" the ninja says, giving a head-tilt. "....That's not how the spy game works ya know...."

He pulls out a jitte.

"....If you want answers, you'll have to get them from me...."

He eyes the crowd of encroaching students and ponders.

"....I know! How about we make things official with a duel? You defeat me.... You learn who I'm in league with and why I'm here."

He glances upwards as the smoke element disperses and frowns. It wasn't like Master Waffle Iron's signature technique to be routed so readily. Clearly the Demon of the Black Temple had become brittle with age.

And still no sign of his quarry. Deep down, the mook hoped he didn't draw a suicide mission from the chore wheel.

Blaze wrote:
Ling vanishes under the foot! Could it be that the Chibi has bested her?... wait. Why is the light down by the smoke colossus's foot so much more brightly lit than the rest of it?

Suddenly, a figure flies through the humanoid figure, puncturing through the thick smoke and erupting through the head! Ling, clad with angelic wings, ascends towards the floating Master Waffle.

"Shining Purity Style; Jacob's Ladder," she intones in a reverberating voice, as she turns her flying ascension into a mighty uppercut, aiming for the Chibi's gut!

The soaring Chibi has the wind knocked out from under him (literally!), sending his tiny body hurtling to the floor. Yet the Demon of the Black Temple was not out of the race just yet.

"Did nobody ever tell ya to respect your elders?" he mused, raising his finger in a unique gesture.

The smoke from the elemental quivers a bit before reforming into a massive orb that hurtles overhead. In hindsight it was perhaps foolish to use a forceful attack against an opponent who had just bested an Oni.

The orb exploded sending streaks of smoke hissing to the ground below where they begin to pool.
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Blaze » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:58 am

Whatevr89532 wrote:"Okay." Despite what Ling just said about the style taking advantage of apparent harmlessness, Jade hopes this is about being comfortable with hugging people and not about her being thrown over on her back as a demonstration of the style's capacity to deal pain, so she goes in for the hug. As far as hugs go, she's basically a natural at that.

The hug is... a hug! Plain and simple, and probably something Ling had been wanting to do for a while. She rubs the wolfgirl's back a bit before pulling away with a fond smile. "Very good! Lesson one of Budding Cherry Style; 'believe in the goodness of others.' As a style that relies on your opponent not wanting to harm you, you need to believe that they're a good person deep down. You probably thought that this was a trick, but you went for it anyway. I'm proud of you~"

She then reaches forward, grabs a handful of Jade's sweater, and executes a perfect hip throw to try and toss her to the ground.

"Lesson two of Budding Cherry Style; 'you can't be a good person!' You'll likely always be at the physical disadvantage, so you must always cheat a little to stand a chance!"

Whatevr89532 wrote:"Well, in this aspect I have moderate strength but access to bursts of very high speed--a little like a cheetah. I can alternate between dual-wielding, single-wielding, moves beginning with the sword in its sheath or out. So, depending on the opponent, it may be best to rush in or to feint with one sword and go around to hit with the other--that kind of thing." Fox pauses. "I should mention what I mean by aspect. I can shift which expression of the color my body is, resulting in a few distinct forms with differing advantages to each. This is kind of my default form, and not all of the other forms are useful in a fight. But I do have a form that seems tuned for unarmed fighting like that, with high strength and durable claws and teeth."

Ling tilts her head from left to right, nodding at Fox's last sentence. "I would rather you did. While some of the martial arts I teach incorporate weapons, they are typically reserved for colors that often result in those touched by them gaining weapons. For example, Bloody Mandarin Style, Naturally, they could all incorporate weapons in time, but they are all fresh, ready to be molded by those who mastered them. So while your weapons may play a role in time, allow me to see what you are capable of with empty hands, if you don't mind."

AmbushCat wrote:Joni: I believe that can be arranged; I know of a nice place to go, and it's not like all of my off-hours are spent at Master Ling's school anyway. *smiles and offers her hand* I really appreciate this, Miss Jill. Thank you.

The elf gives a huffy little nod before turning her back on Joni and Ling. "If that's all, you can go now. Try not to trample the grass on your way out."

The forest darkens, and the maid feels a pulling sensation before she finds herself back in the 'level select.' Jill's door now has an orange light above it. Ling clears her throat.

"A slightly poor start, but that went quite well. Excellent work. Who's next?"

Knight Errant wrote:Charlotte mmms. Glad she was understanding part of this at least. Yet she winces as Ling grabs the cup... glaring... though it looks more like a demure pout. She watches Ling's movements... "This silly... but. You are teacher." She goes to try again... doing her best to mimic the movements of Ling.

A slow, dainty slip! Yes, that seemed better. Felt more natural too somehow. Ling nods approvingly and says. "Very good. Now put it back down... and do it again. Finish your cup."

She pays close attention, correcting the princess's posture when needed. And when she's done?

"Very good. Now... fill up your cup." She points to the teapot.

Feng wrote:".... Seriously?" the ninja says, giving a head-tilt. "....That's not how the spy game works ya know...."

He pulls out a jitte.

"....If you want answers, you'll have to get them from me...."

He eyes the crowd of encroaching students and ponders.

"....I know! How about we make things official with a duel? You defeat me.... You learn who I'm in league with and why I'm here."

He glances upwards as the smoke element disperses and frowns. It wasn't like Master Waffle Iron's signature technique to be routed so readily. Clearly the Demon of the Black Temple had become brittle with age.

And still no sign of his quarry. Deep down, the mook hoped he didn't draw a suicide mission from the chore wheel.

The ganguro, and all the other students frown at the Chibi. "I'm not here for spygames! I'm here to learn to defend myself. And if you're subt-sub... sneaky stuff is gonna interfere, then I'll defend it from you!"

She smirks at the mention of a duel. "Sure, fine. That means no running away this time, got it? I'll even, like, make it fair, watch."

She tosses the box cutter to one of the onlooking students as they fan out, making a perimeter on the stairs. The ganguro makes a 'come on' gesture, bright nails glittering in the sun.

Feng wrote:The soaring Chibi has the wind knocked out from under him (literally!), sending his tiny body hurtling to the floor. Yet the Demon of the Black Temple was not out of the race just yet.

"Did nobody ever tell ya to respect your elders?" he mused, raising his finger in a unique gesture.

The smoke from the elemental quivers a bit before reforming into a massive orb that hurtles overhead. In hindsight it was perhaps foolish to use a forceful attack against an opponent who had just bested an Oni.

The orb exploded sending streaks of smoke hissing to the ground below where they begin to pool.

Ling hovers in the air for a moment, flapping those pristine white wings. "I am far older than I look, sir," is all she intones in reply. Suddenly, the wings dissolve into feathers, making the woman plummet in pursuit of Master Waffle. She falls, bottom first towards him, as she begins to shimmer green.

"Bouncing Emerald Style: Rear Crush."

That behind is looking much perkier as she drops towards the Chibi. Perky and lethal.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:37 am

Blaze wrote:The elf gives a huffy little nod before turning her back on Joni and Ling. "If that's all, you can go now. Try not to trample the grass on your way out."

The forest darkens, and the maid feels a pulling sensation before she finds herself back in the 'level select.' Jill's door now has an orange light above it. Ling clears her throat.

"A slightly poor start, but that went quite well. Excellent work. Who's next?"

Joni: *blinks at what just transpired* Wow, I'd never pegged Jill for a tsundere... *clears her throat* Right. Let's see... I don't think I'm ready for Ayumi just yet. *walks towards Hannah's door* Her, on the other hand, I think I'm willing to try.
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Knight Errant » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:03 pm

Blaze wrote:A slow, dainty slip! Yes, that seemed better. Felt more natural too somehow. Ling nods approvingly and says. "Very good. Now put it back down... and do it again. Finish your cup."

She pays close attention, correcting the princess's posture when needed. And when she's done?

"Very good. Now... fill up your cup." She points to the teapot.

Charlotte mmms... that was strange... natural? But its so far from her normal movements. She gives Ling a look... "Me hope you not doing this to make fun of Charlotte." But looks back to the matter at hand... thinking. How would the puny human want her to act...?

Slowly... gently... she sets down the cup. Setting it on the saucer and doing her best to retain the posture Ling had corrected. Then she softly picks up the kettle in her gloved hands... going to pour oh-so-carefully.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:31 pm

Jade is thrown! "Ow...I can't say I didn't see that coming." She tries and stands back up. "Does learning this style involve being thrown until I understand how to throw? I won't complain, but...may need to mentally prepare myself for that."

--

"Very well." Fox nods, starting to glow faintly Crimson, and then pauses, the glow dissipating. "Oh, right. I almost forgot. The swords I left back at the front of your dojo are the 'weapon' portion of whatever aspect I'm in--although, they're not always weapons at all. For a lot of aspects, changing myself would just change them wherever they are, but since the 'weapon' becomes part of my body in this form they'll disappear from there and rejoin me. So..I should ask your permission to retrieve them in this way before I do so."
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Feng » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:25 pm

"....Your funeral, Bubbles...." says the Chibi tossing his Jitte to an onlooker. "Chibi ninja seldom fight fairly...."

He nodded to the school. "Your master is giving the Temple Elder a run for his money, though. Not bad...."

He quickly assumed a defensive stance. When the element of surprise was no long an option, Chibiwanbanshu tactics called for letting the opponent make the first strike. It gave the operative an opportunity to study his opponents movements and combat capabilities while also offering potential mistakes to exploit.

----

"Oh? Would you care to swap beauty care secrets after our fight then?" he smirked as the pools of shadow begin to take Chibi shape. "I know all the best hotsprings in the Chibi marketplace. I could take you on a-"

His teasing is cut short by Ling's perky bum making contact with his face.

".... .... I regret nothing~!"
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Blaze » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:13 am

AmbushCat wrote:Joni: *blinks at what just transpired* Wow, I'd never pegged Jill for a tsundere... *clears her throat* Right. Let's see... I don't think I'm ready for Ayumi just yet. *walks towards Hannah's door* Her, on the other hand, I think I'm willing to try.

Ling nods, and gestures to the door with the image of the pitcher upon it. It slides open, and...

The two find themselves sitting in the bleachers of a baseball diamond. Hannah is standing upon the pitcher's mound, hurling fastballs at the empty batting cage. Each one makes a resounding noise with each impact. Here, Ling places a hand on Joni's shoulder and whispers.

"Remember, this is an open dialogue between the two of you. Don't just offer her platitudes to secure her help. Let her know what you think."

Knight Errant wrote:Charlotte mmms... that was strange... natural? But its so far from her normal movements. She gives Ling a look... "Me hope you not doing this to make fun of Charlotte." But looks back to the matter at hand... thinking. How would the puny human want her to act...?

Slowly... gently... she sets down the cup. Setting it on the saucer and doing her best to retain the posture Ling had corrected. Then she softly picks up the kettle in her gloved hands... going to pour oh-so-carefully.

"If I were making fun of you dear, you would know," Ling replies with a small smile. She watches as Charlotte carefully pours the tea with gentle delicateness, nodding proudly once she had set it back down.

"Excellent, very good. Now... drink your tea!"

Suddenly, she lashes out with a jab! But the command jolts the former oni's muscles, already preparing her carry out the same sipping motion she had done so many times. What will she do?!

Whatevr89532 wrote:Jade is thrown! "Ow...I can't say I didn't see that coming." She tries and stands back up. "Does learning this style involve being thrown until I understand how to throw? I won't complain, but...may need to mentally prepare myself for that."

"Hmm? Oh, not really~ That was just to impress on you the first two important lessons," Ling says as she offers the wolfgirl her hands to help her back up.

"No, not yet at least. We'll be starting with the simpler parts of the style; joint locks!" She extends a hand to Jade, wiggling her fingers.

"Show me how you would lock down my hand!"

Whatevr89532 wrote:"Very well." Fox nods, starting to glow faintly Crimson, and then pauses, the glow dissipating. "Oh, right. I almost forgot. The swords I left back at the front of your dojo are the 'weapon' portion of whatever aspect I'm in--although, they're not always weapons at all. For a lot of aspects, changing myself would just change them wherever they are, but since the 'weapon' becomes part of my body in this form they'll disappear from there and rejoin me. So..I should ask your permission to retrieve them in this way before I do so."

Ling nods slowly. "Permission granted. Please make haste, I am quite eager to see what you have to show me."

Feng wrote:"....Your funeral, Bubbles...." says the Chibi tossing his Jitte to an onlooker. "Chibi ninja seldom fight fairly...."

He nodded to the school. "Your master is giving the Temple Elder a run for his money, though. Not bad...."

He quickly assumed a defensive stance. When the element of surprise was no long an option, Chibiwanbanshu tactics called for letting the opponent make the first strike. It gave the operative an opportunity to study his opponents movements and combat capabilities while also offering potential mistakes to exploit.

If the Chibiwanbanshu want to let the ganguro go first, she's all too happy to oblige. But as she rushes to attack, he may notice the issue of terrain. He was following her up the stairs, and there is where they duel. She already had the height advantage, but this only amplifies it.

She launches herself from her step, aiming a very fashionable and shapely kick through the Chibi's guard, aiming to strike him square in the face with her fashionable heels!

Feng wrote:"Oh? Would you care to swap beauty care secrets after our fight then?" he smirked as the pools of shadow begin to take Chibi shape. "I know all the best hotsprings in the Chibi marketplace. I could take you on a-"

His teasing is cut short by Ling's perky bum making contact with his face.

".... .... I regret nothing~!"

"If you're so eager to lose the ravages of age, become my student," is all Ling has to say in response as she crushes the old Chibi. Planting her hands, she follows up by going to ensnare his neck with her thighs before starting to spin in a capoeira fashion, swinging Master Waffle with her!

"Whirring Cog Style: Uncoiled Spring."

She releases her grip, hurling the Chibi at the shadows that rise from the smoke!
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:36 pm

Blaze wrote:Ling nods, and gestures to the door with the image of the pitcher upon it. It slides open, and...

The two find themselves sitting in the bleachers of a baseball diamond. Hannah is standing upon the pitcher's mound, hurling fastballs at the empty batting cage. Each one makes a resounding noise with each impact. Here, Ling places a hand on Joni's shoulder and whispers.

"Remember, this is an open dialogue between the two of you. Don't just offer her platitudes to secure her help. Let her know what you think."

*Joni nods, but remains silent and watches Hannah for a few more pitches. After a little bit she nods, heads for the bottom of the bleachers and starts waving*
Hannaaahhhhh! Hey, #1, over here!

((OOC: Feeling kinda... tired today. Tired and detached. Don't know if I'll be on later today or not, so I might as well get this out of the way. :| ))
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Feng » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:45 pm

The Chibi ninja blinks as the heeled shoe goes for his head. ".... Oh right. The high ground...."

He raised his arms to block; not fast enough however, as the kick manages to knock out one of his molars.

The ninja spits the broken tooth out onto the steps, wiping the blood with his hand. "You're lucky my employer offers dental or else I'd be quite-"

He pauses, looking at something in the crowd of students, as if he recognized something.... Leaving his guard down.

---

"Betray my oaths to the Black Temple? Betray my duties to the Smoking One and the rest?" said Waffle Iron, an incredulous look on his face. "All so I can train with your comely students?"

He is tossed into the shadows.... Ling probably shouldn't have done that, honestly. The shadowy smoke has reformed, taking on human form. Each is armed with a plethora of weapons: tetsubo, katanas, kusari-gamas, brass knuckles....

"I won't lie; that is a very tempting offer" echoes the voice of Waffle Iron from within the army. "But no matter. You still must finish this duel."
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:48 pm

Jade looks at the hand...reaches out her right hand as if to offer a handshake...and then tries to grab the wrist with her left hand at the last second to twist at it.

--

Fox nods. "I just tend to err on the side of courteousness." He glows Crimson again, and this time the glow brightens, and shifts his body. The black portions of his fur and hair coloration seem to stain to a bright red as if paint (or blood) were being poured down on them, including the hair growing a bit longer. His eyes turn red and gain a slitted look to them, and some fangs visibly poke out from his mouth. He grows a bit taller but slims slightly in appearance, his clothes shrinking a bit and making it increasingly obvious the new form is a female one. Before long, her chest pushes out into a fairly large pair of breasts, and then she stretches out one arm and then another as more bright red fur ripples across each, the hands expanding out into big clawed monstrous things (this is the point at which the sheathed swords over in storage disappear in a small display of shimmering Crimson sparkles).

Fox sighs slightly as if in relief. "I nickname this look 'Claws' for obvious reasons. Very bad at tool use. Great for a fight, but least favorite if I had to be stuck in just one aspect."
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:46 pm

Blaze wrote:"If I were making fun of you dear, you would know," Ling replies with a small smile. She watches as Charlotte carefully pours the tea with gentle delicateness, nodding proudly once she had set it back down.

"Excellent, very good. Now... drink your tea!"

Suddenly, she lashes out with a jab! But the command jolts the former oni's muscles, already preparing her carry out the same sipping motion she had done so many times. What will she do?!

The new girl is caught up in conflicting reflexes. She wanted to counter... to attack... she also wanted to shrink away and flee... but the command is the one to come out on top. Her slender fingers wound around the handle, she brings up an arm between Ling and herself... But... that sedate, dainty sipping motion couldn't possibly be fast enough... right? But it couldn't be faster... or she'd get tea everywhere... maybe she would anyway. Being struck while holding a teacup would be disastrous... not that she cared what happened to the silky white dress...
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Blaze » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:08 am

AmbushCat wrote:*Joni nods, but remains silent and watches Hannah for a few more pitches. After a little bit she nods, heads for the bottom of the bleachers and starts waving*
Hannaaahhhhh! Hey, #1, over here!

((OOC: Feeling kinda... tired today. Tired and detached. Don't know if I'll be on later today or not, so I might as well get this out of the way. :| ))

[No worries, we all have those days!]

The pitcher stops and turns, her face cool as ice in spite of the sweat that coats her face, honest proof of her hard work. She then tosses her cap onto the ground and puts her ball into it.

"Hey. What are you doing here?" she asks. There's thatfrosty on-the-field attitude of hers...

Feng wrote:The Chibi ninja blinks as the heeled shoe goes for his head. ".... Oh right. The high ground...."

He raised his arms to block; not fast enough however, as the kick manages to knock out one of his molars.

The ninja spits the broken tooth out onto the steps, wiping the blood with his hand. "You're lucky my employer offers dental or else I'd be quite-"

He pauses, looking at something in the crowd of students, as if he recognized something.... Leaving his guard down.

"Oh don't worry. I'll leave the company dentist a rich man once I'm through with you!" the ganguro shouts. The Chibi's feint is obvious. So obvious that several of the onlookers start to shout a warning.

But the girl is just far too aggressive. She's lunging again, this time pivoting to launch a vicious roundhouse at the Chibi's head!.

Feng wrote:"Betray my oaths to the Black Temple? Betray my duties to the Smoking One and the rest?" said Waffle Iron, an incredulous look on his face. "All so I can train with your comely students?"

He is tossed into the shadows.... Ling probably shouldn't have done that, honestly. The shadowy smoke has reformed, taking on human form. Each is armed with a plethora of weapons: tetsubo, katanas, kusari-gamas, brass knuckles....

"I won't lie; that is a very tempting offer" echoes the voice of Waffle Iron from within the army. "But no matter. You still must finish this duel."

"It's clear that they don't respect you enough to give you missions you care about. You've not been invested in this fight at all," Ling notes as the Chibi manifests an army around him.

"And I intend to. I respect my opponents enough to do at least that." She assumes an odd stance, arms by her head, back straight and on her tiptoes like she were wearing heels... before seemingly gliding through the army.

"Merry Splash Style: Sunday Rush," she says, dancing between the shadows and their blows like how a waitress flows from table to table during the lunch hour! All the while seeking out the source; Master Waffle.

Whatevr89532 wrote:Jade looks at the hand...reaches out her right hand as if to offer a handshake...and then tries to grab the wrist with her left hand at the last second to twist at it.

The young Ling's hand is twisted! Though she winces a little, she smiles proudly. "Excellent, very good! Something like this will deal with a lot of threats. But then, what happens if they do this?"

She looks at Jade... and suddenly gives her a dose of the puppy dog eyes for a change. Purple eyes shimmering, lower lip trembling. She's... cute!
Way too cute to be twisting her arm!

Whatevr89532 wrote:Fox nods. "I just tend to err on the side of courteousness." He glows Crimson again, and this time the glow brightens, and shifts his body. The black portions of his fur and hair coloration seem to stain to a bright red as if paint (or blood) were being poured down on them, including the hair growing a bit longer. His eyes turn red and gain a slitted look to them, and some fangs visibly poke out from his mouth. He grows a bit taller but slims slightly in appearance, his clothes shrinking a bit and making it increasingly obvious the new form is a female one. Before long, her chest pushes out into a fairly large pair of breasts, and then she stretches out one arm and then another as more bright red fur ripples across each, the hands expanding out into big clawed monstrous things (this is the point at which the sheathed swords over in storage disappear in a small display of shimmering Crimson sparkles).

Fox sighs slightly as if in relief. "I nickname this look 'Claws' for obvious reasons. Very bad at tool use. Great for a fight, but least favorite if I had to be stuck in just one aspect."

Ling regards the transformation of Fox from male swordsman to female werewolf with a slight nod. "Oh, those are impressive," she says with clear admiration in her voice as she regards the claws. "May I?" she asks, gesturing at the claws, returning that courtesy.

If given the okay, she walks up and takes them in her hands, carefully examining them. "Oh yes, I think we could show each other some great things..."

Knight Errant wrote:The new girl is caught up in conflicting reflexes. She wanted to counter... to attack... she also wanted to shrink away and flee... but the command is the one to come out on top. Her slender fingers wound around the handle, she brings up an arm between Ling and herself... But... that sedate, dainty sipping motion couldn't possibly be fast enough... right? But it couldn't be faster... or she'd get tea everywhere... maybe she would anyway. Being struck while holding a teacup would be disastrous... not that she cared what happened to the silky white dress...

It seems ridiculous, to counter a jab with the act of bringing tea to the lips. And yet, that gentle, subtle motion comes out fast enough that the back of Charlotte's hand just brushes Ling's fist, deflecting it so it goes past her head, gently brushing her long golden locks. Her new master give a satisfied smile.

"That was excellent. You see? It does not take brute strength."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Feng » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:11 am

The chibi eyes widened with mix recognition and horror as he spied his long-sought quarry intermingled in the crowd of students, blending in to the crowd of shouting students. Yes, there was no doubt about it. The outfit was a dead giveaway. Now, if only he could somehow break away from th-And now he just got round house kicked in the face...

Sending the Chibi flying from the steps and hurtling to the ground below.

He groaned, attempting to pick himself up as he glanced around for the target, only to see they had vanished.

"Damn it!" he cursed, spitting another tooth onto the grass. The boss was not going to be happy that the quarry had escaped.... But at least he did confirm their suspicions.

---

Waffle Iron (and the rest of the army) raise an eyebrow at that.

::An odd assumption.::

Ling's technique manages to dispel the Smoke ninja rather easily. Like a certain technique utilized by the ninja of Muffingakure, the doubles were quite fragile. In essence their purpose was to overwhelm the enemy with numbers, not expertise in one-on-one combat. Yet as she continues to plow through the field of chibi like a reaper through grain, she may begin to realize that Waffle Iron is not among the smoke anymore.
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:37 pm

Blaze wrote:[No worries, we all have those days!]

The pitcher stops and turns, her face cool as ice in spite of the sweat that coats her face, honest proof of her hard work. She then tosses her cap onto the ground and puts her ball into it.

"Hey. What are you doing here?" she asks. There's thatfrosty on-the-field attitude of hers...

Joni: Do you have time to talk for a few minutes, or are you busy practicing? I could always try back later if you are...
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse