Circe's Manor Raids Again

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Circe's Manor Raids Again

Postby xGoggles » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:20 am

Ookalf wrote:OK, more jumps... At least there don't seem to be many enemies this time. *The maid starts making her way across the platforms, stopping to carefully time each one.*

And she jumps, jumps and jumps across the platforms, almost misstepping a few times, but she had plenty of practice now with jumping this way to make it through without falling in the dark depths. Now back on solid ground, she is greeted by two turrets firing from a distance and a lot of rolling units trying to push her back and off the edge! The turret's fire rate is slow, but their blasts have a heavy impact if they do hit. Not enough though to charge the blade in time to get rid of all the rollers in a single sweep, so she better starts slashing repeatably before they'd rush her off the stage!

Ryan5011 wrote:"Well, it's not like sitting around gets you any answers. Pretty sure I'll need to meet with them pretty soon, so if you don't want to go by yourself, we could see them together."
Ookalf wrote:Yeah, sooner is probably better in this case. It's all up to you, though.

"Ah, yes, going together sounds fine. But umm.. we kinda came here to eat.. So.. How about after that??", he said, totally not stalling or anything~
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:57 pm

xGoggles wrote:And she jumps, jumps and jumps across the platforms, almost misstepping a few times, but she had plenty of practice now with jumping this way to make it through without falling in the dark depths. Now back on solid ground, she is greeted by two turrets firing from a distance and a lot of rolling units trying to push her back and off the edge! The turret's fire rate is slow, but their blasts have a heavy impact if they do hit. Not enough though to charge the blade in time to get rid of all the rollers in a single sweep, so she better starts slashing repeatably before they'd rush her off the stage!

Very well, hack and slash it is! *The maid rushes at the rollers and lays into them with her blade as fast as she can!*

xGoggles wrote:"Ah, yes, going together sounds fine. But umm.. we kinda came here to eat.. So.. How about after that??", he said, totally not stalling or anything~

Oh, right... Well, since we've found our seats now, I can go ahead and put in some orders for us. What did you want, anyway?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:53 am

Ookalf wrote:Very well, hack and slash it is! *The maid rushes at the rollers and lays into them with her blade as fast as she can!*

This part wasn't much a problem if she had a flamethrower or some explosives, but using the blade did help with countering the turrets blasts but it isn't fast enough to deal with all the rolling units. If she keeps slashing and trying to stay put they might just push her off the stage!

Ookalf wrote:Oh, right... Well, since we've found our seats now, I can go ahead and put in some orders for us. What did you want, anyway?

Dan ponders for a moment. "Umm, can I order anything? How about.. lasagna? Is lasagna an option??"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:23 pm

Random Maid #63.415: Everything is an option.
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:09 am

xGoggles wrote:This part wasn't much a problem if she had a flamethrower or some explosives, but using the blade did help with countering the turrets blasts but it isn't fast enough to deal with all the rolling units. If she keeps slashing and trying to stay put they might just push her off the stage!

Ack! Gotta keep moving... *The maid starts hopping around the arena to try and stay on, getting her hits in where she can.*

xGoggles wrote:Dan ponders for a moment. "Umm, can I order anything? How about.. lasagna? Is lasagna an option??"

AmbushCat wrote:Random Maid #63.415: Everything is an option.

Pff, pretty much. So I'll go ahead and get that lasagna for you and something for me, and you can just wait here 'til I get back. 'kay? *Penny gets up and starts heading for the kitchen.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:59 am

Ookalf wrote:Ack! Gotta keep moving... *The maid starts hopping around the arena to try and stay on, getting her hits in where she can.*

And hopping around did seem to work not getting pushed back any further. Sure she was hitting less frequently but the main objective was not to kill but to not fall off the edge with them! Eventually, the swarm of rollers all passed her and left her alone to deal with the turrets that were firing at her.

Ookalf wrote:Pff, pretty much. So I'll go ahead and get that lasagna for you and something for me, and you can just wait here 'til I get back. 'kay? *Penny gets up and starts heading for the kitchen.*

"Ya, okay, I'll just stay here." Dan looks as Penny left to the kitchen, then looks back towards Arisu.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ryan5011 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:37 pm

Arisu makes a few low beeping noises, doing a quick self scan as she looks around, noting to herself the new maid that showed up, stopping once Dan enters her gaze, noticing Dan looking at her "Hmm? Something the matter? Curious about something?"
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:08 pm

He replies, "Uh.. no.. well maybe? Just wondering if maybe you were hungry too, but I suppose robots don't eat?.. Or do they?"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ryan5011 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:29 pm

There's the sound of an audible click from the back of Arisu's head shortly after the beeps finish, "Not robots like me no, not with food anyways. Magitech robots created through Nullcite feeds, for lack of a better word, on the mana within the air instead."
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:55 am

"Oooh, so like a magical fueled robot then? That sounds pretty advanced, who was your creator?" Dan keeps staring at Arisu with a genuine interest.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ryan5011 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:17 pm

Arisu shakes her head to Dan's question, "No one, it's more of a device that can convert whoever it bonds with into a robot at their will....though I'm not sure how to turn back."
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:46 pm

xGoggles wrote:And hopping around did seem to work not getting pushed back any further. Sure she was hitting less frequently but the main objective was not to kill but to not fall off the edge with them! Eventually, the swarm of rollers all passed her and left her alone to deal with the turrets that were firing at her.

Well, at least that worked... *With them out of the way the maid focuses her efforts on absorbing the turrets' shots and and counterattacking.*

Ryan5011 wrote:Arisu shakes her head to Dan's question, "No one, it's more of a device that can convert whoever it bonds with into a robot at their will....though I'm not sure how to turn back."

That's what you're here to figure out, right?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:11 am

Ookalf wrote:Well, at least that worked... *With them out of the way the maid focuses her efforts on absorbing the turrets' shots and and counterattacking.*

Dealing with big-shot turrets now was piece of cake with the blade, with their slow frequency fire any shot was simply absorbed by a swing of the blade. Sure maybe they could have aimed for the ground underneath her instead and catch her in the explosion, but the game's programmed intelligence wasn't that smart.
But what will the maid do now? Keep playing catch until her blade is all charged up? What after that? Use the charge against the turrets or keep it for later?

Ryan5011 wrote:Arisu shakes her head to Dan's question, "No one, it's more of a device that can convert whoever it bonds with into a robot at their will....though I'm not sure how to turn back."

Dan blinks a bit, thinking about what Arisu just said. "W-wait.. Do you mean you.. weren't a robot before?.."
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ryan5011 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:44 pm

Arisu gives Dan a nod and gives the other girl a headshake. "I'm here to work....and get this body's mapping device repaired. As for what I was before, I was an elemental. An artificially born one, but an elemental nonetheless."
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:06 pm

Random Maid #63.415: In short, my dear Watson, it's all elementally.
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse