Circe's Manor Raids Again

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Circe's Manor Raids Again

Postby xGoggles » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:42 am

Ryan5011 wrote:Arisu gives Dan a nod and gives the other girl a headshake. "I'm here to work....and get this body's mapping device repaired. As for what I was before, I was an elemental. An artificially born one, but an elemental nonetheless."

"An elemental?... Like.. some kind of being that uses a certain element as a physical body, right?... Hmm.. What element were you made of? Did it feel very different from being a robot now?" Arisu surely had Dan's interest now, as he kept asking more and more questions about her magical nature.
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:50 am

xGoggles wrote:Dealing with big-shot turrets now was piece of cake with the blade, with their slow frequency fire any shot was simply absorbed by a swing of the blade. Sure maybe they could have aimed for the ground underneath her instead and catch her in the explosion, but the game's programmed intelligence wasn't that smart.
But what will the maid do now? Keep playing catch until her blade is all charged up? What after that? Use the charge against the turrets or keep it for later?

*Without anything specific to plan ahead for the maid figures she may as well us what she has, and unleashes her wave on the turrets.*

---

*While Dan and Arisu are talking, Penny returns carrying Dan's lasagna and a bowl of soup for herself.* Back! Did I miss anything?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:59 am

Using the charge was on the turrets was reasonable to do, since their placement was annoying to reach with a melee weapon, might as well get them out of the way, right?
Going further into the level she had to deal with.. yes yet another jumping and dodging section... The assembly-line stage... Platforms spinning in certain directions, either accelerating her dangerously or slowing her down a lot while rolling backward. Sure just a lot of running but the difficult part was dodging the falling boxes around while controlling her speed on the assembly-lines!

----

Noticing Penny's return Dan turned and said, "Welcome back~ And, well, Arisu was explaining they actually were an elemental turned into a robot. Amazing, right?"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ryan5011 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:02 pm

Arisu just gives Dan a rather deadpan stare, before giving Penny a wave as she returns! "I don't think it's anything that special Dan."
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:35 am

xGoggles wrote:Using the charge was on the turrets was reasonable to do, since their placement was annoying to reach with a melee weapon, might as well get them out of the way, right?
Going further into the level she had to deal with.. yes yet another jumping and dodging section... The assembly-line stage... Platforms spinning in certain directions, either accelerating her dangerously or slowing her down a lot while rolling backward. Sure just a lot of running but the difficult part was dodging the falling boxes around while controlling her speed on the assembly-lines!

Ugh... How long can this go on? *The maid hops along the conveyors, avoiding the boxes as best she can. At one point she tries slashing one of the boxes a bit to see if it's possible to break them.*

xGoggles wrote:Noticing Penny's return Dan turned and said, "Welcome back~ And, well, Arisu was explaining they actually were an elemental turned into a robot. Amazing, right?"

Really? Neat. *Penny hands Dan his lasagna then takes a seat herself.*

Ryan5011 wrote:Arisu just gives Dan a rather deadpan stare, before giving Penny a wave as she returns! "I don't think it's anything that special Dan."

*Penny nods to Arisu as well.* Maybe that sort of thing's just not common in his world...
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:24 pm

Ookalf wrote:Ugh... How long can this go on? *The maid hops along the conveyors, avoiding the boxes as best she can. At one point she tries slashing one of the boxes a bit to see if it's possible to break them.*

Fortunately, from what she remembers from the level, after this it was pretty much a small walk to the boss, just this little stage was quite annoying.
Now for the first time at this stage, she tried hitting the boxes instead of just dodging them, they were difficult to break with a blaster, but her high damage blade was able to cleave them right through before they could be a problem! And guess what was inside the boxes? Extra health! Quite handy right before the big boss fight~
Eventually, after hitting some boxes and jumping around on the conveyors, she finally made it past that annoying stage...

Only a bridge and a few weak explosive minions in the way of the final boss!

Ookalf wrote:Noticing Penny's return Dan turned and said, "Welcome back~ And, well, Arisu was explaining they actually were an elemental turned into a robot. Amazing, right?"
Really? Neat. *Penny hands Dan his lasagna then takes a seat herself.*

"Mhm~! And thanks, that looks delicious!", Dan happily accepts the lasagna and sets it ready on the table to be eaten.

Ryan5011 wrote:Arisu just gives Dan a rather deadpan stare, before giving Penny a wave as she returns! "I don't think it's anything that special Dan."
Ookalf wrote:*Penny nods to Arisu as well.* Maybe that sort of thing's just not common in his world...

He blinks for a moment, then answers, "Y-yeah... we only are in the early stages of robotics, and elementals are only in works of fictions from where I'm from. I find it pretty amazing that I actually met a real one.. umm.. former one I guess."
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:44 pm

*Meanwhile, the front bell rings.*
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:41 pm

xGoggles wrote:Fortunately, from what she remembers from the level, after this it was pretty much a small walk to the boss, just this little stage was quite annoying.
Now for the first time at this stage, she tried hitting the boxes instead of just dodging them, they were difficult to break with a blaster, but her high damage blade was able to cleave them right through before they could be a problem! And guess what was inside the boxes? Extra health! Quite handy right before the big boss fight~
Eventually, after hitting some boxes and jumping around on the conveyors, she finally made it past that annoying stage...

Only a bridge and a few weak explosive minions in the way of the final boss!"

At least that'll help a bit... *The maid takes the health before moving on to the bridge. She attempts to just dodge her way past the exploding enemies, not wanting to deal with the blasts at the short range her sword requires.*

xGoggles wrote:"Mhm~! And thanks, that looks delicious!", Dan happily accepts the lasagna and sets it ready on the table to be eaten.

It should taste it, too. Go ahead and dig in!

AmbushCat wrote:*Meanwhile, the front bell rings.*

*Moments later, a maid opens the door!* Who is it?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:34 pm

Ookalf wrote:At least that'll help a bit... *The maid takes the health before moving on to the bridge. She attempts to just dodge her way past the exploding enemies, not wanting to deal with the blasts at the short range her sword requires.*

That was kinda the issue though, normally she had a ranged weapon to just blast the explosive units from afar before they could even reach her.. now she only had a short range melee weapon...
And as far as dodging goes... sure they were slow and only exploded when getting too close but.. their explosion radius was pretty big!

Ookalf wrote:It should taste it, too. Go ahead and dig in!

Dan starts to taste the lasagna, half curious if this dish was made regularly or made by magic. Would one even be able to taste the difference?
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:51 am

Cat-eared maid: *visibly trying to maintain a pleasant demeanor* I'd like a meeting with your boss, if I could. Is she busy? It's kind of important.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:16 pm

xGoggles wrote:That was kinda the issue though, normally she had a ranged weapon to just blast the explosive units from afar before they could even reach her.. now she only had a short range melee weapon...
And as far as dodging goes... sure they were slow and only exploded when getting too close but.. their explosion radius was pretty big!

Really starting to wish I'd save a blast for this...! *The maid starts moving faster, trying to past each exploder as soon as it looks like it's about to go off.*

xGoggles wrote:Dan starts to taste the lasagna, half curious if this dish was made regularly or made by magic. Would one even be able to taste the difference?

*It doesn't taste particularly magical, as far as Dan can tell, but it is good! It might even be among the best he's had.*

AmbushCat wrote:Cat-eared maid: *visibly trying to maintain a pleasant demeanor* I'd like a meeting with your boss, if I could. Is she busy? It's kind of important.

Oh, sure! Right this way! *The maid lets the cat-eared girl inside.* Let me guess. You're here for a job interview, right? I see you've already got the uniform for it.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Abillioncats » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:56 pm

A boy skulked just outside the manor, keeping his head low to avoid being spotted as he poked his head up to peek through a window. "I heard there were a lot of hot chicks dressed as maids here...I just gotta see for myself~" The boy said with a sly grin on his face. His plan was perfect! Even if he got spotted, he could just run away, or make up some excuse as to why he was there.
Kitty Kennel (aka my roster of characters)
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:59 am

Ookalf wrote:Really starting to wish I'd save a blast for this...! *The maid starts moving faster, trying to past each exploder as soon as it looks like it's about to go off.*

Well, lesson learned for next time.. if she'd ever wanted to replay this game again... Now trying to outpace the units that exploded was slightly harder than she thought. She managed to avoid the first one, but couldn't out dodge the explosion of the next! Ouch! Lucky she had picked up that extra health though, but she might want to try jumping backward instead of past them, and see if that helps.

Ookalf wrote:*It doesn't taste particularly magical, as far as Dan can tell, but it is good! It might even be among the best he's had.*

"Yum! It tastes even better than it smells~ They sure know how to cook here", Dan said in between bites.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:29 am

Ookalf wrote:Oh, sure! Right this way! *The maid lets the cat-eared girl inside.* Let me guess. You're here for a job interview, right? I see you've already got the uniform for it.

CE-Maid: *sweatdrops as she follows her in* Something along those lines, yes.

Abillioncats wrote:A boy skulked just outside the manor, keeping his head low to avoid being spotted as he poked his head up to peek through a window. "I heard there were a lot of hot chicks dressed as maids here...I just gotta see for myself~" The boy said with a sly grin on his face. His plan was perfect! Even if he got spotted, he could just run away, or make up some excuse as to why he was there.

*One particular maid can be seen through the window, still in full uniform (more specifically, the uniform seen in this picture). She seems to be a fairly short half-cat, half-human: bipedal like a human, body of a giant tuxedo-furred cat. She has a patch of white fur on her lower face and neck, with a distinctive black spot that resembles a half-mustache.

*Strangely enough she seems to be already aware of the boy's presence, if the fact that she's standing right in front of the window and staring down at it is any indication.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Abillioncats » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:33 pm

AmbushCat wrote:*One particular maid can be seen through the window, still in full uniform (more specifically, the uniform seen in this picture). She seems to be a fairly short half-cat, half-human: bipedal like a human, body of a giant tuxedo-furred cat. She has a patch of white fur on her lower face and neck, with a distinctive black spot that resembles a half-mustache.

*Strangely enough she seems to be already aware of the boy's presence, if the fact that she's standing right in front of the window and staring down at it is any indication.*

He yelps in surprise when he sees the cat maid, falling backwards onto the hard ground behind him. "Ow..."
Kitty Kennel (aka my roster of characters)
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse