Circe's Manor Raids Again

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Circe's Manor Raids Again

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:05 pm

*The maid opens the window and stares down at the boy passively for a few moments, not reacting one way or another. When she speaks, it's with a weird combination of female pitch and identity with masculine overtones; it's confusing, yet vaguely enthralling.*
Boredom killing you or something, kid?
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Abillioncats » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:56 pm

The boy rubs the back of his head a bit, groaning a little before looking at the maid. "I um...I was just uh...you know...I think I took a wrong turn somewhere!"
Kitty Kennel (aka my roster of characters)
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:36 pm

xGoggles wrote:Well, lesson learned for next time.. if she'd ever wanted to replay this game again... Now trying to outpace the units that exploded was slightly harder than she thought. She managed to avoid the first one, but couldn't out dodge the explosion of the next! Ouch! Lucky she had picked up that extra health though, but she might want to try jumping backward instead of past them, and see if that helps.

OK, bad idea! *The next time the maid encounters a bomb she tries retreating back the way she came instead of trying to push past it, in case that makes any kind of difference.*

xGoggles wrote:"Yum! It tastes even better than it smells~ They sure know how to cook here", Dan said in between bites.

You know it! *Penny's already started on her own meal as well.*

AmbushCat wrote:CE-Maid: *sweatdrops as she follows her in* Something along those lines, yes.

Well, I'm sure you'll love it. Just follow me! *The maid leads her guest away into the manor, toward the library.* Miss Circe should be right through here!
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:08 am

Ookalf wrote:OK, bad idea! *The next time the maid encounters a bomb she tries retreating back the way she came instead of trying to push past it, in case that makes any kind of difference.*

At it worked! She just barely escaped the explosion this time! though.. she did land on her butt by falling backward. This part of the level was so much easier with a ranged weapon.. but oh well.. only two more explosives to go.

Ookalf wrote:You know it! *Penny's already started on her own meal as well.*

Looking over the soup Penny got herself, he asks, "
What kind of soup did you get?
"
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:17 pm

Abillioncats wrote:The boy rubs the back of his head a bit, groaning a little before looking at the maid. "I um...I was just uh...you know...I think I took a wrong turn somewhere!"

Kid, I may be apathetic, but I'm not stupid. I heard you muttering outside the window this whole time. *gestures at her ears* These things do a lot more than just add big fuzzy triangles to my head.

*Strangely, the boy might get the impression that this maid is forcing herself to care enough to speak at all, as if it's too much trouble for her. Weird.*

Ookalf wrote:Well, I'm sure you'll love it. Just follow me! *The maid leads her guest away into the manor, toward the library.* Miss Circe should be right through here!

CE-Maid: *looking a bit worried as she goes* Based on what I'm seeing of the layout, I'm hoping your boss isn't a minotaur or anything like that...
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Abillioncats » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:35 pm

The boy slowly stands up, looking a bit embarrassed. "Right then...I'm just...gonna go..." He started to walk away.
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:13 am

Abillioncats wrote:The boy slowly stands up, looking a bit embarrassed. "Right then...I'm just...gonna go..." He started to walk away.

Before you go, kid. *scrawls something on a piece of paper, wads it up, and tosses it out the window at him* Catch.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Abillioncats » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:25 am

The boy snatched the piece of paper out of the air, quickly uncrumpling it to read it. "What's this?"
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:33 am

My number, in case you ever want to talk about whatever. My work shifts are randomized as to when and where, so I can't guarantee I'll always be able to answer.

*Indeed, a standard phone number is written down, complete with area code. Below it is the girl's name ("Abby Dubious") written in a fairly sloppy font.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Abillioncats » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:49 am

"Oh, well thanks." The boy said as he pockets the note. "I'm uh...my name is Robin." Abby seemed like a nice enough...cat-human thing...or whatever she was. But as it was, he wanted to see maids that were...his species.

"Well, see ya around I guess." Robin said before finally turning away to continue his search for maids.
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:26 pm

*Abby nods, thinking that she's not likely to get any calls from him but not dredging up enough energy to care about that, and goes about her business. Of course her apathy results in her leaving the window open, but you can't win them all. >^_^< *
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Abillioncats » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:41 am

"Phew...I'm luckily I was caught by that one...she didn't seem to care that I'm snooping around...or about anything really..." Robin said to himself as he trailed around outside of the manor, looking for yet another window to peak in.
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:16 am

AmbushCat wrote:CE-Maid: *looking a bit worried as she goes* Based on what I'm seeing of the layout, I'm hoping your boss isn't a minotaur or anything like that...

*Her guide laughs.* No, no, not at all! I mean, there might be one or two of those here, but Miss Circe's not one of them... *The duo finally arrive at the library, where they find Circe studying a spellbook!* Miss Circe! We have a new maid here to see you.

Oh? *Circe looks up from her book and spots the cat-eared one.* I see. So, what brings you here?

xGoggles wrote:At it worked! She just barely escaped the explosion this time! though.. she did land on her butt by falling backward. This part of the level was so much easier with a ranged weapon.. but oh well.. only two more explosives to go.

Oof... At least I didn't take actual damage from that... *The maid gets up, pats some dirt off her rear, then repeats the process on the next one.*

xGoggles wrote:Looking over the soup Penny got herself, he asks, "
What kind of soup did you get?
"

Oh, nothing special or anything... *Looking at it, it appears to be some form of chicken soup!*

Abillioncats wrote:"Phew...I'm luckily I was caught by that one...she didn't seem to care that I'm snooping around...or about anything really..." Robin said to himself as he trailed around outside of the manor, looking for yet another window to peak in.

*There are plenty of other windows on the building. One that's nearby seems to look into a laundry room...*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:54 am

Ookalf wrote:Oof... At least I didn't take actual damage from that... *The maid gets up, pats some dirt off her rear, then repeats the process on the next one.*

The pixelated dirt gets patted of her rear and repeating the dodging process of jumping back right when they were about to explode, led to a success with no additional damage done to her~!
Now it was just her, in front of the giant gate that led to the big boss... Was she ready?

Ookalf wrote:Oh, nothing special or anything... *Looking at it, it appears to be some form of chicken soup!*

"Hm? Like chicken soup?", Dan asks while continuing with his own meal.
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:04 pm

Ookalf wrote:*Her guide laughs.* No, no, not at all! I mean, there might be one or two of those here, but Miss Circe's not one of them... *The duo finally arrive at the library, where they find Circe studying a spellbook!* Miss Circe! We have a new maid here to see you.

Oh? *Circe looks up from her book and spots the cat-eared one.* I see. So, what brings you here?

CE-Maid: Um... well, to make a long story short, I need work. Like, seriously need work. I'm talking "flat broke" levels of I-need-work.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse