Circe's Manor Raids Again

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Circe's Manor Raids Again

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:43 pm

Bog-standard variety. Geese, cardinals, blue jays, pigeons, chickadees, warblers, woodpeckers... saw a robin earlier, too. Out of season, but whatever.
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Abillioncats » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:12 pm

Ookalf wrote:Oh? *Nozomi looks up from her bow.* So you couldn't understand me a moment ago, but can now? How mysterious... But it's not a bad thing, is it?

"No, I suppose it's not a bad thing." Robin said with a nod. "It's like my wish got granted or something. Weird."
Kitty Kennel (aka my roster of characters)
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:46 am

AmbushCat wrote:Charis: *looks over the map, nodding when she's done* This... this'll be fine. Thanks for helping me get situated, Amanda.

Nooooooo problem! So, I'm gonna go grab that stuff you asked me about now, if that's OK. Later! *Unless Charis has something else to add, Amanda will leave to take care of those things.*

AmbushCat wrote:Bog-standard variety. Geese, cardinals, blue jays, pigeons, chickadees, warblers, woodpeckers... saw a robin earlier, too. Out of season, but whatever.

Oh, cool. Honestly, robins probably are one my favorite types of birds...

Abillioncats wrote:"No, I suppose it's not a bad thing." Robin said with a nod. "It's like my wish got granted or something. Weird."

So it would seem... Well, now that we can talk, is there anything you wished to say?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:40 am

AmbushCat wrote:Bog-standard variety. Geese, cardinals, blue jays, pigeons, chickadees, warblers, woodpeckers... saw a robin earlier, too. Out of season, but whatever.
Ookalf wrote:Oh, cool. Honestly, robins probably are one my favorite types of birds...

"Hmm, glad to see that birds are pretty normal around here. At least the sky isn't full with griffins, chimeras and rayquazas~", she says while still looking out the window.
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:35 pm

Nooooooo problem! So, I'm gonna go grab that stuff you asked me about now, if that's OK. Later! *Unless Charis has something else to add, Amanda will leave to take care of those things.*

*Charis smiles and waves, then parts ways with her and leaves the room to do some general exploration.*

Oh, cool. Honestly, robins probably are one my favorite types of birds...

I feel like I ought to be a bit partial towards sparrows, somehow.

xGoggles wrote:"Hmm, glad to see that birds are pretty normal around here. At least the sky isn't full with griffins, chimeras and rayquazas~", she says while still looking out the window.

That's not to say that... *pauses for a few moments, forcing herself to speak* ...they can't turn into those due to magic and stuff. Instinct may drive them to avoid Color fruits, for example, but they can still try to eat them if they're desperate enough for food. *taps her chin* There's this maid on our staff that used to be a mourning dove... can't remember her name, don't want to. We had this bad winter a few years back, and it somehow got into our greenhouses and tried to eat one of the fruits kept there. A few seconds later, there was a very confused and hungry harpy trying to understand everything that was happening.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Abillioncats » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:09 pm

Ookalf wrote:So it would seem... Well, now that we can talk, is there anything you wished to say?

"Ummmm...well..." Robin thought about it. "Do you have any idea why you're only able to speak Japanese? Seems kind of strange, since you can understand us."
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:08 am

Abillioncats wrote:"Ummmm...well..." Robin thought about it. "Do you have any idea why you're only able to speak Japanese? Seems kind of strange, since you can understand us."

Ah, that. You see, I... *Before Nozomi can explain, she's interrupted by the sound of Kelly loudly clearing her throat.* Actually, maybe we should save this for another time. You still have work to do, don't you?

AmbushCat wrote:That's not to say that... *pauses for a few moments, forcing herself to speak* ...they can't turn into those due to magic and stuff. Instinct may drive them to avoid Color fruits, for example, but they can still try to eat them if they're desperate enough for food. *taps her chin* There's this maid on our staff that used to be a mourning dove... can't remember her name, don't want to. We had this bad winter a few years back, and it somehow got into our greenhouses and tried to eat one of the fruits kept there. A few seconds later, there was a very confused and hungry harpy trying to understand everything that was happening.

Oh, right, I remember her! I think we ended up calling her Marnie, or something like that... It kinda took a while to get her caught up on everything.

AmbushCat wrote:*Charis smiles and waves, then parts ways with her and leaves the room to do some general exploration.*

*It's a big manor... Is Charis looking to end up anywhere in particular, or is she content to just generally look around?*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Abillioncats » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:41 am

Ookalf wrote:Ah, that. You see, I... *Before Nozomi can explain, she's interrupted by the sound of Kelly loudly clearing her throat.* Actually, maybe we should save this for another time. You still have work to do, don't you?

"Oh!" Robin blushes, she'd forgotten why she was here in the first place. "Y-Yeah...I do. It was nice meeting you though." With that she looked at the list again to see who was next...
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:58 pm

*It's a big manor... Is Charis looking to end up anywhere in particular, or is she content to just generally look around?*

*Charis decides to just walk around for a while, committing the basic layout to memory and not having anyplace special in mind to go to.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby xGoggles » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:54 pm

AmbushCat wrote:That's not to say that... *pauses for a few moments, forcing herself to speak* ...they can't turn into those due to magic and stuff. Instinct may drive them to avoid Color fruits, for example, but they can still try to eat them if they're desperate enough for food. *taps her chin* There's this maid on our staff that used to be a mourning dove... can't remember her name, don't want to. We had this bad winter a few years back, and it somehow got into our greenhouses and tried to eat one of the fruits kept there. A few seconds later, there was a very confused and hungry harpy trying to understand everything that was happening.
Ookalf wrote:Oh, right, I remember her! I think we ended up calling her Marnie, or something like that... It kinda took a while to get her caught up on everything.

Danaye nods while listening and replies, "Yeah, I have been warned that fruits here can have strange magical effects. Is that only with fruit or also with veggies or well any kind of plant? Are the greenhouses here full with magical and exotic plants?"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:45 pm

Certain vegetables can do it, too. Like the uncarrot.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:56 pm

Abillioncats wrote:"Oh!" Robin blushes, she'd forgotten why she was here in the first place. "Y-Yeah...I do. It was nice meeting you though." With that she looked at the list again to see who was next...

It was nice meeting you, as well. Until next time... *Nozomi bows again and returns into her room.*

*Back to the list, it seems that her next delivery is a bunch of t-shirts for someone named Abby.* Not a lot left to go through here... What's next?

AmbushCat wrote:*Charis decides to just walk around for a while, committing the basic layout to memory and not having anyplace special in mind to go to.*

*After wandering for a little bit, Charis winds up in a rec room where a bunch of people seem to be playing board games. She could watch them, try to join in, or just move on...*

xGoggles wrote:Danaye nods while listening and replies, "Yeah, I have been warned that fruits here can have strange magical effects. Is that only with fruit or also with veggies or well any kind of plant? Are the greenhouses here full with magical and exotic plants?"

We've got some normal stuff in there too, but pretty much, yeah. Did you wanna see them?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Abillioncats » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:05 am

Ookalf wrote:It was nice meeting you, as well. Until next time... *Nozomi bows again and returns into her room.*

*Back to the list, it seems that her next delivery is a bunch of t-shirts for someone named Abby.* Not a lot left to go through here... What's next?

"Someone named Abby." Robin replied, noting that the next delivery sounded fairly normal, T-shirts.
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:14 am

AmbushCat wrote:Certain vegetables can do it, too. Like the uncarrot.

The genie blinks for a second and asks a little bit confused, "The what-carrot?"

Ookalf wrote:We've got some normal stuff in there too, but pretty much, yeah. Did you wanna see them?

"Uh-umm, sure. I suppose that can be quite interesting" Danaye shrugs, not sure what to expect.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:38 pm

*After wandering for a little bit, Charis winds up in a rec room where a bunch of people seem to be playing board games. She could watch them, try to join in, or just move on...*

*Curiosity and her initial goal war with each other briefly. Curiosity wins out, and Charis decides to pull up a seat and watch.*

The genie blinks for a second and asks a little bit confused, "The what-carrot?"

The 'uncarrot'. It focuses on stuff that's dark and evil and gives people those tendencies when eaten. ...There used to be this Gorgon-girl who worked here for a few years, Lorin someone-or-other, who was pretty good at keeping those urges in check, so it's not like being evil's a definite thing.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse